Is there a chance that Mart could still win the 2020 Div 2 Championship?

cowboyz
Users

Is there a chance that Mart could still win the 2020 Div 2 Championship?

Post by cowboyz »

I've pulled up that film a couple of times of the Windthorst-Mart championship game on the DVR and each time I get the distinct feeling that Mart is unstoppable and clearly going to win the game, just checking if there's something in the rules of physics that would allow them to pull off the win if I watch it again. Jokes aside, that must have been a magical season for a Windthorst fan. Close playoff wins, a regular season loss to Hamlin, a David vs Goliath championship game. I can only hope that Collinsville has a season like that sometime in my life. The best one so far for us was a Cinderella run to the Semifinals in 2000 that included a double overtime win over Roscoe (midnight hit on that Cinderella season, however, very quickly and violently courtesy of the Stratford Elks), I do believe we have a shot to be a top team in a year or two if things play out right.
ima puncher
Users

Re: Is there a chance that Mart could still win the 2020 Div 2 Championship?

Post by ima puncher »

the pillow guy said Mart won 2020 state.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

It's still surreal to me!! Mart needed to make one play and things would have turned out differently. Then again the same could have been said for the Albany and Wellington games. Our kids made the plays when they were needed.
H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Post by H.TIGFAN »

Lot of football left to be played. Teams got avoid the big injuries to win state.