FSSW App

TroRAntelope
Ambassador Region 1

Re: FSSW App

Post by TroRAntelope »

yeah, i was getting POed. Wouldn't let me log in on my phone.

I go my laptop and log in immediately to DCTF.

The ap has been very handy through the years. Hope they haven't ruined it.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

santafecomanche wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:37 pm App is down on opening night. FSSW SUCKS
EXACTLY!
It’s not Dave Campbell can’t afford to have good servers.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

Eagle 1 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:24 pm If who ever is running this app is reading this….

IT SUCKS NOW!

Go back to the old the one!
+1
Not a one person on Hico side liked the app.
Dirtysims
Donating Member 22-23

Post by Dirtysims »

It was so bad last night I couldn’t login and update the game until we got in the truck and on our way home.
Bonecrusher
Users

Post by Bonecrusher »

Got a a few thoughts on this:
*Wondering if it was solely the app or maybe a server issue? Worked fine for me right up to game time, and working fine now. Maybe server(s) couldn't handle the sudden spike in activity?
*Looks like time might have got away from Stepp & Co. and they had to launch it to give us something to use. Def should have been beta tested/trial launch earlier instead of waiting for week 1. They supposedly plan to add more features, so development of the app is still an on-going process.
*Even though games wouldn't load, the news articles worked. Nice to have, I guess, but really not why I'm using the app.
*FWIW I liked all the features & layout of the old app. Didn't really care for a lot of the idiots that were known to take over game chats, but overall it was a really nice app. What I don't know is if they changed because they had to, or wanted to.
* I will ride along with the new app for the season and see how things progress. Rough start, but feel like I should give them the benefit of some additional time to work things out.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

The previous app was Fox Sports SW. Not sure if that was part of it since it’s now Bally Sports?
Piper
Donating Member 21-22

Post by Piper »

I had flashbacks to before cell and you had to listen to the friday night local scoreboard on the radio at 10:30. It was hard to get through it last night lol :flags-texas:
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Hello,

We understand everyone’s frustration with the app at the moment. We’re just as frustrated and are doing everything in our power to correct these issues.

That said, we’re looking at ALL options available to us at this point and will have an update on that ahead of next week’s games.

We’ll post updates HERE - www.texasfootball.com/football-friday-c ... ons-center - as well as on our Twitter and Facebook pages.

We’re very sorry about this; more than you know. It’s certainly not the way we had anticipated kicking off the 2021 season. Please hang with us and look for an update soon. We will not disappoint you.

Sincerely,

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

Is the “new app” not the same as the DCTF app? I get the same content on both.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

PurplePunch wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:10 pm Is the “new app” not the same as the DCTF app? I get the same content on both.
Pretty sure it was Fox Sports SW Friday Nights Lights. It’s now now Football Friday.