Wellington vs. New Home Discussion

Post by Razorback »

Wellington vs. New Home, 7 p.m. Friday at Canyon’s Happy State Bank Stadium

What do you think about this one?
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Re: Wellington vs. New Home Discussion

Post by Windthorstfan »

Wellington…..is Region I that weak? New Home’s only loss was to Haskell 7-27. Haskell while very competitive in district wound up 4th as they struggled to score points. After Haskell won this game, I thought they could be a dark horse in Region II based on New Home’s 8-4 record the previous season.
cowboyz
Users

Post by cowboyz »

Windthorstfan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:10 am Wellington…..is Region I that weak? New Home’s only loss was to Haskell 7-27. Haskell while very competitive in district wound up 4th as they struggled to score points. After Haskell won this game, I thought they could be a dark horse in Region II based on New Home’s 8-4 record the previous season.
I wondered the same thing when I saw that score. It was early in the season so who knows, but it always had me questioning New Home. They'll get their chance to prove themselves this week, just like my team.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Seen banter on Twitter that Wellington was banged up and had some players out. That being said New Home played with their backup QB.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

This time of year everyone is banged up, but injuries are most prevalent on the smaller schools since most players have to go both ways. That being said I am surprised that New Home is in the semifinals. I don’t even know where they are on the map.
dripdrop
Users

Post by dripdrop »

Eagle 1 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:50 am This time of year everyone is banged up, but injuries are most prevalent on the smaller schools since most players have to go both ways. That being said I am surprised that New Home is in the semifinals. I don’t even know where they are on the map.
south of Lubbock about 10-15 miles