Weather

Razorback
Boss Hawg

Re: Weather

Post by Razorback »

Well we made it ok here in Abilene. Was without water for 3 days since they lost power to the water substations. Only lost power for a few hours, but I think they couldn't turn off ours since it is a state facility with medically fragile residents. I remember a few years that it was as bad as this. We had around a foot of snow with maybe 2 more the next day. I cannot remember if it was 1995 but we had 18" in Sweetwater. I missed it because I was under the Sea around Norway. But when I was in HS there was a year we had around 6" of pure ice. 7 or so years ago we had around 4" of ice in Fisher county and it lasted close to 2 weeks and it sucked because i would go out on wreck calls nearly all day every day. It started out like this one with the frozen fog that put a layer of ice on everything.

I live at the back of the facility and there is no way I can get out until it melts some, but no one ever comes back here and there has been two vehicles make it down our road. A mule and a backhoe LOL.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Re: Weather

Post by Windthorstfan »

I saw a meme that stated in the future people will ask their realtor if the property is on a power grid with a hospital!!

As of 4PM, Wichita Falls is finally above freezing. This is the first time we've been above freezing in 10 straight days!