Users

Albany vs Windthorst

Post by dripdrop »

7.00pm Friday 3rd in Graham
Cottontop
Users

Re: Albany vs Windthorst

Post by Cottontop »

I'll be there unless Mike Aulds gets me.
Go Blue!!!
TroRAntelope
Ambassador Region 1

Post by TroRAntelope »

LOL Cottontop.
Good one!

I was really hoping WHS would get another shot at Muenster, but hey, why not old playoff rival, the Fighting Denney Faiths? these teams appear to be extremely closely matched, on paper. I'll go Albany 20, Windthorst 16...and I really, really hope I am wrong! Go Blue!
dripdrop
Users

Post by dripdrop »

28-14 Albany, sure does feel good to finally beat Windthorst,Albanys normally good passing game was off today and they hurt themselves with penalties or in my opinion the score would have been higher
TroRAntelope
Ambassador Region 1

Post by TroRAntelope »

Congrats to the Lions!

Good luck against Stratford. Keep it going!!!
Cottontop
Users

Post by Cottontop »

Congrats to Albany.
I thought the difference in the game was the 2 interceptions that led to touchdowns. Albany had no turnovers. # 30 and # 70 were beasts. Good luck against Stratford and then Mart.
beaver gal
Site Mods

Post by beaver gal »

I hope you meant FC.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

dripdrop wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:43 pm 28-14 Albany, sure does feel good to finally beat Windthorst,Albanys normally good passing game was off today and they hurt themselves with penalties or in my opinion the score would have been higher
It's much easier to complete passes when you don't have someone bearing down on you and hurrying to throw the ball. The passing game was literally the difference in the game. Penalties hurt Albany in last year's game with false starts. It's not like this was just an issue in this game. Your WRs seem to get called for 1 or 2 false starts every game. One of them is pretty blatant on just about every pass play as he kind of drops his hips just before the snap. I know one of our coaches said something to side judge and he told him they are just HS kids....that's bull crap we are in the 4th round of the playoffs. Not why we got beat but it's pretty obvious on film on not just in our game that the WRs move early.