Tough little feller
Still in my prayers....................
dogfan1
Site Admin

Re: ***Updated Below*** Tomorrow is Hudson's big Surgery

Post by dogfan1 »

Update from my son today:

7-5-2021 PACT team

This morning has been very tough, Dr Hernandez from the PACT Team was introduced to Hudson and I by Dr Gordon, the ICU cardiologist.

Small things to note, Hudson cannot have anymore food or water, only ice chips. His numbers are stable but he is not making headway as they want him too.

The team doesn’t want to take a chance and keep hurting his organs with medication, so they have involved another team of doctors to step in, research, and determine if any additional medical care will help him or not.

Right now, they believe that he Fontan is failing as is the heart, and medication is not helping him progress. This morning Hudson was presented in the conference with the team and all the surgeons and cardiologists.

Hudson has had a very difficult time bouncing back from this procedure, and he is not progressing post fontan as he should.

They are getting him scheduled for a cath so they can take a look at his heart, the pressures and the anatomy of his heart, which will help them determine the next steps but will try to improve anything they can because they want him to live his life with his heart. The tricuspid valve has prolapsed nearly his entire life and leaked a little, but it has been in a severe stage for well over a week now.

How long can they continue to harm other organs to save the heart? At some point when all the medical management fails, the PACT team has to get involved for advanced therapies INCLUDING heart transplant.

As of right now, they are studying and going to come to a conclusion on the next steps. They have to figure out what’s best for Hudson long term.

This is very real, it’s very scary, but it’s no surprise. We have known this may be what happens for a very long time, this is the LAST option for my son.
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Praying.......................
dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

If you know me you know I despise posting this worse than you despise reading it. It goes against everything I am which is patriarch of my family that always provides everything our family needs.

If you feel led to give do, if not please pray. This is tough for me to put up here. I'm a lot better at sneaky giving than I ever have been at receiving or asking for help.

From my son Matthew Barnett

Several have asked for this information, and I’m the last person to ever ask for help however, i won’t steal anyone’s happiness that has it on their heart for things like this. We all fill our own cups in different ways.

I have Zelle too,

This is going to be a bumpy road, i know we will make it through this.

His number is 972-999-7o88. You can call or text him. His email is mattb_55@yahoo.com

Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Prayers and blessings sent
dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

From Hudson's Mom:

Brandi Easter
18 minutes ago

Hudson’s last heart surgery is now being evaluated as a failed fontan surgery. Friday we will get a cath and MRI. We will know more after those things are done. He is back on heart failure medication (milrinone). His tricuspid valve that’s been leaking is now at a point where it’s not repairable. Heart transplant is now an option we are looking into. Emotions are high. I never wanted things to be this way. I don’t understand. I’ll never understand. My only son, God has a plan for you. You are so special to me Hudson. And special to God.
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Praying...........
dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

From Hudson's Dad,

Matthew Barnett
29 minutes ago

Just swapped out with his momma, i was able to catch up on work yesterday afternoon and today which is good.
Here is the report i got today.
Hudson feels so much better today. They removed the chest tube early this morning. The first thing he said when I walked in was look at my back it’s gone. It doesn’t hurt anymore. He’s been awake and pretty content, sitting up in bed playing IPad games. They said everything is the same just some BP meds adjusted. Praying it comes down some more . It’s still high 127/78 but has dropped down into the 90’s at times which is where it needs to say. They took the high flow oxygen off and he’s back on a normal nasal cannula. Still NPO and will be all week. Asking for food and water but not begging like he was. And the biggest thing of all he walked from his other room on another hall to his new room about 75-100 yards!
He was moved rooms because another baby was in more serious condition needing the room he was in, however his care does not change, we are still in the ICU just across the hall.
His cath is scheduled Friday with a contingent of a bronc Saturday, they may do an emergency bronc Friday if they cannot intubate him for the cath, and anatomy study of his heart. What this will all allow is a better look at his heart, where the intervening cardiologists and doctors will decide the following:
A. Is Hudson’s heart able to be saved? Are there any more repairs that can be made? Ultimately they want him to keep his heart.
Or
B. Heart transplant. Though transplant seems like the easiest choice, and may be the best decision for him, he may be able to breathe normal and have a somewhat normal life, however, his body could ultimately reject the organ.
We pray that whatever choice is made that Hudson can start to thrive instead of survive. My baby boy is all i have, and if he was bigger and my heart was compatible anatomically and type, i would give him my heart in without even thinking twice.

dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

If you have Facebook you can go look at a video from today to see how well he is doing today. He is still in heart failure. Medicine is helping with that. Friday and Saturday are big tests and we will know more by Monday.

Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Praying.....................