Hawley vs Marlin

H.TIGFAN
Site Mods

Hawley vs Marlin

Post by H.TIGFAN »

Thursday @ Weatherford. NO TICKETS SOLD AT THE GATE

Does Marlin's Cinderella playoff run come to an end, or does it keep going to the final stage in Arlington ?
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Re: Hawley vs Marlin

Post by HawleyRocks »

Well, we had two key injures against Cisco, and while the biggest injury was to our big running back (Austin Cumpton), he just runs angry on every play... His injury actually hurt us more on defense, as he is our ball hawk middle linebacker. This proved to be our biggest Achilles' heel as Cisco just pounded the thunder out of us right up the middle. And to further exacerbate the problem, his backup (Hez Parker) on defense was also injured, he tried to go at the start of the game and actually came out in pads, but his ankle just was not right, so he had change back into his street clothes after the first team warmup before the game started. We hope to get Hez back for the Marlin game on Thursday.

I have looked at highlights on Marlin and man are they Big and Fast, but this little Hawley Bearcats' team has a lot of heart and will do the very best that they can... And to resort to a cliche, 'It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it' the size of the fight in the dog', or in this case, the Bearcat !!!!

But, know this... We are very proud to be here and be in this game and will do the best that we can, and win or lose we will hold our heads high and show great sportsmanship and great school pride... Go Bearcats !!!
Hawley Bearcats
2A D1 State Champions 2022-2023
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

I haven’t seen either team play this year. So I won’t make any kind of prediction. These are both excellent teams to get this far! Good luck to both teams this week!
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022
Eagle 1
Site Admin

Post by Eagle 1 »

So is Austin Cumpton out?
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

Eagle 1 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:47 pm So is Austin Cumpton out?
Yes, he's out for the season... He has a fracture in his back...
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962
Bonecrusher
Users

Post by Bonecrusher »

Gonna be a Centex homer and pick Marlin. They have certainly turned things around since early in reg season. Have all the pieces to the puzzle and the coaching staff is utilizing them very well. I was very surprised at their success late reg season and into early playoffs; figured they would implode any time, but they haven't. Very impressive squad and I think they have a realistic shot to beat anyone, maybe with the exception of Shiner.
They beat Crawford last week, but that was a very depleted Crawford team due to multiple injuries, so can't really hang their hat on that one.
Don't know much about Hawley. Obviously they wouldn't be this far if they weren't a very good team, but will need the A+ game to get past Marlin. Bulldogs are the real deal this time around.
Hope it's a good game, and Marlin really does need to be tested so I hope Hawley gives them everything they can handle and then some.
ima puncher
Users

Post by ima puncher »

know nothing about Marlin except that they have some super star athletes. What little I know about Hawley is they have classy ISD and fans. Bearcats will struggle after losing RB last week. I figured Hawley practicing free throw 2 weeks ago. Hopefully Hawley overcomes big obstacles one more week.
Comanchealumni06
Ambassador Region 4

Post by Comanchealumni06 »

You know, I come from a super classy program. I saw as a player, 2 state finals and won a state championship. I was taught to respect who we played. Regardless of the outcome. I tend not to let a few bad apples ruin my opinion of a program. This has definitely rang true with my overall admiration and respect of Refugio. But Marlin… my limited exposure to their fans online have proved horrid… I won’t go into details on all that. But Hawley however, remind me of a program I once played for, and won with, and watched win with grace long after I left. Hawley has my respect, and I hope I’m wrong with a prediction that Marlin wins. I hope Hawley proves me ohh so very wrong! As I would have the utmost respect and honor as only a fan now, to face them in the state championship. I can’t say the same if Shiner wins of course, and they n fact face the opposing opponent…. I wish I needed not such a descriptive comment… But I feel I’m left with no alternative. GO HAWLEY!
Shiner Comanches
State Champs
Football 1986, 2004, 2020, 2021
Softball 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
Baseball 1981, 1992, 2002, 2004
Tennis Mixed Doubles 2007
Track Girls Team 2016 Boys Team 2021
Marching Band 2013, 2022
Bonecrusher
Users

Post by Bonecrusher »

Comanchealumni06 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:25 pm You know, I come from a super classy program. I saw as a player, 2 state finals and won a state championship. I was taught to respect who we played. Regardless of the outcome. I tend not to let a few bad apples ruin my opinion of a program. This has definitely rang true with my overall admiration and respect of Refugio. But Marlin… my limited exposure to their fans online have proved horrid… I won’t go into details on all that. But Hawley however, remind me of a program I once played for, and won with, and watched win with grace long after I left. Hawley has my respect, and I hope I’m wrong with a prediction that Marlin wins. I hope Hawley proves me ohh so very wrong! As I would have the utmost respect and honor as only a fan now, to face them in the state championship. I can’t say the same if Shiner wins of course, and they n fact face the opposing opponent…. I wish I needed not such a descriptive comment… But I feel I’m left with no alternative. GO HAWLEY!
There's one particular Marlin person on the FSSW app who is off the chain! Lots of guys on there don't care for him, either. Not sure if that's who you're referring to. I know some Marlin folk and they're good people. It's the old situation of a few bad apples.....
HawleyRocks
Donating Member 22-23

Post by HawleyRocks »

Well, we have a couple that are always on the app, but they are usually reactive posters. Hawley as a whole, are mainly very humble and mostly just support the team... I myself, only talk to answer questions or provide school information or stats... This last week, I have even quit reading altogether as some of these before mentioned posters were just too much. Hawley will show up and hopefully play the best that they can. Win or lose, we will be humble and show good sportsmanship... Go Bearcats !!!
Hawley Bearcats
Bearcat Fan Since 1962