So, High School Football 2020?

ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Re: So, High School Football 2020?

Post by ganadofan1 »

Ganado coach told me that the guidelines for practicing this summer will be out this week. I would think tomorrow maybe.
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

Windthorstfan wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:52 am Interesting some of CDC's guidelines for opening schools

No field trips - can't have sports with no field trips!!!

One child per seat on a bus, skip rows...
Unless we’re planning to drop another $3 trillion on schools, the CDC guidelines are a wishlist that will be fulfilled right after mine is.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

PurplePunch wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:16 pm Unless we’re planning to drop another $3 trillion on schools, the CDC guidelines are a wishlist that will be fulfilled right after mine is.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

ganadofan1 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:21 pm Ganado coach told me that the guidelines for practicing this summer will be out this week. I would think tomorrow maybe.
Tepper and Stepp alluded to like 2 hours a day of S&C and 1 hour of sport-specific activity per day Monday-Thursday. Last year UIL only allowed 2 hours of sport-specific activity per week, so they are doubling that. Wonder if they will relax the equipment restrictions too.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

I had these made and passed them around to some businesses. It doesn't say 2020 because I can't guarantee we will play football next year and thought it would be a good idea to use next year. It shows each team in the order of our schedule and the last year we beat them and the score. Hallettsville I had changed to 2011 because that is the year we beat them.

The only fault with this is Weimar was misspelled Wiemar but I had already had 50 smaller ones printed for the kids to hang up in their house before I caught the misprint. I sent it in spelled correctly I just didn't catch it like I did Hallettsville 2015.

I have a big 6 foot by 10 foot banner that will be hung up soon somewhere around town. Please Weimar fans, don't be upset they misspelled your town.

ganado.png
ganado.png (82.93 KiB) Viewed 4138 times
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

It actually looks clear and I took a picture of it at a business today but it says the file is too large to share. It is 2 foot tall by 3 foot wide. The actual sign is much clearer and you can read it easily.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

Man I hope all of these outbreaks doesn't kill the upcoming season....
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

Razorback wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:18 pm Man I hope all of these outbreaks doesn't kill the upcoming season....
It's not looking good. At least Ganado got a nice article in the VictoriaAdvocate. So did Shiner for that matter but doubt we play. Unless there is a miracle in the next 4 weeks it's not going to happen.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

Every day I hear of more schools closing practices due to people getting Covid. Not good at all....
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

On July 1st UIL released the following message:
In anticipation of the July 4 holiday and the potential for increased social interactions that could spread Covid-19, UIL is RECOMMENDING schools consider closing summer workouts, rehearsals, practices and instruction between July 3-July 12, resuming July 13.

For schools in areas experiencing community spread of Covid-19,this temporary suspension will reduce risk of exposure and provide an opportunity to review current plans and re-evaluate local context in order to make informed decisions moving forward.

UIL will continue to work with state officials and monitor CDC and other federal guidance to determine any potential modifications.