Site Mods

2nd scrimmage report

Post by H.TIGFAN »

Post them here
Piper
Donating Member 21-22

Re: 2nd scrimmage report

Post by Piper »

Coleman at Hamlin. I heard they looked good against Albany. We have gone to Coleman last 3 or 4 years for our second scrimmage and haven’t been too nice to them. I may expect an exacting of that kindness now that tables have turned. We shall see!
Piper
Donating Member 21-22

Post by Piper »

First few series saw both teams drive to the goal line and come up short from defenses making stands. Coleman did score a couple times on some great runs by they’re QB. Live Qtr 14-0 Coleman. Honest assessment, we got better. Played a physical and athletic team very well the for the equivalent of a half. And then we gassed, depth, and youth showed and we have work to do. Defense is ahead of offense but that’s expected.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Goldthwaite scrimmaged at Thrall, but I haven’t heard anything yet.

Updated.
I heard the Eagles out scored Thrall 4-0 in the scrimmage.
cowboyz
Users

Post by cowboyz »

Collinsville looked much better this week against Paradise. Very young team with only 1 SR playing plus likely headed down to Div 2. The future is bright on the Pirate ship!
ProfessorJones
Users

Post by ProfessorJones »

I didn’t go to the Refugio/Odem scrimmage, but I watched it on Rio Sports Live. I could barely watch it because the video kept stopping and starting. Refugio scored on the first play on a long pass. That was the only score for Refugio’s ones. Odem ones scored on a pass play. Antwan Gross intercepted a pass and was clear to the end zone, for a TD for Refugio’s defense. Refugio’s twos scored 2 TDs. Odem’s twos did not score. Refugio intercepted another pass, would have been a pick six. In the live quarter, Refugio won, 14 - 0. I don’t think Refugio looked as sharp as they did in the first scrimmage. Refugio ones lost one fumble. Defense looked good, despite giving up a TD pass against a back up defensive back. I think the Bobcats are ready for the season. They have Bruni, in Bruni, which should be a blow out. Starters will probably only play the first half. That game will be Refugio’s 19th consecutive road game.
It’s a pretty good day when you’re on your way and you like where you’re going, and you’ve got what you want and you want what you’ve got and you’re wise enough to know it.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Lindsay couldn't get out of their way last night...During the controlled scrimmage they had a 70 yard TD run called back for a personal foul/block below the knees that was behind the play on their 4th play after going 3 and out on their first three plays. The RB was way beyond where the incident took place. Then picked up a first down to about midfield but we forced a fumble and recovered.

We moved the ball from our 30 to their 33 but gave up a sack and had a block in the back penalty to put us in 2nd and forever. Gained a chunk back but faced 3rd and 20 on what should have been our final play of the session, but Lindsay was called for hands to the face which gave us a first down. It wasn't written in the "scrimmage" rules as they stated penalties were marked off and the play counted, Lindsay's coaches gifted us another play. We ran a read option for about 3 yards to their 25 and our session ended.

We outscored them 1-0 in the 2s session.

We then played a live half with a running clock. Lindsay ate the clock up driving from their 30 to our 5 yard line. They gained 1 on first down, then were stopped for no gain on 2nd down, but we were called for a facemask. This set-up 1st and goal from the 2. They false started on back to back plays for 1st and goal from 12. We then got called for a 2 yard pass interference penalty, giving them 1st and goal from the 10. We tackled the ball carrier for a 5 yard loss. They run for a gain of 3 ending the 1st quarter. Incomplete pass on 3rd down and on 4th down a pass to the RB out in the flat only nets two yards. We then go three and out. But on third down they force a fumble but the side judge ruled it went out of bounds before Lindsay recovers at the 15. They take possession at our 45 yard line, gain 6 yards on 1st down. But an incomplete pass, followed by a screen pass to the slot WR for a loss of 1 brings up 4th and 5. They attempt to run for it but only gain 2 yards so we take over. Three incomplete passes and they take over at their 40. They pick up two first downs to our 25 with about 3 minutes left in the half. Again running clock so following an incomplete pass, they then have a delay of game penalty with 1:30 left setting up a 2nd and 15. They had previously burned their allotted 1 time out in the 1st quarter after their tomfoolery on the goal line. They throw a pass for a gain of 4 and another for a gain of 2 setting up 4th and 9 with 35 seconds left in the scrimmage. They snap the ball with about 1 second left but the pass is thrown out of bounds and the scrimmage ends.
Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

I didn’t see the scrimmage. But was told Shiner looked much improved from last week. It was against Luling so take from it what you will lol. We’ll see what happens against Hallettsville next week.
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022
Jrhookem21
Users

Post by Jrhookem21 »

Albany/ Hawley scrimmage, Albany did not look good on either side of the ball, they have alot of work to do, if they can’t block or pass the ball, it’s going to be a long season for the Lions if they don’t fix problem soon.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

Controlled scrimmage: Granger 1-0 Hico

Live half : Granger 13-0
Granger totally dominated on the 1rst string. Granger will be a great team as usual. Granger isn't to big or fast, but gets they get the job done.