SHINER VS POST - FOR THE TITLE.

billygoat
Users

Re: SHINER VS POST - FOR THE TITLE.

Post by billygoat »

WellingtonSkyrocket wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:16 am Post is very, very good. Shiner is also very, very good. Seems like it'd be a close game with Shiner winning by a touchdown maybe but who knows.

Shiner I know has an awesome reputation. Post I've heard is a town of over 5K people, joke being they're normally double the size of their opponent with a huge team. I think this game will be more competitive than the Mart/Windthorst game but who knows.
I know the Mart/Windthorst game will be more competitive than if it was Mart/Wellington.
PaulR01
Users

Post by PaulR01 »

Post has the best defense I have ever seen in a small school division. Last week they finally got someone physical enough to score on them. We will see what adjustments they make from it. This matchup is so close I wouldn't put money on it. Whom ever makes the least amount of mistakes and can capitalize on one will be the winner. That's my 2 cents worth.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

PaulR01 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:24 pm Post has the best defense I have ever seen in a small school division. Last week they finally got someone physical enough to score on them. We will see what adjustments they make from it. This matchup is so close I wouldn't put money on it. Whom ever makes the least amount of mistakes and can capitalize on one will be the winner. That's my 2 cents worth.
I was watching the preview videos and commented nearly the exact same thing. They talked about big plays, but I think it will come down to who can hold onto the ball and not cough it up. Should he a heck of a game.
WellingtonSkyrocket
Users

Post by WellingtonSkyrocket »

billygoat wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:44 am
WellingtonSkyrocket wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:16 am Post is very, very good. Shiner is also very, very good. Seems like it'd be a close game with Shiner winning by a touchdown maybe but who knows.

Shiner I know has an awesome reputation. Post I've heard is a town of over 5K people, joke being they're normally double the size of their opponent with a huge team. I think this game will be more competitive than the Mart/Windthorst game but who knows.
I know the Mart/Windthorst game will be more competitive than if it was Mart/Wellington.
As someone who hasn't watched a game in person this year, just read articles and such, that's the impression I got to. I know we don't throw the ball and Windthorst seems balanced and bigger than us. In 2013 I was nervous but knew we had an amazing team and we did. This year it felt like Mart just outclassed everyone in our division including us. But injuries, bad plays, you never know...it's why they play the game. I think Windthorst is probably more equipped to take on Mart than us but I just see Mart as just flat out being better than everyone in D2. Will be neat to see if the Trojans can pull off the upset or if Mart seniors pull off the 4 peat.

Good luck to both teams tonight, nobody else in the division can say they're playing for a state title besides y'all. Safe travels and here's hoping it's a good game and no "what ifs" are left on the field. Lord knows with the craziness of 2020 having teams to root for while playing for a state title is a welcome change for sure.