Albany vs. Collinsville Discussion

Razorback
Boss Hawg

Albany vs. Collinsville Discussion

Post by Razorback »

Albany vs. Collinsville, 7 p.m. Friday at Mineral Wells’ Ram Stadium

This one should be a heck of a battle, what do you think?
dripdrop
Users

Re: Albany vs. Collinsville Discussion

Post by dripdrop »

Hoping for Albany win, basically know very little about Collinsville other than their record
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

I think Albany rolls.
cowboyz
Users

Post by cowboyz »

Everyone knows who I'm gonna pick, lol. Collinsville will have to play their best game, the effort at McCamey or Cooper and have the turnovers/breaks come their way to win this but I think they can and will.

Coming from missing the playoffs last season there was no way the Pirates were supposed to beat ranked Santo for a shot at our district, then there was no way they were supposed to beat traditional power Muenster at their field in the driving rain that was supposed to benefit the Hornets to finish the district championship, there probably wasn't much chance that in a region relatively deep with solid teams they'd end up in the regional finals, but here they are. They aren't supposed to beat Albany this week, but we'll just see. That's why you play the games.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

cowboyz wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:43 am That's why you play the games.
Absolutely!! In the playoffs you can’t beat yourselves. Had we won the game CVille would have had a very strong argument that they beat themselves. Penalties about killed you, 11 for 100, 2 of which brought back TD. IMO there were some that were missed as well. Have to pay attention to detail, by the 13th week of the season you should know where you are supposed to line up, whether you should be on the line of scrimmage or off. I know you shouldn’t scoreboard comparison but it seems to lean heavily in Albany’s favor. I also think Albany’s defense is better. But as you said that’s why you play the game, never know when a team will turn the ball over 4X.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

4 plays 65 yards, Albany’s Coy Lefevre 10 yard TD run 11:05 left in 1st quarter
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Collinsville goes 3 and out. Albany takes over at their 40 with 9:53 left
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Holding penalty wipes out 40 yard TD run, but on the next Leferve catches a 51 yard TD pass, 14-0 8:27 left
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Collinsville goes to their bag of tricks. 60 yard halfback pass to a wide open receiver. 14-7 7:22
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Leferve picks up a first down on 4th and 1 buts limps to the sideline with about 4.5 minutes left. Albany scores on a 38 yard TD pass. 21-7 3:19 left in 1st