2. FALLS CITY
3. BREMOND
4. CHILTON
5. GRANGER
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Re: Who do you have as Regional Top 5

Post by Windthorstfan »

Found it interesting that DCTF picked Santo to win their district over Collinsville. I’m not saying this because Archer City is our rival, but they lost a lot of talent to transfer. Not saying they won’t be good, but have a lot more questions than when last season ended.
cowboyz
Users

Post by cowboyz »

I thought that was strange too. They also had Collinsville ranked in the top 25, but not Santo. I guess we’ll see soon enough. For what it’s worth, Collinsville looks stronger and meaner up front and generally ahead of where they were last year at this time.

Windthorst and Albany definitely are in the region top 5 as well. I hope we get a shot against each of them come playoff time!
Albanyfan0678
Users

Post by Albanyfan0678 »

they did similar with Bremond. they have them winning region 4 but coming up in 3rd place behind Chilton and Granger despite being ranked higher and in the top 5. almost like two different people decided it.

as for the regions its hard to say. the only regional winner i would pencil in right now regardless of injury's or other factors would be Mart. everyone else is fighting to be the regional champion. region 1 think there are only really 3 teams Wellington, New Home and Sunray. im leaning New Home but upset losses are great motivations to be better and wellington has that so who knows. i feel every game Albany plays week 2 or 3 depending on who we play in week 2 has a legitimate chance to beat us if we dont take care of business. our region is a mine field tough opponents like Windthorst, Collinsville, Muenster, Wink and a whole host of potential cinderella teams who could have a break out year and surprise some people like New Home did in region 1 last year. Region 3 Equals Mart. region 4 might be the second most competitive region with a good amount of contenders. its hard to see them beat Mart though.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

We shouldn’t be ranked in the Top 5.
Albanyfan0678
Users

Post by Albanyfan0678 »

Windthorstfan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:29 am We shouldn’t be ranked in the Top 5.
Well i think windthorst will win their district so none of their district will push them out of the top 5 on account of that and I can't think of any district runner ups who I would consider to be better to push them out of top 5. I say Albany, Windthorst, Collinsville, Wink are for sure top 4 and then it's a battle between. I think the fifth is in district 5, 7 or 8.
cowboyz
Users

Post by cowboyz »

In district 8 I could see Celeste being a dark horse. They bring back a lot and at times played very tough last year. If they get rolling they could be tough.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

cowboyz wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:26 pm In district 8 I could see Celeste being a dark horse. They bring back a lot and at times played very tough last year. If they get rolling they could be tough.
That is a tough district with Celeste, Santo, Collinsville, Muenster, and Lindsay. I could see a #3 or #4 seed doing 2 or 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.