Finally

Eagle 1
Site Admin

Re: Finally

Post by Eagle 1 »

TroRAntelope wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:52 pm Might as well just call it the Gary Proffitt sign.

Very nice.
I have been doing some thinking, and with all do respect you are partially correct. I agree that coach Proffitt was the backbone of our success, but you also have to give credit to Tim Spradley as well. He was the best dc I have ever seen. Many of those championships that were won was due to our defense. We prided ourselves in getting shutouts. In fact we prided ourselves forcing 3 in outs every time our defense took the field. In doing so our base run offense was able to wear down their defense. Our defense was always on the attack and not letting the other offense dictate what we going to do. Tim’s philosophy was, give me two good defensive ends and a good middle linebacker and I’ll fill in the rest of the spots and beat you ever time. It worked.

So kudos to both Gary Proffitt and Tim Spradley for making our program successful in those days. I’m happy that all three of my sons played for them and learned many things both on the field and off that has made them successful adults today.
TroRAntelope
Ambassador Region 1

Post by TroRAntelope »

I know it isn't just one guy. It never is. The greatest coaches almost always spawn other winners in their trees.

I said it a bit tongue-in-cheek, as you can almost carve out the numbers when Proffitt was there. All of that success is also a testament to the community of Goldthwaite.
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

I thought i had posted here, but reading through I guess the phone didn't send it. It looks GREAT! I think all schools should have something like this. I know a lot do, but the ones that do not need to do it just to show pride in their schools.