2021 Shiner Comanches

Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

2021 Shiner Comanches

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

The Comanches are coming back stronger then most teams after a senior heavy state championship run. They return both Brooks Brothers (Doug and Dalton). Who were the Defensive and Offensive MVPs for 2AD1 State Championship game respectively. They return some others as well. One to note is AJ Patek, who is the only returning starter on the offensive line! But from reports I’ve been told and depth charts I’ve seen. Shiner will have as much size or more then last season! They bring a big and fast offensive line back. We suffered a big blow during baseball season when Ace Pitcher Ryan Peterson went down with a slight ligament tear in his elbow. Unfortunately he was the returning starting free safety and the heir apparent to take over the QB duties this season. He has a heck of an arm and we were in line to see Shiner air it out more. But that just wasn’t in the cards. He will miss this season while his arm heals. And is looking to be back for baseball in the spring. The QB taking his place (Drew Wenske) is more then capable of leading this offense. And has played the position in the past. I’m thinking we’ll bring a similar offensive approach that Shiner brought last season. Defensively Shiner looks solid, I’m hearing reports that it may be better then last season. Returning DE Tyler Bishop and NT Doug Brooks will no doubt be a huge part of that. And don’t forget Dalton Brooks in the secondary. Eli Fric will return at linebacker to help lead that group. There will be some new pieces all over. But no doubt, some talented pieces. GO COMANCHES!
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022