Voting

Where you can rant and rave, but BE CAREFUL do not break any of the rules.
BlueDevil2002

Voting

Postby BlueDevil2002 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:21 am

Ok, football coaches it is time to vote. I will not tell you how to vote but there are people who are against public education and we need to stick together and make a stand. It makes me sick to hear about teacher pay raises that we never got. Early voting is going on till Friday. Make your voice heard.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Re: Voting

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:03 am

I did my part .. I still cant believe Lt Dan is our LT GOV. Most people fall for the pretense of school choice.. of course whos isn't for school choice.. Fact is we have school choice as you can move in & out of a district of your choosing. What DP wants is letting public school dollars follow a kid to subsidize private schools.. This will only or for the most part benefit rich kids in suburbs of our large metropolitan areas. A $7000 a year voucher to Liberty Christian which cost around $20,000 grand a year will only go to subsidize the rich kids already going there. Middle income to the poor will not have this choice , and our kids in rural Texas will not either. THe private school lobby is just licking its chops at getting their hands on public school money much like the state mandated testing lobby does. Dan Patrick wants to hollow out public ed period. He has no intensions of helping public schools..
I hear or see a lot of folks say we need prayer back in school as if that will fix the problems ... Folks its not prayer in school , but instead the lack of prayer at home!.. Just simply stating we need to restore prayer in school is just another thing laid on the door step of our teachers.. Teach your child the gift of prayer at home , and they will carry it with them no matter where they go from school to the mall, the streets, and throughout life!.....
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Cottontop

Postby Cottontop » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:12 am

Swammy they have been trying to do the "Money follow the kid" for over 20 years. You know that they will keep trying.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:02 am

yep I know I'm not against private schools at all .. One of my good friends is head coach at Fort Worth Christian. He doesn't want public dollars coming to his school bc he doesn't want the government interference that comes with it..

I understand the need for some reform in public schools .. If you are never willing to evaluate yourself then your not getting better..
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:24 am

I'm also most definitely not against prayer in school .. Fact is I wished religious studies were taught in our public schools. However its tough for the school to make up for what's lacking at home. To simplify the issue by saying everything will be ok if we just add prayer in school has me scratching my head. Sure it could hurt any , but a child's home life is always the first & hopefully the most important influence..

as always these are my often flawed & humbled opinion!

Cottontop

Postby Cottontop » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 am

I agree. The foundation begins at home,

Return to “Politics”