Coleman 18
Goldthwaite 6

8th grade
Coleman 47
Goldthwaite 0

7th grade
Coleman 14
Goldthwaite 50
Our JV got a wake up call. It’s only the second game they have ever loss.
I also think some of the parents got a wake up call as well.

Congrats to Coleman. That was probably the JV district championship game.

Our Varisty only pulled up 2 sophmores this season, so our JV has a ton of sophmores. That and our freshman have only lost a handful of games ever. A few in peewee none in 7th and 1 game in 8th grade to San Saba. Don't know anything about Tolar or Hamilton but I was expecting Goldthwaite to be our best JV game this season with a chance at revenge vs San Saba for our JV.

Sorry correction our 8th Graders lost to Cisco and Goldthwait last year. So our freshman this year lost 2 games last season. Our 7th graders last season only lost to San Saba.
Most of our JV is all freshman. They already pulled one sophomore up to the varsity, I think he played on the line and linebacker, but I’m not sure. They still have some growing to do, but those games get tougher the closer you get to Friday nights.
Last year’s Seniors were undefeated in jr high, and you see how that turned out. Nothing against the kids of course.
IMO the 3-4 defense has really hurt our football program and the numbers prove it.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Re: WEEK 5 JV & JH SCORES

Post by Windthorstfan »

Eagle 1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:46 pm
Demaskis wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:58 pm
Eagle 1 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:09 pm

Our Varisty only pulled up 2 sophmores this season, so our JV has a ton of sophmores. That and our freshman have only lost a handful of games ever. A few in peewee none in 7th and 1 game in 8th grade to San Saba. Don't know anything about Tolar or Hamilton but I was expecting Goldthwaite to be our best JV game this season with a chance at revenge vs San Saba for our JV.

Sorry correction our 8th Graders lost to Cisco and Goldthwait last year. So our freshman this year lost 2 games last season. Our 7th graders last season only lost to San Saba.
Most of our JV is all freshman. They already pulled one sophomore up to the varsity, I think he played on the line and linebacker, but I’m not sure. They still have some growing to do, but those games get tougher the closer you get to Friday nights.
Last year’s Seniors were undefeated in jr high, and you see how that turned out. Nothing against the kids of course.
IMO the 3-4 defense has really hurt our football program and the numbers prove it.
I don’t put much stock in JH football for the future of a program. 2 or 3 athletes can make things happen in junior high. Teams aren’t scouting JH games and putting together a game plan. Team to the north of was undefeated as 8 graders and beat the crap out of teams but picked up their 1st win against a team that should be playing 6-man.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Windthorstfan wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:55 pm

I don’t put much stock in JH football for the future of a program. 2 or 3 athletes can make things happen in junior high. Teams aren’t scouting JH games and putting together a game plan. Team to the north of was undefeated as 8 graders and beat the crap out of teams but picked up their 1st win against a team that should be playing 6-man.
Genetics. A lot of these kids fathers, uncles etc. played on either state championship teams or teams that made long runs in the playoffs.
Talking about our JV team.
OskeeWowWow
Users

Post by OskeeWowWow »

Eagle 1 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:09 pm

De Leon says, hold our (root) beer.

30-0 at halftime over Goldthwaite JV.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

OskeeWowWow wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:59 pm

At least three starters out on the JV, plus the ones who got moved up to varsity the past few weeks, including the “man child” you were asking about.
Congrats.

7th
Goldthwaite 36
Deleon 6
OskeeWowWow
Users

Post by OskeeWowWow »

Eagle 1 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:22 pm
OskeeWowWow wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:59 pm

At least three starters out on the JV, plus the ones who got moved up to varsity the past few weeks, including the “man child” you were asking about.
Congrats.

7th
Goldthwaite 36
Deleon 6
What is that kid's name, PM if you prefer not to be public.

That is a somewhat shocking 7th grade score. That group has a "man child" type also that hadn't been stopped this year. Y'all must be pretty loaded there. Congrats. 8th will be interesting, ours is pretty tough. Keep us updated.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Deleon was up 24-0 when I left in the second quarter.
Message sent.