Battle of the River

Eagle 1
Site Admin

Re: Battle of the River

Post by Eagle 1 »

SS better get that elusive trophy this year, because I don’t see it in the near future.

EDITED
Searzy
Users

Post by Searzy »

LOL, you are speaking out of ignorance.

EDITED
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

EDITED
Searzy
Users

Post by Searzy »

I never said he needed more one on one to pass. He passed with all A's and B's. The problem was "he got entirely to much help". I'm sure you can read between the lines. I give Stone extreme respect for seeing that he needed real help, so that he could truly learn. He started for Lake Travis, loved his teammates etc etc, but wanted to get a hold of his academics. He could have stayed there and graduated with 3.5, but would have gone off to college, underwater...Something he saw well before anyone else, and it was his decision to change it. I respect a kid that didn't want handouts, in academics...

Yes, obviously it hurt his recruiting coming to a 2A school. It would have hurt going to a 4A school compared to perennial power house 6A school like Lake Travis.
However, Stone has plenty of interest. I'm sure he will be able to go to a college where he wants play football.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Ok. Our old message board is gone, so maybe there was a misunderstanding. But your not the only one I heard that from.
Good luck to your son at the next level.

Just remember one thing. This message board was created for football fans to talk about Texas 2A football. Which means people are going to post their opinion about the way they see the games. If you don’t agree that’s fine. Perhaps you should just stay on your own message board so you can impose your opinion on others.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

I looked up the kid and some highlights. Looks like a legit player.
Searzy
Users

Post by Searzy »

LOL, come on Eagle 1. You should take your own advice. You gave your opinion, and I gave my opinion. It sounds like you want me to conform to your opinion. I think your opinion on this particular topic at this particular time in regards to couple things. "Your comment on how San Saba views a successful season, and how the game was played this year", are no where close to being correct. Not even in the ball park. So yes, I understand exactly what a message board is for. It's for the exact reason we are having this conversation.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

First of all you came on here to boast and blast me.
I can take it, but nothing I said was not the truth. With our style offense you won’t win many games having false starts. So when I said “ we stopped ourselves as much as SS did” that’s the truth. The delay of game penalty that SS got on DEFENSE was for barking out our snap count. We even called a timeout so our coaches could talk to our kids about false starts we were doing. At the time I don’t think he was aware what was going on. Then we go right back out and do it again. Our kids are not that undisciplined to keep doing the same penalty over and over.

I even said BEFORE the game “If we keep the score close I’ll consider it a moral victory.” No doubt that SS is the better team this year. But as I recall y’all were already ordering your rings last year before the playoffs and we see how that worked out. 😆
Searzy
Users

Post by Searzy »

Again you spew non sense.. "ordering our rings before the playoffs?? What? That's just ignorant on face value. Common now. I feel like Im watching a clip from cnn or msnbc... LOL But hey if pulling stuff like that out of your backside is what floats your boat, then you keep being you. And as far as me coming on to "boast and blast you", all anyone would have to do, that at least has two brain cells clicking is go back and see when I chimed in. They would just need to read your ridiculous comment about how San Saba views a successful season etc etc. Very easy to see why I replied to your "stuff".... I guess you can dish it but can't take it...
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Then explain why you even came on here.
We will wait Biden. 😆

BTW, these are what they look like.