How's your non-district schedule look this year? Any opponent that seems random or far away?

Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Re: How's your non-district schedule look this year? Any opponent that seems random or far away?

Post by Windthorstfan »

Yes, they were a semi-finalist in 2019.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Re: How's your non-district schedule look this year? Any opponent that seems random or far away?

Post by Razorback »

Windthorstfan wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:00 pm Nobody wants to play to Wellington!! It’s a struggle all good teams seem to have. Kind of funny y’all are playing Jacksboro, pretty sure they dropped us despite only being 45 minutes away. Granted some of that could have been our inability to field separate junior high teams at the time.
Sounds to me they would drive a lot farther not to have to play Windthorst..
ProfessorJones
Users

Post by ProfessorJones »

Game 1- Refugio travels to Bruni for their 19th consecutive road game. 2 1/2 hrs.
Game 2- Refugio has their first home game since 11/8/2019, when they play George West at Jack Sportsman Stadium.
Game 4- Refugio travels to Sabinal, I believe this is their first matchup in football. 3 hrs.
Game 5- Refugio travels to 4A Division 2, Crystal City. I believe this is also their first matchup. 3 hrs.
It’s a pretty good day when you’re on your way and you like where you’re going, and you’ve got what you want and you want what you’ve got and you’re wise enough to know it.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

I don't remember the year Eagle1 could probably tell us, but they (Goldthwaite) drew the short stick. Most of their district games were 2+ hour drives!
Piper
Donating Member 21-22

Post by Piper »

Ours is looking tougher than it was Thursday I can tell you that much..
ProfessorJones
Users

Post by ProfessorJones »

I think it’s unusual that Refugio is playing 3 teams that they have never played before, Bruni, Sabinal, and Crystal City. All road games.
It’s a pretty good day when you’re on your way and you like where you’re going, and you’ve got what you want and you want what you’ve got and you’re wise enough to know it.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

ProfessorJones wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:58 am I think it’s unusual that Refugio is playing 3 teams that they have never played before, Bruni, Sabinal, and Crystal City. All road games.
Teams probably said if we are going to play come to our house so we don’t have to ride home with our tails between legs!!!
ProfessorJones
Users

Post by ProfessorJones »

Windthorstfan wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:31 pm
ProfessorJones wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:58 am I think it’s unusual that Refugio is playing 3 teams that they have never played before, Bruni, Sabinal, and Crystal City. All road games.
Teams probably said if we are going to play come to our house so we don’t have to ride home with our tails between legs!!!
Lol. Maybe so.