WEEK 1 COMMENTS.

Piper
Donating Member 21-22

Re: WEEK 1 COMMENTS.

Post by Piper »

H.TIGFAN wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:27 pm Division 2

Region 1
1. Upset : Booker over Wheeler 16-6
2. Seagraves had an impressive shutout victory over Lockney 30-0.

Region 2
1. Bells defeated Muenster. Bells is a very good 3A team. Nobody heres about Bell's success since Gunter is usually in their district. So not rally an upset over Muenster.
2. Two surprise teams from last year faced off in Week 1. Eldorado held on in an defensive classic over Christoval 7-0.
3. Albany barely escaped an upset with an come from behind victory over Lubbock Trinity Chr. 19-15.

Region 3
1. Mart did Mart things in their opening win over Paris Chisum 54-0
2. Dawson had an eye-opening win over a good Rio Vista team..
3. Hico's 46-6 win over Bruceville-Eddy was also an eye-opener win.
4. Price Carlisle drops to Division 2, and proves to be a force with a shutout victory over Harleton.

Region 4
1. Chilton looks like the early picks to be the favorites to come out of Region 4 this year.
2. How far has Falls City fallen since last year ?
I agree Bells over Muenster is not an upset, they have a tough 3a district and have been playing the likes of Breckenridge,Eastland, Holliday, Whitesboro and Gunter to a 9-4 season last year. They added Muenster and Pilot Point this season. The way it sounded from the hornet fans this will only harden Muenster, good game to schedule.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

The one thing I noticed about the Cisco Clyde game was the amount of penalties. Clyde was hurt a lot more by them and it would have been close the first half if they didn't happen. But Cisco turned it up and Clyde kind of fell apart in the second half.

Hawley.. Well they took Jim Ned to the woodshed. I am not sure if Jim Ned was overrated or if Hawley is just that dang good. I thought Hawley could win it, but not by blowing Jim Ned out.

Albany got an early season scare and that's good for any team. Usually Coach Faith does not let his teams overlook anyone, but I guarantee they will not do it again.

The biggest surprise was the amount of top tier teams falling the first week of the season. I know there is usually one or two that slip, but DANG. Is Three Rivers that good or did someone cut the Beaver's teeth off? Good thing Mart is still doing Mart..

Every time I see Chilton in a post it takes me back to a game in Stephenville where their band played nearly the entire game. Those guys must have had steel lips and titanium lungs....
Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

I think this upcoming week will answer a lot about Shiner. Of course it won’t answer everything. Shiner historically uses these early predistrict games to fine tune. They’ve never been concerned about taking losses. I don’t think Coach Boedeker is any different. He has a bigger goal in mind.
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

Razorback wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:31 am Every time I see Chilton in a post it takes me back to a game in Stephenville where their band played nearly the entire game. Those guys must have had steel lips and titanium lungs....
It was cold and windy on top of it too!!! The only highlight in the first half for us was kicking a then-state championship record 41-yard field goal to end the half.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

Windthorstfan wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:42 pm
Razorback wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:31 am Every time I see Chilton in a post it takes me back to a game in Stephenville where their band played nearly the entire game. Those guys must have had steel lips and titanium lungs....
It was cold and windy on top of it too!!! The only highlight in the first half for us was kicking a then-state championship record 41-yard field goal to end the half.
But nothing will ever beat me getting the stink-eye from Santa and the threat of getting thrown over the back of the bleachers for wearing a Windthorst hat on the Goldthwaite side during your game. LOL

I am going to have to get some more hats, I had a few, but when I was moving to Abilene someone decided to check my shop out and decided that a box full of my football hats and decorations needed a new home. I had all of my helmet stickers and other stuff from all of the games I went to in there. Need to start a new collection.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

The drummers remember?
They beat the drums the whole game.