District 4-2A Division I (2017)

Home of the toughest football in Texas
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Re: District 4-2A Division I (2017)

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 am

Area Round Playoff Games For District 4-2A Division I:

Stamford Bulldogs (9-2) vs. Sundown Roughnecks (10-1)

Post Antelopes (8-3) vs. New Deal Lions (10-1)

Hawley Bearcats (8-3) vs. Stratford Elks (10-1)

Well all of these schools had it pretty easy in the first round, with the exception of Sundown, their game was certainly the most contested... All of these schools are certainly capable of winning these area round games...

Which of these schools will rise to the occasion, overcome adversity, take care of the ball, and outlast their opponent ???

Who do you have and why ???

Good Luck to All of these Schools...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey Henderson & Scott Akins Go Bearcats, Congratulations on 50 Years !!! **== **== **== **== **==

BOLDGOLD

Postby BOLDGOLD » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:59 am

I think Stamford will have a pretty easy win, as far as Hawley and Post goes, it going to be a battle. Best of luck to 4-2A

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:29 am

I'm going with Sundown to "upset" the Bulldogs - just a hunch

New Deal is rolling so I'll pick them over Post

Hawley is having a dream season so the Bearcats over the Elks
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

ElkHomer

Postby ElkHomer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:43 am

Should be 3 good games here. I have only seen 1 of these teams, so keep that in mind. I think Stamford over Sundown, New Deal over Post, and Stratford over Hawley. I will agree with the all are capable statement.

bluedawg

Postby bluedawg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Stamford like this winning, they are no hungry
Bulldogs move on to the next round

Post has been so erratic this year, going with New Deal who are always tough.

If Hawley has their QB healthy, he is a factor, they will be hard to stop. Bearcats over the Elks.

bluedawg

Postby bluedawg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Elkhomer, wasn't it 2012 when Stamford beat Stratford? I remember it was played at Lubbock Cooper.

ElkHomer

Postby ElkHomer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Blue - I think it was the quarterfinals in 2012. I think you beat us that year and went on to win it.

bluedawg

Postby bluedawg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pm

ElkHomer wrote:Blue - I think it was the quarterfinals in 2012. I think you beat us that year and went on to win it.

Thanks, was pretty sure it was 2012, was a good game

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Big Country Player of the Week: Munday's Thorn, Weaver share honor

Evan Ren, Abilene Reporter-News
Nov. 20, 2017
http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 882508001/

BIG COUNTRY TOP 10

10C. Tre Mitchell, WR/RB/DB, Jr., Stamford— Helped Stamford to a 69-14 win over Anthony in a Region II-2A Division II bi-district game with 170 yards rushing and three touchdowns on, get this, three carries.

It’s going to be interesting to see how far this Stamford team gets with all the athleticism it possesses.

OTHER TOP PERFORMERS

Caden Mathis, OL/DL/PK, Sr., Stamford (Was 9 of 10 on PATs and had three touchbacks on kickoffs vs. Anthony)

Tim Chambers, DE, Sr., Stamford (Had one solo tackle, nine assisted stops, three tackles for loss and four QB hurries vs. Anthony)

Carson Holt, LB, Jr., Stamford (Had three solo tackles, seven assists, one sack, two QB hurries and one forced fumble vs. Anthony)
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey Henderson & Scott Akins Go Bearcats, Congratulations on 50 Years !!! **== **== **== **== **==

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Big Country Player of the Week: Munday's Thorn, Weaver share honor

Evan Ren, Abilene Reporter-News
Nov. 20, 2017

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 882508001/

BIG COUNTRY TOP 10

1. Quay Stokes, Ethan Davis and Colton Marshall, QB/WR/RB, Sr./Jr./So., Hawley — This trio led the way in the Bearcats' 52-0 bi-district win over Christoval.

At the throttle, Stokes was 18 of 28 for 239 yards and five touchdowns.

Davis was his target on four occasions for 101 yards and three touchdowns.

Marshall flanked Stokes in the backfield, rushing 11 times for 240 yards and a score to help Hawley improve to 8-3.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Stamford's Washington named finalist for coveted Biletnikoff Award

Chris Wilner
Nov 20, 2017

http://www.ktxs.com/news/stamfords-wash ... /659817516

ABILENE, Texas - The Tallahassee Quarterback Club (TQC) Foundation, Inc., the Florida-based creator and sponsor of the Biletnikoff Award, announced the 3 Finalists for the 2017 Biletnikoff Award. Oklahoma State’s James Washington (Stamford, TX) joins West Virginia’s David Sills V and Colorado State’s Michael Gallup as this year’s finalists.

The Biletnikoff Award annually recognizes the outstanding receiver in college football.

Washington is looking to bring the Biletnikoff Award to Stillwater for just the third time in ten years, as Justin Blackmon was the winner in both 2010 and 2011. Additionally, current Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant was a finalist in 2008.

A unanimous preseason and midseason All-America selection in 2017, the senior from Stamford, TX has an average of 118.8 receiving yards per game and the Cowboy also has five 100-yard games against Big 12 competition. It should be noted that two of Washington's 100-yard efforts came against Oklahoma and TCU, both of whom are ranked in the Top 10 nationally.

Washington's 2017 season continues a multi-year run as one of college football's best wideouts. He has surpassed 1,000 receiving yards each of the last three seasons, becoming one of only three players in Big 12 Conference history to achieve that feat three times.

Washington is the FBS active career leader in receiving touchdowns (37) and receiving yards (4,240). He is one of just 21 players in NCAA history to surpass 4,000 career receiving yards.

With a strong finish to the season, Washington could finish as the Big 12 career receiving yards leader. He enters this week's game against Kansas 346 yards shy of the Big 12's all-time record with two games yet to play.

The 2017 Biletnikoff Award winner will be presented live on December 7, 2017, on The Home Depot College Football Awards Show to be broadcast 7:00 - 9:00pm (EST) on ESPN.

College Football Hall of Famer, Heisman Trophy winner, and Biletnikoff Award voter Desmond Howard will present the 2017 Biletnikoff Award winner on the show. Howard is one of only 5 ends or receivers who has won the Heisman Trophy, joining Larry Kelley, Leon Hart, Johnny Rodgers, and Biletnikoff Award voter Tim Brown.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:04 pm

Youngblood: Twenty-four Big Country teams remain in UIL playoffs

Daniel Youngblood, Abilene Reporter-News
Nov. 20, 2017

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 883463001/

THREE QUESTIONS

2. Will either of our remaining District 4-2A Division I teams (Stamford and Hawley) survive their games this week?

Regardless of what happens Friday, both Stamford (9-2) and Hawley (8-3) are good football teams that have had impressive 2017 campaigns. But to extend their seasons past the Thanksgiving weekend, both will have to pass difficult tests.

Stamford plays the Sundown Roughnecks (10-1), whose only loss came in district to Abernathy (9-2). Hawley, meanwhile, plays District 1-2A Div. I champion Stratford (10-1), which has lost only to Canadian and has held six opponents to seven points or less.

It's nice to think about a rematch between the Bulldogs and Bearcats after what happened in their regular-season meeting, but both have a ton of work to do to make that a reality.

Note: I only posted the part of this story that pertained to District 4-2A Big Country Information. None of the other 2A schools from the Big Country were mentioned ???

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:31 am

HS FOOTBALL PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Post completes comeback, advances to area round

Nov 18, 2017

http://lonestarvarsity.com/news/38033/h ... rea-round/

Post 39, Ozona 19

FORSAN — Post fell behind early to Ozona, but scored 33 unanswered points in its 39-19 victory in the Class 2A Division I bi-district round.

Despite a Damontre Curtis touchdown in the first half, the Antelopes fell behind 19-6 early on to the Lions (6-5). However, Octavius Jackson and Taythem Thetford scored two touchdowns each in the second half to pull away.

Jackson rushed for 189 yards and two touchdowns for Post (8-3). Thetford totaled 157 yards and two touchdowns and threw for five yards.

Post is scheduled to play New Deal at 4 p.m. Friday at Littlefield High in the Class 2A Division I area round.

POST 39, OZONA 19

Ozona;7;12;0;0;—;19

Post;0;6;16;17;—;39

First Quarter
OZO — Kobe Rodirguez 5 run (Kick good)

Second Quarter
POST — Damontre Curtis 9 run (Conversion failed)
OZO — Alex Lara 4 run (Kick failed)
OZO — Sebastian De La Cruz 32 pass from Lara (Conversion failed)

Third Quarter
POST — Octavius Jackson 8 run (Jackson run)
POST — Taytem Thetford 41 run (Thetford run)

Fourth Quarter
POST — Team safety
POST — Thetford 5 run (Hunter Graves run)
POST — Jackson 65 run (Kick good)

OZO;POST
First Downs;16;20
Rushes-Yds;44-253;51-401
Passing Yards;54;5
Comp.-Att.-Int;3-7-1;2-4-1
Punts-Avg;2-37.0;2-39.0
Fumbles-Lost;1-1;1-1
Penalties-Yrds;5-35;8-75

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING: Ozona, Lara 18-105, Rodriguez 11-72, DeLaCruz 10-49, Zachary Talamantez 4-19; Post, Jackson 15-189, Thetford 23-157, Curtis 5-37, Jose Esparza 4-23, Graves 2-7

PASSING: Ozona, Lara 2-4-27, Rodriguez 1-3-27; Post, Thetford 2-4-5

RECEIVING: Ozona, Lara 1-27, De La Cruz 2-27; Post, Curtis 1-3, Brandon Britton 1-2

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:21 am

Stamford shines in return to playoffs

By: David Robinet
Nov 22, 2017

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/sport ... /862524196

November 22, 2017 - The Stamford Bulldogs are known for making post season runs, and they made the playoffs for six straight year, but broke that streak last season.

Tim Chambers said, "It was very disappointing for sure because I mean no team really wants to be staying home when everybody else is getting to play."

Ronnie Casey said, "We've gotten used to it and it was accustomed to being around here, and having to go do something different, and families do something different for the hollidays, and seeing the kids disapointed made the big push for this year that they were going to change their mind and their attitude."

And that's exactly what they did, and now the Bulldogs are back on track.

Chambers said, "At the end of the season last year, we kind of all made a pact that we were going to do whatever it takes to make sure that we were in the playoffs this year, and just seeing all that come together, it's just amazing to watch."

Tre Mitchell said, "It's great experience. We enjoy it. We practice hard everyday to deserve this, so I think we all enjoy it very much, and I think it's well deserved."

One thing the Bulldogs did learn from last season that turned into a positive, is that the playoffs aren't guaranteed.

Chambers said, "It was good for us too because it kind of opened our eyes that it's not just going to get given to us. We're going to have to go out there and work for it and take it."

The mindsets have changed, and this team is closer than ever.

Mitchell said, "It's wonderful. They've really made me feel like I'm at home. They're a family to me, and I enjoy being around them."

Casey said, "The main ingredient this year is they've stood by each other, and the chemistry's been awesome, and just to watch each one of them support each other has been the biggest difference in this season than last season."

Stamford looks to continue their playoff run with a win over Sundown on Friday.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:20 am

Area Round Playoff Games For District 4-2A Division I:

Stamford Bulldogs (9-2) vs. Sundown Roughnecks (10-1)

Post Antelopes (8-3) vs. New Deal Lions (10-1)

Hawley Bearcats (8-3) vs. Stratford Elks (10-1)

Well, It's finally game day... Looks like a tough outing for District 4, But who knows, that's why you play the games...

I think Stamford has the easiest of the three games, as I think they have had the tougher schedule, so I'm taking the Bulldogs in the first game....

Post is starting to peak and has certainly played better ball of late... And although it will not surprise me to see Post win, I just feel New Deal is the team to beat... One thing for sure in this old school smash-mouth type of game, whomever takes care of the ball should prevail...

Lastly, the Bearcats and the Elks... Another game that could come down to turnovers... Hawley's defense has been very good, but Stratford has runningbacks for days, using what looks like a tandem of 8 or more guys to carry the ball... This is very concerning as we have so many two way players, can the Bearcats defense last... Basically, it's going to come down to the O-Line, if they protect Quay and give him time to throw, then good things can happen and maybe we can then take advantage of a of their secondary... We are a young team and going up against a heavy senior laced team that is also a quality program... My hats off to them as they always seem to field a quality team, but the Hawley Bearcats are going to try to knock down Goliath and we shall see how it goes today...

I'm taking my Bearcats in a hard fought game....

Best of luck to all schools as they travel today... May we all have safe travels and injury free games...

Go District 4-2A Division I.... Let's roll....

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:14 am

Well I certainly picked this night wrong...

Congratulations to Stamford and Post on advancing...

Tough night for the Bearcats, Stratford is a very good team...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:02 am

Final Scores & Updated Standings: Area Round Playoff Games For District 4-2A Division I:

Stamford Bulldogs (10-2) - 21
Sundown Roughnecks (10-2) - 14

Post Antelopes (9-3) - 32
New Deal Lions (10-2) - 21

Hawley Bearcats (8-4) - 12
Stratford Elks (11-1) - 58

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 am

Tough loss for Hawley,from whipping boys to a regular playoff team Hawley has come a long way in last few years,still its an empty feeling when you lose

bluedawg

Postby bluedawg » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:23 am

Hawley had a tough loss to a very good Stratford team. When you get this far in the playoffs, you have had a great season win or lose. I not sure Stokes the QB was 100%, he had a hard battle this year with injuries. Good luck to the young man in the future, he will do good in whatever he chooses to do.

Well the district is down to 2 teams after Post and Stamford advance in the bracket. Post to play a very good Stratford team that undoubtedly has a tough Defense, they look like the real deal this year. Post has returned to the Post that started the season, play good football.
Stamford will play Panhandle who I know nothing about. If Stamford starts out playing GOOD football in the first quarter, then they win this and play another game. They have been a slow starting team but nothing like how they played against Sundown the first quarter. GO BLUE

Stamford plays Panhandle in Lubbock at Lowry field at 4 Saturday. I've also other times, will update when they have it figured out along with Post - Stratford game.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:24 am

bluedawg wrote:Hawley had a tough loss to a very good Stratford team. When you get this far in the playoffs, you have had a great season win or lose. I not sure Stokes the QB was 100%, he had a hard battle this year with injuries. Good luck to the young man in the future, he will do good in whatever he chooses to do.

Well the district is down to 2 teams after Post and Stamford advance in the bracket. Post to play a very good Stratford team that undoubtedly has a tough Defense, they look like the real deal this year. Post has returned to the Post that started the season, play good football.
Stamford will play Panhandle who I know nothing about. If Stamford starts out playing GOOD football in the first quarter, then they win this and play another game. They have been a slow starting team but nothing like how they played against Sundown the first quarter. GO BLUE

Stamford plays Panhandle in Lubbock at Lowry field at 4 Saturday. I've also other times, will update when they have it figured out along with Post - Stratford game.

Thanks for the kind words Bluedawg.... You asked or stated several times in previous post about the health of Hawley, but I could not say anything to prevent scouting our team... Quay crushed his Achilles on that same leg he broke in the Stamford game and now is probably lost for basketball as well, he had laid out the entire two weeks prior to our first playoff game with Christoval, because of our by week.... We built a wall around him on that game, which allowed him to just sit back there and pick them apart. If you look at the stats you can see that he has almost no yards rushing, if any... Christoval got to him once and we let our runningbacks carry the load and they both had great games, but right at the last of the game we lost one of our runningbacks to a torn MCL, so we limped into this game with Stratford. Consequently, in the Stamford game we lost one of our receivers to a broken collarbone and another of our lineman to a dislocated thumb that required surgery to reattach main ligament in that thumb.

I say all of this NOT as an excuse to the loss to Stratford as they are a great football team and a force to be reckoned with.... They have a multi-back attack that is brutal, so you are facing a fresh set of legs every few downs and when you try to stack the box and the containment is lost, well he goes for a long score... This played out several times yesterday.... Couple this with the fact that our offensive line could not protect Quay and him not being able to move well, it was not a pretty site....

I agree with you on your statement that Stamford needs to get rolling earlier in the game, but you guys have a good team and seem to be at your healthiest state right now, so I believe you have a good chance to prevail next week... As for the Post Antelopes, wow, what a turnaround and they are back to playing great Antelope football... I look forward to seeing a good ole slug-fest in their next outing with Stratford.... They will need to also watch the Elk quarterback as he does pull back and throw over the top ever now and again to keep you honest....

Best of luck to the Bulldogs and the Antelopes as you continue on....

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:52 am

District 4-2A Division I - Current Standings:

Stamford 10-2 / 4-0 / 2-0
Post 9-3 / 2-2 / 2-0
Hawley 8-4 / 3-1 / 1-1
Anson 5-6 / 1-3 / 0-1
Forsan 3-7 / 0-4 / 0-0

Area Round Playoff Game Scores:

Stamford - 21 vs Sundown - 14

Post - 32 vs New Deal - 21

Hawley - 12 vs Stratford - 58

Regional Semifinals Games:

Stamford (10-2) vs Panhandle (8-4)

Post (9-3) vs Stratford (11-1)

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:04 am

Regional Semifinals Games:

Stamford (10-2) vs Panhandle (8-4)

Post (9-3) vs Stratford (11-1)

Well, Hawley made their exit... Now the district is represented by Stamford and Post...

Who have you got and why??? Want to venture a guess on the points???

Good Luck to District 4....

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Hawley's Stokes chats about breaking Big Country passing record

Evan Nemec
Nov 26, 2017

http://www.ktxs.com/news/hawleys-stokes ... /662578903

ABILENE, Texas - The Hawley Bearcats did not advance to the third round of the high school football playoffs, but their loss to Stratford was still a big night.

Senior quarterback Quay Stokes threw two touchdowns to surpass Colt McCoy's record for most career passing touchdowns by a Big Country player. McCoy threw 116 TDs while playing for Jim Ned from 2001-2004. Stokes threw 117 from 2014-2017 with the Bearcats.

Stokes and Hawley head coach Mitch Ables sat down with KTXS sports reporter Evan Nemec to chat about the accomplishment and the past four seasons of Hawley football.

Below is a transcript of the interview.

Evan: What does that feel like to know you've thrown more touchdowns than anyone else in the area?
Quay: It's a humbling feeling to know I was a part of something great in the Big Country and also as a Hawley Bearcat. No words can express how much this is a team effort. With the coaching staff and unbelievable players throughout my four years at Hawley. I had some great ones come through and I couldn't have done it without them.

Evan: Coach, you've gotten to see Quay grow up for the past four years starting from a freshman quarterback all the way to his senior year. How have you seen him mature and grow?
Mitch: It's unbelievable. He's grown up. He's a great young man now. He was a great young man four years ago. He's continued to grow and the achievements he's going to have, and that he's had already are unbelievable.

Evan: Quay, you would've broken this record a lot earlier this year if you hadn't gotten hurt in the season opener. We talked about that right before you came back from that injury how you had learned to take everything and be grateful for the playing time you had. What have you learned, looking back now that your football career at Hawley is over?
Quay: My plan is not God's plan. God's plan will be done whether you want it or not. At the moment it was a hit in the gut, but I'm very thankful for it for whatever reason God's going to show. For whatever reason it happened, and I can't wait to see why that is.

Evan: The past four years have been the most successful in school history. What has that been like to be a part of that?
"Mitch: When I got on campus he was a little eighth grader. Then we started rolling. After week two of his freshman year he was forced into [the starting quarterback] role, and he's been there ever since. Even when he was hurt he was right there by the team the whole time. It was pretty great to have him around."

Evan: What is one game or moment that is your favorite from playing at Hawley?
Quay: One big one is my freshman year we were down 33 points at half against Colorado City, and came back and won in overtime. That was pretty special, and it was Homecoming so it was a little bigger stage. I have countless memories as a Hawley Bearcat that I'm so proud of that I get to be a part of those memories.

Evan: Coach, you said your mission now is to get Quay a chance to play in college. What do you think his potential is?
Mitch: He can be a great player wherever he ends up. He's got that work ethic and the heart to do it. The sky's the limit.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:46 pm

Miller, Jackson named Lone Star Varsity Athletes of the Week

Nov 30, 2017 6:12 PM

http://lonestarvarsity.com/news/38119/m ... -the-week/

Shailey Miller, Post girls basketball

The senior scored 22 points in Post’s 43-37 win over Roscoe last week. Miller has been one of the bright spots for the Lady Lopes so far with her consistent scoring.

“She was a big key to our success in that game” Post coach Keith Bloskas said. “She had 22 points and six three-pointers, so she was definitely feeling it behind the arc. She’s the type of player where some nights the shots are falling and some nights they aren’t, so she takes it to the rim to try and get her points.

“Shailey loves the game of basketball. I had Shailey as a freshman in track, and the thing I love most is she’s a big competitor. She has a good attitude and hates to lose in whatever she’s doing. She’s always pushing others in practice to get better, and she plays a lot of basketball in the summer and spring as well. It’s been a big part of her life.”

Miller received 63 percent of the vote in the Lone Star Varsity Athlete of the Week poll for the victory.

Post is scheduled to play 12:30 p.m. Friday against Idalou at Estacado.

Octavius Jackson, Post football

The senior ran for 214 yards and scored two touchdowns in Post’s 32-21 win over New Deal in the Class 2A Division I area round.

Jackson took over the running back position midseason due to injury and has since rushed for more than 1,000 yards.

“He played well in the game,” Post coach Michael Pittman said. “He’s come along for us. I think he did a lot of great things to be able to move the sticks. He also had two touchdowns, which is always big.

“Our starting tailback got hurt in Michael Phergson and Octavius was able to step in and learn how to play the position. It took him a while to figure things out, but, once he got it down, he did a good job.”

Jackson received 64 percent of the vote in the Lone Star Varsity Athlete of the Week poll for the victory.

Post is scheduled to play at 7 p.m. Friday against Stratford at Dick Bivins Stadium in Amarillo in the Class 2A Division I regional semifinal round.

I went ahead and posted the entire story since both students were from Post and the story title mentioned them both... Congratulations to both of these players... Good Luck to Post on Friday Night...

bluedawg

Postby bluedawg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Going with Stratford over Post, the Elks just has too many weapons and after watching Post against Stamford, Post has a pass defense that is suspect.

Stamford over Panhandle Stamford is hitting on all cylinders, they are healthy as they have been all season, have cleaned up the penalties and turnovers. Should be a good game.

ElkHomer

Postby ElkHomer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:37 am

I haven't seen Post this year. On paper, looks like 2 good rushing teams. Sounds like we'll have a tall order stopping Mr. Jackson. I guess we'll find out.

I have a very good feeling about the Elks this year.

Panhandle's offense runs through their QB, and he's really been playing well. I am sure Stamford is tough, too.

Should be 2 good games, as you would expect in Game 3.

I would like to thank HawleyRocks for his postings & links, I really appreciate it. I've been meaning to mention on here my respect for Hawley. Well-coached team, good sportsmanship, clean game. It was tough watching Mr. Stokes after the 1st quarter. He's a gamer, and sounds like a good kid. I'm sure he'll be successful in whatever he decides to do. Plenty of positive comments in the stands regarding Mr. Stokes and the entire Hawley squad.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:27 pm

Post falls in Class 2A Division I regional quarterfinals

Dec 02, 2017 7:05 PM

http://lonestarvarsity.com/news/38154/p ... terfinals/

Stratford 48, Post 12

AMARILLO — Post (9-4) fell behind early to Stratford (12-1) in its 48-12 loss in the Class 2A Division I regional quarterfinal.

The Elks scored the first 28 points thanks to three touchdowns by Kade McBryde. The Antelopes got on the board in the second quarter when Octavius Jackson ran a kickoff back 90 yards for a touchdown.

However, Stratford went back to scoring the second half, as they put up 20 straight points before Hunter Graves of Post found the endzone with 37 seconds left in the game.

Jackson ran for 72 yards for the Antelopes. Graves ran fro 58 yards, and Taytem Thetford rushed for 57 yards.

STRATFORD 48, POST 12

Stratford;14;14;7;13;—;48
Post;0;6;0;6;—;12

FIRST QUARTER

STR — Kade McBryde 18 run (Kick failed); 5:20
STR — Bronc Hodges 22 run (McBryde run); 3:01

SECOND QUARTER

STR — McBryde 1 run (Kick failed); 5:05
STR — Shay Hess 20 pass from McBryde (Sergio Guerrero pass from McBryde); 0:34
POST — Octavius Jackson 90 kickoff return (Conversion failed); 0:22

THIRD QUARTER

STR — Hess 1 run (Luis Mendoza kick); 2:27

FOURTH QUARTER

STR — Abraham Villegas 13 run (Kick failed); 11:55
STR — Iuden Romero 6 run (Mendoza kick); 6:32
POST — Hunter Graves 2 run (Conversion failed); 0:37

STR;POST

First Downs;21;15
Rushing-Yds;32-210;46-235
Passing Yards;110;42
Comp.-Att.-Int.;6-9-0;2-10-0
Punts-Avg.; 1-26.0;1-44.0
Fumbles-Lost;1-1;3-2
Penalties-Yds; 3-15;7-55

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING: Stratford, Villegas 8-74, Hodges 3-47, McBryde 6-40, Romero 5-23, Hess 5-10; Post, Jackson 14-72, Graves 10-58, Taytem Thetford 13-57, Jose Esparza 4-33, Ashton Jefferson 5-15.

PASSING: Stratford, McBryde 6-9-110; Post, Thetford 1-8-28, Fidel Trinidad 1-2-14.

RECEIVING: Stratford, Hess 2-39, Colten Lanning 1-33, Pedro Ortega 2-27, Hodges 1-11; Post, Chance Courtney 1-28, Austin Britton 1-14.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 pm

Elks get even as Stratford rolls to lopsided victory over Post

December 2, 2017
LANCE LAHNERT

lance.lahnert@amarillo.com

http://amarillo.com/sports/sports-colum ... s-lopsided

One year and one week.

The Stratford Elks put to rest 53 weeks of a bad taste in their mouth handing out a punishing 48-12 defeat to Post Friday night in a Class 2A Division I regional final at Dick Bivins Stadium.

Post knocked Stratford from the playoffs last year in a 20-14 game.

But on this night, Stratford sent the message early things would be different using an early blocked punt by Noah Harris as the catalyst for scoring touchdowns on its opening three drives owning a 20-0 lead with five minutes remaining in the first half.

Stratford needed a mere five plays to score the opening points after the Harris blocked punt left it with a short field of 42 yards.

Stratford quarterback Kade McBryde scored the touchdown on a 19-yard keeper with 5:20 to play in the first quarter, then the Elks followed with scoring drives of 68 and 70 yards leaving run-oriented Post down 20-0 and in catch-up mode.

Post never recovered from the Stratford’s fast start.

“That was key for getting key field position,” said Stratford coach Matt Lovorn. “We can do a lot with that. That blocked was a nice way to get us going. And that was a one-man rush with Noah coming straight at it.”

Harris said was told by the Stratford coaches during the week run through a gap and “just jump as high as you can. And it worked. We were ready to go score every time we got the ball.”

Post did get Stratford’s attention when Octavius Jackson returned a kickoff 86 yards with 22 seconds remaining in the first half cutting the lead to 28-6.

But when Stratford’s run-oriented two-back offense punched in a touchdown on a Shay Hess 1-yard run with 2:27 to play in the third period the Elks lead ballooned to 35-6.

“Give Stratford credit,” said Post coach Michael Pittman, his team finishing with 276 yards of offense, 233 of that on the ground. “They played a good game. We play the same type of game and when we got behind it was tough to catch up. We didn’t have our best night.”
Stratford ran eight running backs at Post with Abraham Vilegas leading the way running for 62 yards, followed by Bronc Hodges 47 yards on three carries and McBryde adding 42 yards.

McBryde and Hess each scored twice, while Hodges, Villegas and Iuden Romero added a touchdown each for Stratford.

“A year and a week, that was kind of the message this week,” said McBryde who also threw for 119 yards. “Everything we do as a team. That blocked punt was nice to see. I’m glad Noah’s on my team blocking for us.”

Stratford 14 14 6 7 — 48
Post 0 6 0 0 — 12

First Quarter

S—Kade McBryde 19 run (kick failed), 5:20
S—Bronc Hodges 22 run (McBryde run), 3:01

Second Quarter

S-McBryde 1 run (kick failed) 5:05
S—Shay Hess 20 pass from McBryde (Sergio Guerrero pass from McBryde), 0:34
P—Octavius Jackson 86 kickoff return (pass failed), 0:22

Third Quarter

S—Hess 1 run (Luis Mendoza kick), 2:27

Fourth Quarter

S—Abraham Vilegas 13 run (kick failed), 11:55
S—Iuden Romero 6 run (Mendoza kick), 6:32
P—Hunter Graves 2 run (pass failed), 0:37

Stratford Post

First Downs 18 14
Rushing Yards 229 233
Passing Yards 119 41
Total Yards 348 276
C-A-I 7-10-0 2-11-0
Punts-Avg. 1-29.0 1-43.0
Fumbles-Lost 0-0 3-2
Penalties-yards 3-15 6-55

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING

Post — #11 Taytem Thetford 18-57; #10 Octavius Jackson 13-41; #2 Jose Esparza 3-24; #21 Hnter Graves 8-54; Ashton Jefferson 6-22; Team—(-)2.
Stratford — #3 Shay Hess 6-13; #13 Pedro Ortega 3-11; #25 Luis Mendoza 1-7; #5 Kade McBryde 6-42; #24 Daniel DeCasas 3-24; #11 Iuden Romero 4-21; #44 Bronc Hodges 3-47; #12 Abraham Villegas 7-62 .

PASSING Post — #11 Taytem Thetford 1-10-0—28; #3 Fidel Trinidad 1-1-0—13. Stratford — #5 Kade McBryde 7-10-0—119.

RECEIVING Post — #20 Austin Britton 1-13; #33 Chance Courtney 1-28; #35 Colten Lanning 1-33. Stratford — #3 Shay Hess 2-39; #44 Bronc Hodges 1-11; #11 Iuden Romero 1-9; #13 Pedro Ortega 2-27.

Stratford 48, Post 12

Records: Stratford improves 12-1. Post ends its season at 8-5.

Noteworthy: Stratford scored on its opening three possessions of the game going up 20-0 with 5:05 to play in the first half.

Next Up: Stratford plays the winner of Saturday’s Panhandle-Stamford game in the state quarterfinals.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:38 pm

Panhandle takes advantage of Bulldog mistakes, eliminates Stamford

Evan Ren
Dec. 2, 2017

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 916780001/

LUBBOCK - Stamford's best opportunity to remain competitive with a talented Panhandle team rested with limiting mistakes in Saturday's Region I-2A Division I semifinal matchup.

It didn't happen.

Plagued throughout the evening by turnovers, the Bulldogs saw their season come an abrupt halt in a 63-29 loss to the Panthers at Lowrey Field.

Braden Durst threw for 333 yards, rushed for 182 and accounted for seven touchdowns to lead Panhandle (9-4), which never trailed throughout the game.

Stamford, which crippled itself with six turnovers, ended the season at 10-3. The Bulldogs were led by Peyton Bevel, who threw for 166 yards and rushed for 38.

"We had too many turnovers to play with a good football team like that," Stamford coach Ronnie Casey said. "They've got a great football team. They made us do some things we're not used to doing.

"But anytime you get three rounds deep in the playoffs, you have to be happy."

Turning point: With the score tied at 14 early in the second quarter, Panhandle took the lead for good with a pair of big scoring plays — a 57-yard pass from Durst to Luke Ray at the 11:30 mark and a 44-yard fumble return by Garrett Barnett at 11:12.

Up next: Panhandle now advances to face Stratford (12-1) for the region title in a rematch of their District 1 meeting, which Stratford won 35-31 on Oct. 20.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Stamford falls in region semifinals 63-29

By: Mary Johnson
Dec 02, 2017

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/sport ... /873622988

December 2nd, 2017 - The Stamford Bulldogs great run in the postseason comes to an end at the hands of Panhandle in Lubbock on Saturday afternoon.

Panhandle jumped ahead to a 7-0 lead, but Stamford answered to tie it up at 7.

The two teams quickly moved on to tying it up at 14, but that's when Panhandle started to run away, moving to 34-14 in the second.

The Panthers led the Bulldogs 48-21 at the half, but they weren't done finding their way into the end zone.

Panhandle would score three more times in the second half, eventually taking down Stamford 63-29.

Stamford ends their season with a 10-3 record.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:46 pm

Panhandle smashes Stamford, 63-29

December 2, 2017

http://amarillo.com/high-school-sports/ ... ford-63-29

LUBBOCK _ Well, this is the city where offensive mad scientist Mike Leach made scoring points like crazy a the norm.

Maybe that explains the Panhandle Panthers Saturday.

Panhandle cranked out 34 points against Stamford in the second quarter alone of this Class 2A Division I regional final on Lowrey Field at PlainsCapital Park.

Panhandle used those 34 points, one of the touchdowns a fumble return followed by some entertaining dance moves by lineman Garrett Barnett, as the catalyst to a 48-point first half and eventually an utterly impressive 63-29 victory.

And this game was predicted to be a tight one.

“I was expecting a slugfest,” Barnett said.

For a quarter it looked that way as Stamford and Panhandle offenses dominated the action trading a pair of touchdowns settling in for a 14-14 tie and what looked like back-and-forth game heading into the second quarter.

But Panhandle, sparked by Barnett’s 47-yard fumble return and the gritty running and accurate passing of junior quarterback Braden Durst, reeled off 27 points to open the second quarter building a 41-14 lead with 2:21 to play in the half that was never threatened.
Durst, who ran for Panhandle’s first two scores on runs of 63 and 25 in the first quarter, was a prickly thorn in the side of Stamford all game tossing three touchdown passes in the second quarter to Luke Ray (53 yards), Mason Reynolds (11 yards) and Dusty Hughey (8 yards with no time left in the half) igniting the game-deciding quarter.

Durst was asked if he was surprised by the 32-point margin of victory.

“Well, I didn’t expect to lose,” Durst said, who finished with monster stats rushing for a game-high 182 yards out of the shotgun and completing 17-of-24 passes for 333 yards and five touchdowns. “We just play our hearts out and we play hard.”

That was obvious throughout as the Panhandle defense came up with six turnovers - two of those interceptions by Durst - and its aggressiveness limited dangerous Stamford to 92 yards rushing on 25 attempts.

No turnover was bigger than defensive lineman Barnett, who scooped up a fumble at the Panhandle 44-yard line caused by Panhandle defensive end Gage Hughey.

Barnett escaped the traffic in a hurry and found the end zone without only Stamford players in his rearview mirror. Barnett then danced earning a celebration flag.

But the damage was done.

“That was a momentum changer,” said Panhandle coach Dane Ashley. “I didn’t mind the flag.”

Barnett’s hustle play arrived 28 seconds after Panhandle’s previous touchdown and put ahead 27-14.

“Score. Don’t get caught by some fast guy,” said Barnett of what he was thinking while scoring his first touchdown since junior high.

“Instead of falling on it I was like I’m going to go score. I’m going to go score. And just took off running. … Big guys don’t get in the end zone very often and I wanted to give my team a little fire. I knew I was going to get a flag. I said to heck with it.”

Panhandle made sure a let down would not happen after holding a 48-21 lead when 49 seconds into the second half Ray made a strong leaping catch of a Durst long ball and turned it into a 75-yard touchdown and 54-21 lead.

Ray beat up Stamford’s secondary for 210 yards and six receptions and three touchdowns.

Panhandle finished with 533 yards of offense and its most points of the season at 63 much to the pleasure of Panhandle coach Ashley.

“I kind of expected this type of high scoring game because they were going to be hard to stop,” said Ashley, who has the Panthers in the state quarterfinals for the first time since 2003. “But what I did know we are in outstanding shape. We run 150’s at the end every day after practice. I knew if we could just not turn the football over and not give up huge players we could wear them down. That’s what happened in the second quarter, they just got worn down because they an incredibly athletic football team. And we heard the scouting report said Durst can’t throw. He proved can throw and he can obviosuly run. He has taken his game to a new level.
“Bottom line is we just outplayed them. That’s all you can ask from your kids.”

Panhandle;14;34;13;2;—;63
Stamford;14;7;0;0;-;21

First Quarter

P—Braden Durst 63 run (Garrett Barnett kick), 9:31
S—Steven Johnson 1 run (Caden Mathis kick), 7:34
P—Durst 25 run (Barnett kick), 4:26
S—Peyton Bevel 37 run (Mathis kick), 1:11

Second Quarter

P—Luke Ray 53 pass from Durst (kick failed), 11:30
P—Garrett Barnett 47 fumble return (Barnett kick), 11:12
P—Jayde Edwards 4 run (Barnett kick), 7:56
P—Mason Reynolds 11 pass from Durst (Barnett kick), 2:21
S—Johnson 2 run (Mathis kick), 1:00
P—Dusty Hughey 8 pass from Durst (Barnett kick), 0:00

Third Quarter

P—Ray 75 pass from Durst (Barnett kick), 11:11
P—Ray 37 pass from Durst (Barnett kick), 3:50

Fourth Quarter

P—Safety, 6:40

Panhandle Stamford

First Downs 24 15
Rushing Yards 200 92
Passing Yards 333 166
Total Yards 533 258
C-A-I 17-24-0 11-36-4
Punts-Avg. 5-33.4 2-41.0
Fumbles-Lost 2-1 3-2
Penalties-yards 7-65 2-14

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS (leaders)

RUSHING

Panhandle — Braden Durst 21-182; Jayden Shaver 6-8; Houston Heck 9-10; Ethan Shadid 2-2. Stamford — Peyton Bevel 9-41; Steven Johnson 13-49; Caden Mathis 1-(-)3.

PASSING Panhandle — Braden Durst 17-24-0—333; Stamford — Peyton Bevel 11-35-3—166; Tre Mitchell 0-1-1—0.

RECEIVING Panhandle — Luke Ray 6-210; Jayden Shaver 3-29; Mason Reynolds 4-29; Dusty Hughey 2-49. Stamford — Lonnie Applin 5-123; Steven Johnson 4-23; Rudy Guiterrez 1-17; Kaleb Flick 1-3.

Panhandle 63, Stamford 29

Records: Panhandle improves to 9-4. Stamford ends its season at 10-3.

Noteworthy: Panhandle scored 34 points in the second quarter. Stamford had allowed 28 points in its two playoff wins.

Next Up: Panhandle plays district rival Stratford in a Class 2A, Division I state quarterfinal game at a time and place to be determined.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm

ElkHomer wrote:I haven't seen Post this year. On paper, looks like 2 good rushing teams. Sounds like we'll have a tall order stopping Mr. Jackson. I guess we'll find out.

I have a very good feeling about the Elks this year.

Panhandle's offense runs through their QB, and he's really been playing well. I am sure Stamford is tough, too.

Should be 2 good games, as you would expect in Game 3.

I would like to thank HawleyRocks for his postings & links, I really appreciate it. I've been meaning to mention on here my respect for Hawley. Well-coached team, good sportsmanship, clean game. It was tough watching Mr. Stokes after the 1st quarter. He's a gamer, and sounds like a good kid. I'm sure he'll be successful in whatever he decides to do. Plenty of positive comments in the stands regarding Mr. Stokes and the entire Hawley squad.

Hey ElkHomer, I saw this post and was meaning to say thank you for your very courteous statements about Hawley, I wish we could have given you guys a better game, but I knew that with Quay Stokes hurt and the fact that we were missing linemen to protect him, couple that with losing one of our running backs the game before, I knew things were not going to go well... For instance, we had a new center in that game and if you recall, he rolled out the snaps all game long, I bet there were 20 plus rolled out or very low snaps in that game, so Quay had to start all those plays with his head down trying to field or find the ball...

I still say that this is not why we lost, as the Stratford Elks are a very good football team and certainly have the team that could win it all... I guess we shall see... I wish you all, all the best...

As for thanking me, you are very welcome... I enjoy researching and looking for stories from our area.... District 4 is a weird district in the fact that we have two teams that are not considered to be "Big Country" teams, so our TV and Newspaper does not cover Post or Forsan unless they are playing within the area and even then not always... So I research Lubbock for Post stories and Big Springs for Forsan stories... I also try to adopt schools from our area as no one seems to post anything from those areas, I like to at least represent those kids...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:06 am

Regional Semifinals

Stamford - 29 vs Panhandle - 63
Post - 12 vs Stratford - 48

Well, it was a tough playoff weekend this past weekend for District 4, but having two teams in the third round is still very good. I wanted to wait and let the dust settle a little, but I would love to have BlueDawg's thoughts about the year Stamford has had and BoldGold's thoughts about Post... I am not sure we have anyone on here from Forsan or Anson for that matter... And I am sure I can pull together some little something about the Hawley Bearcats... Ha Ha...
Anyone can add whatever, but let's have some wrap up statements...

District 4-2A Division I - Current Standings:

Stamford 10-3 / 4-0 / 2-1
Post 9-4 / 2-2 / 2-1
Hawley 8-4 / 3-1 / 1-1
Anson 5-6 / 1-3 / 0-1
Forsan 3-7 / 0-4 / 0-0

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 am

UIL Numbers & New Alignment For 2018-2019 & 2019-2020

Anson ISD = 3A Div 2 with 227
Forsan ISD = 2A Div 1 with 193
Hawley ISD = 2A Div 1 with 209
Post ISD = 2A Div 1 with 222
Stamford ISD = 2A Div 1 with 184

http://www.uiltexas.org/athletics/conference-cutoffs

Well, it will be interesting to see how this affects our district, with Anson joining the likes of Cisco and Canadian in 3A Div 2...

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:43 am

HawleyRocks wrote:UIL Numbers & New Alignment For 2018-2019 & 2019-2020

Anson ISD = 3A Div 2 with 227
Forsan ISD = 2A Div 1 with 193
Hawley ISD = 2A Div 1 with 209
Post ISD = 2A Div 1 with 222
Stamford ISD = 2A Div 1 with 184

http://www.uiltexas.org/athletics/conference-cutoffs

Well, it will be interesting to see how this affects our district, with Anson joining the likes of Cisco and Canadian in 3A Div 2...

I agree with WindthorstFan and believe you'll gain Seymour and Olney.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Anson school board votes 5-1 to renew Hagler's contract

Brandon McAuliffe
Dec. 13, 2017

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 943283001/

ANSON - For the past four years, Chris Hagler has served as the athletic director and head football coach at Anson High School.

On Monday night, his official capacity was up for debate during a sometimes heated school board meeting before the board decided to renew his contract after a 5-1 vote. The vote came after the board met for 3½ hours in executive session over Hagler’s contract and a few other school district matters.

Keith Graham cast the lone dissenting vote against Hagler.

“I was approved for another year so we will build on that and all the positives that we have got going here at Anson,” Hagler said. “As long as you keep an open mind about it, then it makes nights like (Monday) a little bit easier because it’s part of the business.”

Hagler knew there would by varying opinions from the school board — something he learned to expect when he got into coaching 19 years ago.

“I knew it was part of the job that there would people that don’t agree with what you do and people that do agree,” he said. “You’re going to have support and others that don’t support you. In the end, though, you just have to take the good with the bad and do what you believe in.”

Hagler’s contract was a point of contention for Graham due to an unstated issue between the two. While Graham was unavailable for comment after the board meeting, Hagler did offer his thoughts on the situation.

“Sometimes it’s hard to sway people’s minds, thought process or what they think about you and your program,” Hagler said. “What you can do is build it, embrace the fact that (Graham) opposes some things and you have to just do right for the kids. You can never go wrong when you do right for the kids, and as long as I’m here at Anson, that’s what I’ll do.”

Hagler did say in the future he hopes for a 6-0 vote for renewal, but he expects dissenters in his profession, even though he doesn’t like it.

“When you do things right, you’re always going to have some opposition,” he said. “Let the naysayers come my way and I will just keep doing what I think is right.”

Speaking during the open forum at the start of the board meeting, Anson radio broadcaster Richard Kemp had to fight back tears while discussing what Hagler has meant to the Tiger community.

“You have a great leader in your community, you don’t want to lose him,” Kemp said to the school board. “I’ve made great friends here and I don’t want to lose any of you.

“I want to go do a game at Jerry World. We want leadership to take us to the next level, and we have that.”

Other parents spoke in support of Hagler for the growth they’ve seen in their kids. Having the same coaches for four consecutive years, they said, has allowed the student-athletes to form relationships with the coaching staff that they don’t typically get to have at smaller schools.

Numerous supporters spoke about how invested Hagler has become in the Anson community during his four years leading the Tigers.
“I’m invested in Anson, love being here and my family does as well,” he said. “Hopefully they hang onto the good and keep me along.”

In addition to the support, several people spoke out against Hagler. Among those was Cody Cooley, who called the athletic director position “a monarchy.”

Cooley said during the open forum that Hagler was poaching coaches from the girls programs to fill open positions on the boys side of athletics and as a result the girls programs were suffering.

“Personally, I would like to see a girls athletic director and a boys athletic director,” he said. “It is well known in the state of Texas, or at least in our parts, that if stuff does not go well on the football field, it affects every other program.”

Cooley said everyone wants consistency across the board, but it’s hard for the girls athletics to achieve that when their coaches job security is dependent upon what happens in boys athletics.

In regards to his monarchy statement, Cooley did clarify that he was not trying to call Hagler a dictator.

“That term was not meant for him individually,” Cooley said. “That term was meant for the structure he’s put under.”
Last edited by HawleyRocks on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluedawg

Postby bluedawg » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:06 am

Being a coach is a awful hard job, you are not gonna keep everybody happy. Piss off a couple of Dad's or Mom's and there will will friction from top to bottom of the whole athletic program. Sad but true, my Dad who coached for 27 years, saw it happen to him. But he was one of the lucky ones and only coached at 2 different schools. Most of the times its the winning and losing that causes the riffs and and most of the times it goes back to the amount of talent in all sports and not the coaches. Just from seeing the Anson board's vote, seems like just one parent didn't like the coach.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:57 am

Anson played one of the toughest schedules. 9 of the 10 teams they played made the playoffs. After they kicked the piss out of us, (I wasn't there - that's my excuse!!!), I didn't expect them to get whipped like they did to close out the season. There obviously was something going on. Looks like whatever it was started either after the Stamford lose or Forsan win

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:59 am

Obviously there is more to every story... And there is more to this one as well... You see Cody Cooley and his family are "long" time residents from Hawley and trouble has followed them for years... I'm not going to air dirty laundry as somethings are better just left alone, but Cody's parents pulled him out of school in Hawley and transferred him into Anson or Haskell, sorry I forget, he is now a resident of Anson... Cody's brothers both graduated from Hawley...

Return to “2A Texas Football”