Quiet

ProfessorJones
Users

Quiet

Post by ProfessorJones »

This site has really been quiet this year. I know in the past, when a game like Refugio and Shiner was happening, there would be a game thread with multiple pages of comments. This year, there was no discussion at all. I know there was some discussion on the other site, but there are so many juvenile delinquents on that site, that I really don’t like getting on there.
It’s a pretty good day when you’re on your way and you like where you’re going, and you’ve got what you want and you want what you’ve got and you’re wise enough to know it.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Re: Quiet

Post by H.TIGFAN »

Could see a pick-up in the playoffs , and next year. The Dave Campbell's got rid of their statewide messageboard on their scores app.
cowboyz
Users

Post by cowboyz »

Phone apps are the new way, less people on website only mediums.
Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

I’m with ya, I’ve tried hard to get more of the good fans to come on here from Shiner. They all tell me, I’ll look into it. And then they never show up. I’ve heard it from them. How it is easier to use an app vs getting on a website. Kinda sad. I wonder what it would cost to make an app? Anyone ever looked into that?
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Social media slowed down the traffic on a lot of forums, but the ones that has survived like this one speaks volumes about the people who post regularly.
Usually in the past when teams that are not normally playing deep in the playoffs have a great season you will see an influx of fans showing up here. But lately it’s been the same teams playing in December so there hasn’t been any new posters.
Besides Dogfan hasn’t been around for me to smack. :violence-smack:
Gabriel
Users

Post by Gabriel »

I'm always just lurking. Ever since Grayghost passed away I just haven't been aa active online.
Upullinmychain
Users

Post by Upullinmychain »

Gabe,I'm with ya,but they made me a mod on the other site.So I have to split time here and there.I appreciate this site because of its insite across the other portions of this great state.If it hadn't been for your mentioning this site,I would have not know it existed and missed out on it.
Renegade
Users

Post by Renegade »

Well to be honest the other site became a place of hulligans. But this site became a prayer hotline instead of talking football...its why 2 of my friends left. They said it was old guys just talking about their families and prayers and prayers. I noticed it too. They wanted more of a friday nite feel than sunday morning feel. I agree time and place for everything but i DO feel its reason why its same 17 people on here. Jmo
Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

Renegade wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:09 am Well to be honest the other site became a place of hulligans. But this site became a prayer hotline instead of talking football...its why 2 of my friends left. They said it was old guys just talking about their families and prayers and prayers. I noticed it too. They wanted more of a friday nite feel than sunday morning feel. I agree time and place for everything but i DO feel its reason why its same 17 people on here. Jmo
I quit posting my predictions for Shiners district and the region 4 thread because no one was participating or commenting much in it. So I feel ya. I’m probably one of the youngest people on here still and I’ve been on here since right after I graduated in 2006 lol. I wish more would come on here and talk some serious football.
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

The best way to liven up the crowd is to bring more in.

I know we have prayer posts, but they are always directed at either posters or when something really bad happens to a school. I do not think they are overbearing and thankfully there hasn't been a lot this year.

If you guys spread the word we can get more people here to liven it up.

On your phone you can create a shortcut to the forum and as far as I can tell the forum does well on any mobile device.