So, High School Football 2020?

ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Re: So, High School Football 2020?

Post by ganadofan1 »

PurplePunch wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:53 pm Keep the test kits coming! I have a feeling that’s going to be a factor in getting to the new normal.

I have a neighbor who has taken his 2 grandkids near the suburbs of Houston and they are at a ranch in Mason. I believe he told me the ranch is 1k acres if i am not mistaken. He must like Mason as they have been there for over a month and don't plan on coming home for a while longer. His daughter is my neighbor and a doctor. She was supposed to go make 10k a week in Chicago but I belive that fell through.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

I hope we have football, and all jobs open back up soon. My new job pays less, and I hate it as a prison guard.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

H.TIGFAN wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:37 pm I hope we have football, and all jobs open back up soon. My new job pays less, and I hate it as a prison guard.
I know jails are a dangerous place to work right now during this virus.
tbpanther
Users

Post by tbpanther »

Different perspectives are interesting.
I have a cousin who is a trauma care doctor in San Angelo, and she paints a doom and gloom outlook on COVID based on what she is experiencing in the ER and what she is hearing from her peers. While my sister-in-law, a RN who works remotely as a consultant for an international provider paints a picture of unnecessary fear and panic, stating that the situation in nowhere near as bad as the media and my cousin make it out to be.
Two medical professionals.
Both actively involved.
Completely opposing viewpoints.
Makes it hard to figure out who to listen to.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

My sister in law is a doctor in the medical center of Houston and she isn't concerned at all. Family is going to the beach and parks, etc. My sister is a doctor in the military and she is in the middle, concerned and cautious but doom and gloom. She is in WA DC.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

All I know is working at an SSLC the majority of the local staffs are wary, but not in a panic, but the State Offices are leaning toward the panic line. Which is good because we need to protect our residents. But for IT we are doing the majority of our work from home and if we do go on we have to get permission from my Director's Director in Austin. We also wipe everything down, take temps, wear mask and gloves and if we have to work on a computer anywhere other than our office we have to use our own mouse/keyboard, not the user's. Lately it has been crazy and by the end of the day I have a headache and am exhausted. My wife thinks it might be from Corona, but it is just from trying to keep everything going.

I hope all of you stay safe and healthy!
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

I was able to get the antibody test and regular swab in the mouth test along with my family and all negative but I was sure we all had it based on symptoms. Bad allergies I guess.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

ganadofan1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:04 pm I was able to get the antibody test and regular swab in the mouth test along with my family and all negative but I was sure we all had it based on symptoms. Bad allergies I guess.
Thats great! I am pretty sure all of our sinus issues have been the same. I went outside yesterday and the oaks and pecans have let loose so much pollen there wasyellow drifts of it on our car. Also noticed a lot of wasps. We didn't have a freeze good enough to kill many so they will be bad this year..
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

1. Testing is just a feel good solution for the problem. For example; I got tested at my job in the prison system, but as soon as I walk into the pod with the inmates. The test is useless as I could have got infected then. There is a major outbreak in the prison with the virus among the inmates and staff. Anybody else have been tested ? First they take a large Q-Tip and shove it up your nose. Then they pull out your soul.

2. Who says we are going to find a vaccine for the Wuhan Virus ? Just look up viruses with no vaccine. There is a ton. This means only way you can fight the virus is Herd Immunity . That may take two to three years.. Our govt. can't close everything down for that long.

There is no good answer to the current problem. A lot of people have died, and will die from this virus. 2020 will be marked as a dark year in not just American history, but world history.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

ganadofan1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:04 pm I was able to get the antibody test and regular swab in the mouth test along with my family and all negative but I was sure we all had it based on symptoms. Bad allergies I guess.
I had to get tested because of an allergy attack at work. They went up the nose. Most uncomfortable. So far I am negative of an active virus and antibodies.