SCRIMMAGE REPORTS

Goodknight
Users

Re: SCRIMMAGE REPORTS

Post by Goodknight »

Greetings WF! I saw you on the field last night with your clipboard. It was a pleasant evening in Lindsay last night with the Knights taking on the Trojans in a controlled scrimmage for varsity and JV and a live half for the varsity. Much like Muenster, Windthorst will always get in the pre-season top 10 in most polls simply because of their winning traditions. Good practice session for JV and varsity, but a bit early to make any playoff predictions. Windthorst had about 50 kids on the field, but I didn't see the big kids they usually have up front. A young team maybe? Lindsay moves down from Div 1 with a new coach, possibly in a tougher District this year, than last. Trojans are will coached and will likely get a playoff spot. Lindsay will be tested next week against Paradise and other 3A teams further down the line before district play. #2 Muenster seems to be the favorite in the district. We're all hoping the Kraut Bowl will be competitive for a change! Good luck to the Trojans and Knights.
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

Hawley Scrimmage VS Graham

Hawley JV scrimmaged one of Graham JV's. We got there late, so I do not know if we were playing Graham's JV 1 or JV 2. I did see that Graham scored twice on us, so I figured that they won.

Hawley Varsity VS Graham's Varsity was a tough out as they had by my best count 42 kids, and we hand 24. They had two separate teams for offense and defense, and we pretty much played iron man, with most of our kids going both ways.

In the controlled portion of the scrimmage, we alternated with our first-string and then our second-string. We did this four times between the two schools. We scored twice against their first-string, and they scored twice against our second-string. Our first-string defense was playing very well. We stopped their first-string offense five times, and they stopped our first-string offense two times and our second-string offense two times as well. We had three penalties and they had three penalties, so we definitely have something to clean up here. Our first string also had a fumble, which is not good. We also sacked their QB three times, and they sacked ours twice. These were blown dead as the QB's were off limits for both teams.

In the live portion of the scrimmage, which was 15 minutes. Neither team scored, but we threw an interception and had a fumble, this was not good and something for us to definitely work on. They threw one interception. We also had two penalties during this time period, and they did not have any. We stopped them five times and they stopped us four times, which was frustrating as we had the two turnovers and basically stopped ourselves. To me, the fact they had two separate teams for offense and defense started to take its toll on us given the heat. We did have an impressive goal line stand and held them out for four straight downs.

So, no team really won, but I thought we held our own pretty well. We definitely have somethings to work on and get cleaned up and coached up on. Especially the turnovers, these have got to go that's for sure. So, in my opinion the defense is certainly ahead of the offense at this point.
Go Bearcats.
Hawley Bearcats
2A D1 State Champions 2022-2023
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
ProfessorJones
Users

Post by ProfessorJones »

Refugio scrimmaged 3A Odem last night, and they looked much better than they did against Goliad in the first scrimmage. Offensively, the Bobcats ran and threw the ball well. Defensively, the Bobcat speed is awesome. They ran to the ball well, and had multiple tacklers making most tackles. The final score was 5 or 6 TDs to zero. I think Refugio will have their hands full in Hitchcock in the season opener next Friday night. This will be the first time these two teams have ever played each other.
It’s a pretty good day when you’re on your way and you like where you’re going, and you’ve got what you want and you want what you’ve got and you’re wise enough to know it.
Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

ProfessorJones wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:17 pm Refugio scrimmaged 3A Odem last night, and they looked much better than they did against Goliad in the first scrimmage. Offensively, the Bobcats ran and threw the ball well. Defensively, the Bobcat speed is awesome. They ran to the ball well, and had multiple tacklers making most tackles. The final score was 5 or 6 TDs to zero. I think Refugio will have their hands full in Hitchcock in the season opener next Friday night. This will be the first time these two teams have ever played each other.
Hitchcock always has speed! They just never seem to have much discipline. Shiner has played them off and on over recent years in predistrict. This is what I’ve mostly taken from their program. Could be different now though.
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022
HornetFan
Users

Post by HornetFan »

Boles Varsity outscored Cumby 20-0 in live half. In the scrimmage portion Boles scored 4 tds in 2 sets of 12 offensive plays. Cumby never scored in their 24 plays and Boles had 3 INT Tds. Overall the Varsity for Boles scored 10 Tds. I didn't watch the JV scrimmage.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

HICO/RIO VISTA

Controlled part :
Rio Vista 1 ( on a long TD pass )
Hico 0

Live qtr.
Rio Vista 6-
Hico 0

Didn't see an injuries on both sides. So both teams win.

JV
Hico 2 ( 1 off & 1 def TD )
Rio Vista 0
MightyMaroon
Users

Post by MightyMaroon »

HornetFan wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:30 pm Boles Varsity outscored Cumby 20-0 in live half. In the scrimmage portion Boles scored 4 tds in 2 sets of 12 offensive plays. Cumby never scored in their 24 plays and Boles had 3 INT Tds. Overall the Varsity for Boles scored 10 Tds. I didn't watch the JV scrimmage.
Just my opinion & not trying to suggest Boles won’t be pretty good, but scrimmaging Cumby is not gonna get them prepared to try & take down Cooper.
HornetFan
Users

Post by HornetFan »

MightyMaroon wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:20 pm
HornetFan wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:30 pm Boles Varsity outscored Cumby 20-0 in live half. In the scrimmage portion Boles scored 4 tds in 2 sets of 12 offensive plays. Cumby never scored in their 24 plays and Boles had 3 INT Tds. Overall the Varsity for Boles scored 10 Tds. I didn't watch the JV scrimmage.
Just my opinion & not trying to suggest Boles won’t be pretty good, but scrimmaging Cumby is not gonna get them prepared to try & take down Cooper.
I agree. Scheduling Overton and Clarksville in the first two weeks is not going to help either.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Our JV looks good. 👈
OskeeWowWow
Users

Post by OskeeWowWow »

Eagle 1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:27 pm Our JV looks good. 👈
Is the kid who was a man child for your 8th grade last year playing JV or V?