So, High School Football 2020?

ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Re: So, High School Football 2020?

Post by ganadofan1 »

H.TIGFAN wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:08 pm
ganadofan1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:04 pm I was able to get the antibody test and regular swab in the mouth test along with my family and all negative but I was sure we all had it based on symptoms. Bad allergies I guess.
I had to get tested because of an allergy attack at work. They went up the nose. Most uncomfortable. So far I am negative of an active virus and antibodies.
I was going to get it done up my nose but chickened out when the lady said it was worse than the flu test which I didn't care for.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

H.TIGFAN wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:04 pm 1. Testing is just a feel good solution for the problem. For example; I got tested at my job in the prison system, but as soon as I walk into the pod with the inmates. The test is useless as I could have got infected then. There is a major outbreak in the prison with the virus among the inmates and staff. Anybody else have been tested ? First they take a large Q-Tip and shove it up your nose. Then they pull out your soul.

2. Who says we are going to find a vaccine for the Wuhan Virus ? Just look up viruses with no vaccine. There is a ton. This means only way you can fight the virus is Herd Immunity . That may take two to three years.. Our govt. can't close everything down for that long.

There is no good answer to the current problem. A lot of people have died, and will die from this virus. 2020 will be marked as a dark year in not just American history, but world history.

China needs to be punished financially for this. They are going to be responsible for many trillions of dollars lost and millions of lives lost.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

H.TIGFAN wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:04 pm 1. Testing is just a feel good solution for the problem. For example; I got tested at my job in the prison system, but as soon as I walk into the pod with the inmates. The test is useless as I could have got infected then. There is a major outbreak in the prison with the virus among the inmates and staff. Anybody else have been tested ? First they take a large Q-Tip and shove it up your nose. Then they pull out your soul.

2. Who says we are going to find a vaccine for the Wuhan Virus ? Just look up viruses with no vaccine. There is a ton. This means only way you can fight the virus is Herd Immunity . That may take two to three years.. Our govt. can't close everything down for that long.

There is no good answer to the current problem. A lot of people have died, and will die from this virus. 2020 will be marked as a dark year in not just American history, but world history.
First they take a large Q-Tip and shove it up your nose. Then they pull out your soul.

One of the best and worst way to explain it. Holy Moley it sounds evil...
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

From what I’ve read, COVID 19 is a new form of SARS. Oxford University successfully created a vaccine for MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome), which is An offshoot of SARS (South Asia Respiratory Syndrome). They have re-engineered it, and it works in lab tests. They believe it can be in production by September if the powers that be cooperate.
Drug companies and a couple of other universities have made discoveries that supposedly support their research, so I guess we will see.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

PurplePunch wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:13 pm

From what I’ve read, COVID 19 is a new form of SARS. Oxford University successfully created a vaccine for MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome), which is An offshoot of SARS (South Asia Respiratory Syndrome). They have re-engineered it, and it works in lab tests. They believe it can be in production by September if the powers that be cooperate.
Drug companies and a couple of other universities have made discoveries that supposedly support their research, so I guess we will see.
I hope so by September. Only a vaccine will ease people's tensions, and return the world back to normal.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

Hair cut salons were opened today. I went into one in Stephenville, and they told me I had to wear a mask to enter. I just replied; " I am ! am really much uglier under this mask." They just laughed and gave me a haircut.
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

Based on the Governor’s PC Monday, weight rooms opening June 8, camps and combines now being scheduled, I’m feeling much more confident than I have since March. Not too sure about the value of my UT season tickets, but I suspect I’ll get to watch the Punchers!
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

PurplePunch wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:27 am Based on the Governor’s PC Monday, weight rooms opening June 8, camps and combines now being scheduled, I’m feeling much more confident than I have since March. Not too sure about the value of my UT season tickets, but I suspect I’ll get to watch the Punchers!
Yes, I hope so. It is looking better but we will know more come late June to early July.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Interesting some of CDC's guidelines for opening schools

No field trips - can't have sports with no field trips!!!

One child per seat on a bus, skip rows...
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

Windthorstfan wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:52 am Interesting some of CDC's guidelines for opening schools

No field trips - can't have sports with no field trips!!!

One child per seat on a bus, skip rows...
That would take 10 busses to get all of the kids to the game..