Abilene to be site of 2015 six-man football championships.

Like Basketball on a Football Field!!
Bearcat77

Abilene to be site of 2015 six-man football championships.

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:07 pm

http://www.reporternews.com/homepage-sh ... s_50561615

Abilene to be site of six-man football championships.
By Brooke Crum.

ABILENE,Texas-"Abilene has scored big in being selected as the site of the state championships for six-man football, three years after the last championship games were played here.

Two championship games — at noon and 3 p.m. — will be played Dec. 12 at Shotwell Stadium, according to a news release the Abilene Convention and Visitors Bureau.

The Abilene Independent School District’s Athletic Department and the Abilene Convention and Visitors Bureau worked together to create a package to persuade the University Interscholastic League to choose Abilene to again host the championships. Abilene previously held the championships in 2005, 2006 and from 2009 until 2012.

“We are thrilled to host these prestigious championships,” said Phil Blue, AISD athletic director. “Abilene has a great central location that meets travel needs for all of these teams and a welcoming community that has such respect for smaller programs, as we’ve proven over the last several years.”

“Working together with Abilene (Convention and Visitors Bureau) is a win for all,” Blue said.

Debi Schultz, sales and sports director for the visitors bureau, said more than $120,000 in “economic impact” is generated for Abilene each time the city holds the state championships.

“The six-man championships bring tremendous value,” she said.

All other state football championships will be held in Houston."

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Re: Abilene to be site of 2015 six-man football championships.

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Since Shotwell Stadium is basically in my backyard, I know that I am very partial to this decision. But I am so very happy that these games are back in Abilene Texas. My boys and I always go out to these games which are usually a culmination of local area teams anyways. I look forward to these games every year. Glad they are back...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

Return to “6-Man Football”