Mason Punchers Verses Sonora Broncos

Home of the toughest football in Texas
Puncherland

Mason Punchers Verses Sonora Broncos

Postby Puncherland » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:20 pm

What are you takes on the game? I have it as a good game simular to that of Wall. Sonora throws the ball really well and we need to find a secondary in a hurry to defend the pass. It is nice to see us playing teams that challenge us and make us better. I have Mason winning this one by 14.

Mahir

Re: Mason Punchers Verses Sonora Broncos

Postby Mahir » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:05 am

Sonora by 5

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 am

does Coach Cordells son still play QB or did he graduate? .. I was thinking he graduated
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

retchbh

Postby retchbh » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:54 am

Coach Cordell's son graduated last year. They have a new Qb this year.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:14 pm

If the Punchers stay healthy this year they may be punching their ticket for another championship run.
I think Mason will win again this week.
Defense wins Championships!

PurplePunch
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PurplePunch » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Pass defense. If the rush is there and the secondary holds up Mason will win. Sonora’s speed will be a problem in the passing game w/o a strong pass rush.

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Mason by 2 TDs.
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 18/19

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Dem Punchers by 10!

ima puncher

Postby ima puncher » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:43 pm

retchbh wrote:Coach Cordell's son graduated last year. They have a new Qb this year.

Senior QB B.Van Winkle, Has quick receivers and finds the right one to throw to, accuracy not anything to get D-1's drooling over but he'll be best passer Mason has seen thus far this season. Graduation pretty well wiped out our defensive secondary, lot of young guys learning on the run. Van Winkle passing stats 35-66 for 561 yds. 9tds.. 1 int.

Puncher Pride

Postby Puncher Pride » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:37 pm

MrBob wrote:Mason by 2 TDs.

At least. Sonora won't be able to stop Mason from running the ball, and I'm skeptical of their ability to block Mason on deeper passes. Qb has a nice arm, but their offense isn't near as good as last year after losing Cordall and the RB. Dutton is very dangerous. If the weather gets bad, it won't help Sonora who wants to spread it out and sling it. Mason has dominated Sonora's JV in scrimmages the past two years and completely shut down their offense last year which should give our boys confidence. Mason just needs to play clean, continue to clean up mental errors and they should push the home win streak to 37. Punchers move to 3-0, 35-20.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Puncher Pride wrote:
MrBob wrote:Mason by 2 TDs.

At least. Sonora won't be able to stop Mason from running the ball, and I'm skeptical of their ability to block Mason on deeper passes. Qb has a nice arm, but their offense isn't near as good as last year after losing Cordall and the RB. Dutton is very dangerous. If the weather gets bad, it won't help Sonora who wants to spread it out and sling it. Mason has dominated Sonora's JV in scrimmages the past two years and completely shut down their offense last year which should give our boys confidence. Mason just needs to play clean, continue to clean up mental errors and they should push the home win streak to 37. Punchers move to 3-0, 35-20.

I remember the Cordell kid as a youngin when his dad was head coach at Gainesville .. 2002 nthey defeated Burnett in state title game.
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Puncher Pride

Postby Puncher Pride » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:37 pm

Dominate performance by the Punchers tonight. I felt like Mason could win this big, going in but once the rain hit Sonora had no chance. Sonora had 78 total yards and 40 of that came on one play. Sonora is a great program, proud of our boys. Now on to another spread team in Jim Ned.

Mahir

Postby Mahir » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:12 am

Mason might have enuff this year to win it all. Yes rain is worst enemy of passing game which hurt Sonora. But last years 13 wins and defense was so impressive then came Refugio game and Mason just folded. But this year seems different a tough non district schedule and no dominate teams in the class this year which makes me think why not Mason? They work hard and instead of just giving up after 3 straight dominate wins by Refugio they work even harder and come back swinging. Refugio is down and shiner is questionable. So i think final mason 34 deleon 13.

Mahir

Postby Mahir » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:18 am

Hmmmm just saw deleon score idk crawford stamford WT stinnett? Probably just a team that gets hot. Honestly Mason is only div 1 team so far thats been dominate.

Puncher Pride

Postby Puncher Pride » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:33 am

Mahir wrote:Mason might have enuff this year to win it all. Yes rain is worst enemy of passing game which hurt Sonora. But last years 13 wins and defense was so impressive then came Refugio game and Mason just folded. But this year seems different a tough non district schedule and no dominate teams in the class this year which makes me think why not Mason? They work hard and instead of just giving up after 3 straight dominate wins by Refugio they work even harder and come back swinging. Refugio is down and shiner is questionable. So i think final mason 34 deleon 13.

Mason DID NOT fold against Refugio last year, that was a one score game midway through the 4th quarter. We worn down and had some really tough breaks that sealed our fate. We shld have been up 3 TDS at half if not for a dropped pass. I appreciate the kind words but Mason didn’t fold.

Also, I’m telling you, DeLeon had better not sleep on San Saba. They may not know “how” to win yet but they have a talented team.

OskeeWowWow

Postby OskeeWowWow » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:10 am

Puncher Pride wrote:
Mahir wrote:Mason might have enuff this year to win it all. Yes rain is worst enemy of passing game which hurt Sonora. But last years 13 wins and defense was so impressive then came Refugio game and Mason just folded. But this year seems different a tough non district schedule and no dominate teams in the class this year which makes me think why not Mason? They work hard and instead of just giving up after 3 straight dominate wins by Refugio they work even harder and come back swinging. Refugio is down and shiner is questionable. So i think final mason 34 deleon 13.

Mason DID NOT fold against Refugio last year, that was a one score game midway through the 4th quarter. We worn down and had some really tough breaks that sealed our fate. We shld have been up 3 TDS at half if not for a dropped pass. I appreciate the kind words but Mason didn’t fold.

Also, I’m telling you, DeLeon had better not sleep on San Saba. They may not know “how” to win yet but they have a talented team.

Aside from casual fans I don't think many folks in De Leon are sleeping on anyone or thinking about Mason/Refugio/Shiner. San Saba, Comanche, Stamford, Crawford, Hico, Goldthwaite... This year we're the team that's everyone's Super Bowl. We certainly aren't Refugio, we need some health and some luck. Kids and coaches are all about Comanche right now, I'm certain.
Last edited by OskeeWowWow on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

OskeeWowWow

Postby OskeeWowWow » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 am

Mahir wrote:Hmmmm just saw deleon score idk crawford stamford WT stinnett? Probably just a team that gets hot. Honestly Mason is only div 1 team so far thats been dominate.

Valley View is a name that should be in that bunch, and don't count out De Leon just yet either.

Mahir

Postby Mahir » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 am

Ok mason folding maybe wrong wording. Ok after being outscored 24 to 0 in second half mason tried all the way to the end. That better? Fortunately anyways mason is even better than last year and refugio much worse. This will be year mason finally gets by refugio unfortunately they still wont get their revenge since doubtfully Refugio gets by Shiner. So does Shiner get its revenge against Mason that is the question.

Wildcatfan

Postby Wildcatfan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Mahir wrote:Hmmmm just saw deleon score idk crawford stamford WT stinnett? Probably just a team that gets hot. Honestly Mason is only div 1 team so far thats been dominate.

People should not sleep on WT! Their team speed is ridiculous, and they are learning how to win. They could be really good come playoffs. They also have a young core of skill position players, including a sophomore at qb. Should be solid for the next few years.

PurplePunch
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PurplePunch » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Mahir wrote:Ok mason folding maybe wrong wording. Ok after being outscored 24 to 0 in second half mason tried all the way to the end. That better? Fortunately anyways mason is even better than last year and refugio much worse. This will be year mason finally gets by refugio unfortunately they still wont get their revenge since doubtfully Refugio gets by Shiner. So does Shiner get its revenge against Mason that is the question.

Mason’s half of the Region 4 bracket looks challenging but do-able. The Shiner/Refugio matchup in the third round will be between proud programs that are true rivals. Both are daunting, and will be more daunting by game 14. The key is to get there, be healthy, and armed with a game plan that fits the opponent.

After that, who know?

Return to “2A Texas Football”