Upset Alert!

Eagle 1
Site Admin

Upset Alert!

Post by Eagle 1 »

Falls City 24
Mart 20

Congratulations to FC for advancing to the State Finals, scoring with just thirty-nine seconds.
And congratulations to Mart for another fine season.
dripdrop
Users

Re: Upset Alert!

Post by dripdrop »

great game listening congrats to Falls City,should be a knock down drag out with Stratford
dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

Awesome! Congrats Beavers!
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Wow!!
Congrats Beavers!!
TroRAntelope
Ambassador Region 1

Post by TroRAntelope »

Maybe this is a super dumb question, but that's what I do, so here goes: Does Mart have Russian Hockey Team in 1980 Syndrome? In Miracle, when the Soviets are trailing Team USA, Herb Brooks looks at his assistant as they wonder why Russia hasn't pulled their goalie, "They don't know what to do!!!"

Is Mart lost in close games after getting used to steam rolling everyone all season long? Their closest game in 2021 was Lovelady 42-16 in Area, and closest regular season was Flatonia 31-0. Last season it was Falls City in the Semis at 48-21 and 32-7 vs Whitney in the reg season. 1) Would a tougher non-District slate help them, come playoff time? 2) Hey they won 3 in a row. The past 2 years just demonstrate how tough it is...
beaver gal
Site Mods

Post by beaver gal »

I have got to say that was a darn exciting game to watch. Last night we played in Elgin. My grandson, who really does not understand football who lives in Elgin came to the game. At the end of the 3rd quarter, he said something like the Beavers are going to lose. We were behind 20-10. I told him not to say that or he would make his Mommo mad and that we were going to win. In hindsight, our Beavers never gave up. These guys have been through a lot this year. One of our seniors lost his dad to Covid in September. Many would fall apart. He's risen to a different level and his teammates have embraced that level. We have one more to win next week. Go Beavers!!!
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

TroRAntelope wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:25 am Maybe this is a super dumb question, but that's what I do, so here goes: Does Mart have Russian Hockey Team in 1980 Syndrome? In Miracle, when the Soviets are trailing Team USA, Herb Brooks looks at his assistant as they wonder why Russia hasn't pulled their goalie, "They don't know what to do!!!"

Is Mart lost in close games after getting used to steam rolling everyone all season long? Their closest game in 2021 was Lovelady 42-16 in Area, and closest regular season was Flatonia 31-0. Last season it was Falls City in the Semis at 48-21 and 32-7 vs Whitney in the reg season. 1) Would a tougher non-District slate help them, come playoff time? 2) Hey they won 3 in a row. The past 2 years just demonstrate how tough it is...
Last two games Mart has lost in the playoffs they were literally one play away in each game from winning those games.

Both games had key penalties when Mart was attempting to salt the game away and go up two scores late in 4th, but couldn’t overcome the penalties.

One defensive play on 4th down but couldn’t get it done.

I think a lot of teams in their area duck them, so they have to take what they can get in regards to the schedule.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

I think Marts coach said it best;

“If you play this game long enough, this is eventually going to happen,” Mart coach Kevin Hoffman said. “Nobody ever wins them all. We’ve been on a great run. (I told the team), ‘Don’t let this one loss ruin all the great memories that we’ve all done.'”
tbpanther
Users

Post by tbpanther »

Great game between two good teams.
I think if this game was played 10 times, they would split 5 and 5.
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Biggest difference is that Falls City has been flying under the radar all year and Mart has been center staged. I really like the " flying under the radar"
teams.