Users

Re: ***Updated Below*** Tomorrow is Hudson's big Surgery

Post by retchbh »

Praise be to the Lord.
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:
dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

Therapy is going well. These people are good at their jobs!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

Bad News from his Mother today

Brandi Easter
18m ·
Just received some of the worst news. Hudson’s tricuspid valve is leaking really bad. They are talking about going back in for another open heart surgery. I feel like I have been hit by a train. My body wants to fall to the floor. I can’t believe this.

My son is headed up there now. I will post more when I know more. Please pray for my Hudson.
dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

Scratch all that. My son Matthew just got this straight from the head nurse:

Update on Hudson, today the nurses said he had done really well with physical therapy, etc.

His Bicuspid valve is prolapsing and regurgitating, so they have went up on enalapril, which will decrease after load on his heart. They went Down on diuretics, back on aspirin to help pressures in his heart.

He was able to couch up some more casts, so they sent casts to pathology after collecting them, as of right now he doesn’t have plastic bronchitis, but it’s not completely ruled out.

If they have to further diagnose him, they will do a heart cath, and possibly bronc to look at lungs.

If enalapril doesn’t work or help, they will most likely go back to milrinone.

If they are unable to get his tricuspid valve working properly they are going to discuss a full heart transplant. This can be terrifying and most definitely is, however it’s better for him to have one now at a young age instead of when he’s older due to the amount of smaller hearts available vs larger
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Wow!
180 degree turn.
Still in my thoughts and prayers
dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

Well to top it all off Matthew got rear ended on 35 in Denton this morning on the way to the hospital to relieve Hudson's mom. The policeman said he was writing it up as Matthew lost control on the wet roads. SMH. The truck doesn't look bad in the photos but is most likely totalled. Funny the airbags did not go off even though the frame is twisted and the motor is too. Her hit the wall twice front and back left. Left rear tire is blown and wheel ruined.

Not sure how this will work out but I know God is in control. Thank God he was not hurt other than a sore head from hitting the glass on the door. God says he will not put more on you than you can stand so evidently he has a lot of faith in Matthew. :cry:

dogfan1
Site Admin

Post by dogfan1 »

dogfan1 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:09 pm Scratch all that. My son Matthew just got this straight from the head nurse:

Update on Hudson, today the nurses said he had done really well with physical therapy, etc.

His Bicuspid valve is prolapsing and regurgitating, so they have went up on enalapril, which will decrease after load on his heart. They went Down on diuretics, back on aspirin to help pressures in his heart.

He was able to couch up some more casts, so they sent casts to pathology after collecting them, as of right now he doesn’t have plastic bronchitis, but it’s not completely ruled out.

If they have to further diagnose him, they will do a heart cath, and possibly bronc to look at lungs.

If enalapril doesn’t work or help, they will most likely go back to milrinone.

If they are unable to get his tricuspid valve working properly they are going to discuss a full heart transplant. This can be terrifying and most definitely is, however it’s better for him to have one now at a young age instead of when he’s older due to the amount of smaller hearts available vs larger
Prayers are working! Thank you Lord!!!

Matthew Barnett
24m ·
Regarding this post, the entire process i was told is in fact the process in an absolute worst case scenario with his leaking tricuspid valve due to it regurgitating.
Right now, a transplant is not being discussed, however, with the history of HLHS babies with this issue, typically get a repair and a lot more times than not, the repair doesn’t work and they then discuss transplant because there are NO options after that to save his heart.
Today, Hudson is doing great! His mom said slept through the night and he is very playful right now, smiling and happy! Maybe today he will want to eat! I’m not gonna force him to do anything, only try to make his stay here seem as normal as possible for him.
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Still praying............................