Big Game of the Week 7

Piper
Donating Member 21-22

Re: Big Game of the Week 7

Post by Piper »

HawleyRocks wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:21 am Stamford at Anson... Part of the Jones County Rivalry... All of the games are usually wars and records never seem to matter... So, this Dawg & Cat fight should be a good one...
Records don’t seem to matter as much when Jones county plays each other. Some of the best games to watch during the regular season. Hawley, Anson, Stamford and Hamlin get after each other and it can get chippy lol
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

Eagle 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:14 pm
ganadofan1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:50 pm Goldthwaite and San Saba. One day I'd like to see that game in person.
For the first time ever in 104 meetings the rivalry will be televised.
Go Eagles! 🦅
What TV Station is showing it?
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Razorback wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:18 pm
Eagle 1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:14 pm
ganadofan1 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:50 pm Goldthwaite and San Saba. One day I'd like to see that game in person.
For the first time ever in 104 meetings the rivalry will be televised.
Go Eagles! 🦅

What TV Station is showing it?
Channel 46 from Waco, but you can stream it here.

https://www.kwtx.com/2020/09/11/watch-b ... 8iwFuBwpvU

Or here:

https://www.sansabaradio.com/index.html
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

Ganado got a 28-21 win over Schulenburg. Turned out to be quite the game in the 4th quarter.
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

Piper wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:14 pm
HawleyRocks wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:21 am Stamford at Anson... Part of the Jones County Rivalry... All of the games are usually wars and records never seem to matter... So, this Dawg & Cat fight should be a good one...
Records don’t seem to matter as much when Jones county plays each other. Some of the best games to watch during the regular season. Hawley, Anson, Stamford and Hamlin get after each other and it can get chippy lol
Well, Hamlin certainly has won the "Jones County Rivalry" this year, by beating us (Hawley) and also Stamford. So, I guess we (Hawley) are playing for 2nd place in this always hard fought rivalry... Hawley has also beaten Stamford and will play Anson Friday night for 2nd.... Oh, and yes, these games always seem to get a little chippy as you stated... :lol: Go Bearcats !!!
Hawley Bearcats
2A D1 State Champions 2022-2023
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
Piper
Donating Member 21-22

Post by Piper »

Good luck! I know Hawley can win this one if they come out ready to play. Sad note we just got told Crosbyton cancelled so we are off I’m guessing till we find an opponent.
Piper
Donating Member 21-22

Post by Piper »

HawleyRocks wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:28 pm
Well, Hamlin certainly has won the "Jones County Rivalry" this year, by beating us (Hawley) and also Stamford. So, I guess we (Hawley) are playing for 2nd place in this always hard fought rivalry... Hawley has also beaten Stamford and will play Anson Friday night for 2nd.... Oh, and yes, these games always seem to get a little chippy as you stated... :lol: Go Bearcats !!!
Don’t leave out Anson, we beat them to lol.
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

Piper wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:21 pm
HawleyRocks wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Don’t leave out Anson, we beat them to lol.
Yeah, I should have looked that one up... I forgot y'all cleaned Anson's clock 48 to 6. Winners all the way around... So, Hamlin beat Hawley 35 to 6, they beat Stamford 34 to 0, so by a slight margin our young Hawley team gave you the best game. So, we are still playing for 2nd in the Jones County rivalry. I just want us to play clean and take care of the ball. Last Friday night we started out like Dallas in giving the ball away, the only difference was we kept them from taking advantage and scoring. Go Bearcats !!!
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

Piper wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:57 pm Good luck! I know Hawley can win this one if they come out ready to play. Sad note we just got told Crosbyton cancelled so we are off I’m guessing till we find an opponent.
Yeah, you need the game to stay sharp, but you don't need the Covid-19, at least this way your kids are safe. Come over to Anson and sit with us... You can't miss me, big guy - maroon shirt & hat with a cane. I always sit opposite of the band about the 40 yard line.... Go Bearcats !!!
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962