Battle of the River

Dillo4022
Users

Re: Battle of the River

Post by Dillo4022 »

Lol although we do enjoy beating Goldthwaite . It does not determine whether we had a good season or not . Our goals are a lot bigger than that . If you can’t tell then your head must be buried in the sand
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Dillo4022 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:16 am Lol although we do enjoy beating Goldthwaite . It does not determine whether we had a good season or not . Our goals are a lot bigger than that . If you can’t tell then your head must be buried in the sand
Obviously I’m right since you took time to join the message board to respond. Lol

Either way welcome to the oldest running Texas High School Football message board.
Good luck to the Dillos for the rest of the season.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

Has it been since 2010 Goldthwaite was in the playoffs?
Razorback
Boss Hawg

Post by Razorback »

Eagle 1 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:13 pm
Dillo4022 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:16 am Lol although we do enjoy beating Goldthwaite . It does not determine whether we had a good season or not . Our goals are a lot bigger than that . If you can’t tell then your head must be buried in the sand
Obviously I’m right since you took time to join the message board to respond. Lol

Either way welcome to the oldest running Texas High School Football message board.
Good luck to the Dillos for the rest of the season.
I bet that is not their only goal for the season, but a win by either side is surely a treat. Rotan-Roby was the same way.
Windthorstfan
Site Admin

Post by Windthorstfan »

ganadofan1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:56 pm Has it been since 2010 Goldthwaite was in the playoffs?
Surely this is a joke? Not hard to look it up. They had a run 2004 to 2017 where they made the playoffs, the last two seasons have been pretty ugly. 2015 they were district champions and finished the season 10-3.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

ganadofan1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:56 pm Has it been since 2010 Goldthwaite was in the playoffs?
The last time we played in a State Championship.
ganadofan1
Donating Member 22-23

Post by ganadofan1 »

Windthorstfan wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:29 pm
Surely this is a joke? Not hard to look it up. They had a run 2004 to 2017 where they made the playoffs, the last two seasons have been pretty ugly. 2015 they were district champions and finished the season 10-3.
Their updated picture of the playoff years says 2010. They don't have anything updated since then. Actually Ganado beat them in 2011 28-0 in the first round. I believe so that should have told me. I knew they didn't have a 10 year drought.
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

Not that it would make a difference in the game, but I heard the reason we had so many false starts in the game was SS defense was mocking our snap count the whole game.
I think they finally got a penalty in the second half.
We stopped ourselves as much as they did.
Nonetheless we have got to stop the stupid mistakes and play football.

Oh BTW, what a cheap shot by ## (we got your number)
It took our player for the rest of the year. 😡
Searzy
Users

Post by Searzy »

Eagle 1, are you being serious? "San Saba base's it's success on beating Goldthwaite?? I take nothing away from the Eagles past success, and respect that success. I graduated from San Saba in 87, and saw the Eagles go back to back and I am great friends with many off that team.

However amigo, the Eagles are absolutely horrible, and have been for a few years. Not sure how many as I moved my son back here to San Saba from Lake Travis last year for his junior and senior season. I can assure you that in his mind and his teammates minds there really is not much success in beating the Eagles in real time....... LOL, i mean come on dude, I think you are much smarter than that post...

Again, kudos to the past teams of the Eagles. Those teams deserve respect, absolutely, but there is NO glory in beating the Eagles in todays times. San Saba has had more than their share of bad teams, but the Eagles, for at least the last 2 years and the year before we moved back, are just as bad as a team can be. So here is to the Eagles flying high again one day down road, "maybe in 2-3 years", not sure, but there really is no "high held", success in beating teams that are that bad. It literally does nothing for us but put "W" in the column.......
Searzy
Users

Post by Searzy »

Eagle 1, your comments and now our excuses just keep getting more ridiculous at every word. "mocking your snap count" " we stopped ourselves as much as they did"??????? -----WHAT????-----. WE COULD HAVE BEATEN YALL 100 TO 6, and yall probably shouldn't have even scored the one td that yall did. Last 3 years have been mirror images with the Eagles. "horrible, horrible and horrible" You need to except it and move on to hopefully a brighter future for the Eagles. Don't think it will be next year though, after watching how bad our JV handled the Eagle's JV. Just sayin.. As always I wish the Eagles a better future, but geez dude, your thinking and ridiculous comments make hard... LOL