Football Skills Camps Return!

PurplePunch
Users

Football Skills Camps Return!

Post by PurplePunch »

The Air-it-Out Elite QB Academy today in Abilene is well attended. There are a number of good college QB and Receiver prospects, including a 4 Star Tech QB signee, as well as a bunch of good high school players getting good instruction!

The recruiting services are also present, and Steve Gideon of 247 has been getting names and setting up interviews. Hopefully, the dearth of Nike and Rivals camps will get some small school kids noticed and profiled.

It’s understandable that college coaches Focus so much on the 5/6A city schools and let the recruiting sites do a lot of work for them, but would players like Scott Appleton of Brady have even gotten noticed this way?

Anyway, it’s good to be watching football again, even in a camp setting!!!
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Re: Football Skills Camps Return!

Post by ganadofan1 »

Good deal. No matter if you are 1a or 6a, if you can play you can play. I am waiting on my Dave Campbell Magazine and whatever the other one is I buy that is relatively new.
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

ganadofan1 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:01 pm Good deal. No matter if you are 1a or 6a, if you can play you can play. I am waiting on my Dave Campbell Magazine and whatever the other one is I buy that is relatively new.
I subscribe to DCTF so I’ll get that magazine; what is the other one? There was one a few years ago I liked that didn’t publish last year but I can’t remember the name.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Wasn't the other put out by The Old Coach website? Think Matt Stepp might have been involved in that one and DCTF hired him!!
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

Yes, The Old Coach I believe.

Cover for Dave's coming out @ 12:00 noon today!
PurplePunch
Users

Post by PurplePunch »

Our Quarterback/Safety is in Florida at an “Elite Football Skills Showcase”. At the combine he measured 6’3.5”, 205#, ran 4.56 forty and 4.13 pro shuttle. Boy will be a force this year!

Two years ago as a sophomore, he was 5’9 and 155#, and he is still growing!
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

PurplePunch wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:39 am Our Quarterback/Safety is in Florida at an “Elite Football Skills Showcase”. At the combine he measured 6’3.5”, 205#, ran 4.56 forty and 4.13 pro shuttle. Boy will be a force this year!

Two years ago as a sophomore, he was 5’9 and 155#, and he is still growing!

That is amazing!!