Magazine

ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Magazine

Post by ganadofan1 »

I am looking forward to Dave Campbell's. I know their coverage of small ball is limited but I enjoy looking at all classifications. I also enjoy the college section. I think I also get the FNF magazine.

I'm ready for 2a days.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Re: Magazine

Post by H.TIGFAN »

I think FNF magazine is out of business for the Texas version.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

I get it to see how many the teams have returning. I always laughed when I looked at the small school information listed. One time they had a kid listed as a player to watch and he was barely 5' and weighed about 90lbs. He was a junior and had never played a lot, but you would think Dave Campbell had some secret information. I think they just looked at the list of players and said eenie meenie minie mo...
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Razorback wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 am I get it to see how many the teams have returning. I always laughed when I looked at the small school information listed. One time they had a kid listed as a player to watch and he was barely 5' and weighed about 90lbs. He was a junior and had never played a lot, but you would think Dave Campbell had some secret information. I think they just looked at the list of players and said eenie meenie minie mo...
Maybe back in the older days!!! Matt Stepp, who ran the FNF, has really upgraded their coverage and has pushed Coaches around the state to return their coach's questionnaires.
TroRAntelope
Ambassador Region 1

Post by TroRAntelope »

Some of those smaller schools do have some playmakers who are not that big of stature. One of Windthorst's key players last season was 5'7", 152# and played o-line and LB.

I have DCTF back to '96. I love pulling them out and just reading a certain classification for a given year and looking at the all-state teams and if any of those guys played well in college, as well. +1 on Matt Stepp and his efforts. Couple of years ago I had a pretty good gripe about some of their marketing strategy, and dude discussed it openly and fairly on another board. The only way I don't buy their magazine is if they don't publish one...
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

DCTF has misspelled multiple Ganado kids over the years. I'm a member and am looking forward to my magazine here in the next few weeks. 2 a days in 2 months. It's all going to be good.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

I haven’t bought a DCTF in at least three years.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

TroRAntelope wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:50 pm Some of those smaller schools do have some playmakers who are not that big of stature. One of Windthorst's key players last season was 5'7", 152# and played o-line and LB.
What I meant was that the kid never played and there was no way they had looked at the stats seriously. He was a great kid, and played a lot in JH and JV but when it came to football he just never got the hang of it.