You know you're from Texas if:
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C", or vice-versa in the same day.
3. Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.
4. You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
5. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I'm fixing to go to the store. (Note: as in the portion above "fix-in-to" is one word...)
6. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked. The lights are for seeing what or who is in your yard!
8. You carry jumper cables in your car... for your OWN car.
9. You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" are.
10. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
11. You think sexy lingerie is a tee shirt and briefs.
12. The local papers cover national and international news on one page but require six pages for local gossip and sports.
13. You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
14. You find 100 degrees F "a little warm."
15. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.
16. You know whether another Texan is from east, west, north or south Texas as soon as they open their mouth.
17. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past-time known as "goin' Wal-Martin'" or "off to Wally-World."
18. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chili weather.
19. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor.
20. You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from Texas and some special friends not from Texas