Re: WEEK 4 Comments

Post by Gabriel »

Centerville playing mart tough at the half
HornetFan
Users

Post by HornetFan »

Celeste 42 Boles 28

Celeste has a lot of team speed. Boles still improving but too many mental errors. Big plays of the game were a Boles 93 yard TD reception and Celeste with a 99 yard fumble recovery TD. Celeste scored to go up 21-14 with one minute left in the 1st half and then got pressure on the Boles QB to force an Interception with 40 seconds left. Celeste threw for a 28 yard td the next play on a busted coverage to go up 28-14 at half. Boles also recovered a fumble after a 90 yard completion by Celeste.
Boles threw for +300 yards as they transition to being a spread passing team. Boles converted multiple 4th downs on long pass plays after being pushed back by penalties.
B-MoneyBJJ
Users

Post by B-MoneyBJJ »

Flatonia and Thorndale look to be the District 13 favorites. It will be an interesting battle between Hearne, Holland, and Schulenburg for those last two playoff spots. I could see Holland being the odd man out. They have multiple key injuries and all of their best players other than their QB and one receiver are freshman and sophomores. On top of that they have given their opponents 3 turnovers in each of their loses and each time that has been the difference in those games. Hard to win when you give the ball away so frequently. I think it will be 1. Thorndale 2. Flatonia 3. Schulenburg 4. Hearne. If Holland gets healthy and fixes their turnover issues they can be plugged in anywhere from 1st through 4th.

Bartlett lost big, but Bartlett has a running back in 8th grade that will be first team all state multiple times like is father. Eric Walker's son is that running back. not sure if anyone here remembers his sheer dominance at running back for 4 years at Bartlett. Eric's father was a Temple legend and played at ATM as will. Let's just say the apple did not fall far from the tree. Not saying Bartlett will be very good, but they will have a 2500 30+TD Running back in 3 years.

Holland has a young man coming up whos grandpa played in the NFL and he will be an absolute power house for Holland the next 3 years. He just moved in this year so he isn't seeing much playing time until district starts is what I have been told.

Chilton is the real deal, Hearne played a really awful game, but part of that was caused by Chilton as well. I am really excited to see Chilton and Burton clash.

The toughest district in small school 2A is 13. Granger, Chilton, and Bremond could all win region 4. Granger has the most size and best defense of the bunch. Bremond.... a lot of people are sleeping on Bremond. They have a freshman running back and sophomore QB that light up the world. the 2 of them accounted for over 500 yards and several TDs against Holland Friday and their 8th grade team is a bunch of full grown men. I see them winning state, not this year, but within the next 2 or 3 without a doubt.

If I had to rank D2 region 4 right now it'd be 1. Bremond 2. Granger 3. Burton 4. Chilton.
Upullinmychain
Users

Post by Upullinmychain »

Carlisle has taken down a 2aD2 and 3 3aD2 schools in a row,couple were really good and a couple are 2-2 right now. Think we may have what it takes to make a decent run into region this year.we have a bad 3a team on the schedule this week so I can't see any gain for us in it except maybe reps for players,we lost a two way starter witj a couple broken legs Fri and that will show up on our defensive this week. Currently 4-0 at this time ✌️