Covid forfeits..

ganadofan1
Users
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Ganado

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by ganadofan1 »

H.TIGFAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 pm i feel for the team that is going to have to forfeit a playoff game this year due to Covid.
That would be the only way Shiner doesn't win the title imho.
User avatar
Comanchealumni06
Donating Member 2021
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

H.TIGFAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm
Comanchealumni06 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:46 am Hasn’t been confirmed, just a rumor currently. Hearing the Schulenburg has a spike in covid and are considering giving Shiner the forfeit win next week. Not good for Shiner cause that was the last regular season game scheduled. So Shiner could be looking at 3 bye weeks leading up to playoffs. I heard we were already looking for a game before this. So Shiner might be available for 2 games over the next few weeks.
Wall just got their game cancelled. They maybe looking for a game this Friday/Saturday.
Wow! Perhaps these coaches will figure this one out lol
Shiner Comanches
State Champs 1986, 2004, 2020
User avatar
Comanchealumni06
Donating Member 2021
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

ganadofan1 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 pm
H.TIGFAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 pm i feel for the team that is going to have to forfeit a playoff game this year due to Covid.
That would be the only way Shiner doesn't win the title imho.
I hope that doesn’t happen. I have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of teams who end up just saying players have the flu... I’ve heard rumors about other programs already doing just that.
Shiner Comanches
State Champs 1986, 2004, 2020
ganadofan1
Users
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:28 pm
Location: Ganado

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by ganadofan1 »

Comanchealumni06 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:40 pm
ganadofan1 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 pm
H.TIGFAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 pm i feel for the team that is going to have to forfeit a playoff game this year due to Covid.
That would be the only way Shiner doesn't win the title imho.
I hope that doesn’t happen. I have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of teams who end up just saying players have the flu... I’ve heard rumors about other programs already doing just that.
If they don't get tested for covid then there is no proof.
User avatar
HawleyRocks
Users
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 am
Location: Hawley & Abilene

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by HawleyRocks »

I read on the other forum (app) that Colorado City forfeited their game to Stamford this Friday night... No explanation given... It also looks that they have cancelled the rest of the season as well. I assume that it is related to Covid-19, but it could be their lack of competitiveness. Unsure at this time.... Has anyone heard anything???? Coach Ables said this afternoon that we (Hawley) probably won't have a game next Friday night. We were scheduled to play at C-City next Friday night...
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
dripdrop
Users
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:24 pm

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by dripdrop »

Albany varsity plays thursday jv friday? then varsity plays next wednesday hoping to beat covid forfeits
User avatar
HawleyRocks
Users
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 am
Location: Hawley & Abilene

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by HawleyRocks »

This was posted on the Colorado City ISD Site - Here is their Tweet...

Out of safety and precaution all boys extra curricular activities will be cancelled for the rest of the week and re-evaluated Monday morning. All football games have been cancelled against Stamford. Stay Healthy Wolf Nation!!

This does not state anything about the rest of the season and looks to be reevaluated on Monday 10/26/2020.
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
User avatar
Razorback
Boss Hawg
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:54 pm
Location: Abilene, TX

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by Razorback »

Comanchealumni06 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 pm
H.TIGFAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm
Comanchealumni06 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:46 am Hasn’t been confirmed, just a rumor currently. Hearing the Schulenburg has a spike in covid and are considering giving Shiner the forfeit win next week. Not good for Shiner cause that was the last regular season game scheduled. So Shiner could be looking at 3 bye weeks leading up to playoffs. I heard we were already looking for a game before this. So Shiner might be available for 2 games over the next few weeks.
Wall just got their game cancelled. They maybe looking for a game this Friday/Saturday.
Wow! Perhaps these coaches will figure this one out lol
They could call the Cowboys. Maybe losing to Shiner would wake them up. I know we lost Dak but its like they don't care. I havnt watched a game yet because I have been too dang busy, but try to keep up. More wasted talent this year than usual. With the guys they have they should be undefeated and lookimg at a SB run.
User avatar
Razorback
Boss Hawg
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:54 pm
Location: Abilene, TX

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by Razorback »

HawleyRocks wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 pm This was posted on the Colorado City ISD Site - Here is their Tweet...

Out of safety and precaution all boys extra curricular activities will be cancelled for the rest of the week and re-evaluated Monday morning. All football games have been cancelled against Stamford. Stay Healthy Wolf Nation!!

This does not state anything about the rest of the season and looks to be reevaluated on Monday 10/26/2020.
Hopefully they get well and get to play more this year.
User avatar
Comanchealumni06
Donating Member 2021
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Re: Covid forfeits..

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

Razorback wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:25 pm
Comanchealumni06 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 pm
H.TIGFAN wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Wall just got their game cancelled. They maybe looking for a game this Friday/Saturday.
Wow! Perhaps these coaches will figure this one out lol
They could call the Cowboys. Maybe losing to Shiner would wake them up. I know we lost Dak but its like they don't care. I havnt watched a game yet because I have been too dang busy, but try to keep up. More wasted talent this year than usual. With the guys they have they should be undefeated and lookimg at a SB run.

Lol! The Cowboys make me wonder every season. How can you blow it with such talent?
Shiner Comanches
State Champs 1986, 2004, 2020
Post Reply