Burton vs Falls City

Home of the toughest football in Texas
Driftwood
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Burton vs Falls City

Postby Driftwood » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Who do you have and why. FC has been a little under the radar this year and Burton has been the favorite. IMO this will be a great game.

Mahir
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm
Location: Dallas
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Mahir » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:16 pm

Falls city is peaking. Falls city by day 28 to 13.

User avatar
beaver gal
Moderator
Posts: 8267
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:33 pm
Location: Hobson
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby beaver gal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:22 am

Falls City.

User avatar
ganado
Donating Member 16/17
Posts: 2466
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:34 pm
Location: Ganado, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby ganado » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:32 pm

I like both teams so that is hard. I believe Burton 35-28

User avatar
Theophileous
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Theophileous » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Burton 42 - 35

Falls City and Burton pretty evenly matched this year. Burton’s young players started picking up their play recently. Players that were not much of a factor are now a threat. Burton has speed everywhere. If they have a weakness it’ll be with young secondary which is much improved recently. The defense has the capability to shut down anyone. You may burn them a play or two but they’ll adjust and that play won’t be there next time. I like Burton’s chances with all its many threats.

My prediction of 42 -35 could easily turn into Burton winning 35 -12, if defense plays full speed four quarters. They have a tendency to let up occasionally.

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Burton vs Falls city. Lots of history between these two. Always a good game. As far as this year my prediction is burton 52-30. The Burton offense is beyond difficult to slow down. I'll be shocked if falls city holds them below 35 points. The Burton offense is that potent. It would take a heck of a defensive effort by falls city to do that. Defensively the panthers front 7 are very fast, and they will get after you. If the young secondary plays well then Burton will Burton will win this game by a wide margin. If they don't play well then this will be a toss up game. Comes down to can the Burton D cause turnovers and get off the field. Will be interesting.

User avatar
Theophileous
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Theophileous » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:00 am

PantherPro wrote:Burton vs Falls city. Lots of history between these two. Always a good game. As far as this year my prediction is burton 52-30. The Burton offense is beyond difficult to slow down. I'll be shocked if falls city holds them below 35 points. The Burton offense is that potent. It would take a heck of a defensive effort by falls city to do that. Defensively the panthers front 7 are very fast, and they will get after you. If the young secondary plays well then Burton will Burton will win this game by a wide margin. If they don't play well then this will be a toss up game. Comes down to can the Burton D cause turnovers and get off the field. Will be interesting.


:-bd Couldn't agree more, Panther Pro! Falls City has a great mobile QB. He's going to burn Burton deep a couple of times. That young secondary and adjustments on defense by the coaches is the key to this game for Burton. Fall City, it's simple. Get your passing game going. Falls City outcoached Milano. Milano had a good team. Burton is a great team. Burton Coach may want to pull out some of his other offensive formations with play action to get the defense of FC and secondary looking in the backfield.

Another factor no one is considering is the football. They are predicting 34 degrees as a low overnight Friday. There is a cold norther going to blow in before this game. It's going to be cold and a cold football can be difficult to catch and cause a few fumbles. I think that too plays to Burton's advantage with their explosive offensive, great defense, and large number of weapons.

In other words, going to be a totally unpredictable game. Sounds like High School football and great fun! Wear your camo and insulated coveralls, folks! **== ~O) Thermos of hot chocolate would also be in order.

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 am

We can dissect every aspect of the game but at the end of the day I think Burton will win because they have two best players in this game by a wide margin. Those players being the Burton qb #21 and WR/Hb #2. Both are absolute studs and nobody has ever slowed them down. When it comes to 2A ball one or two great players can change the game. It's a team effort for sure and Burton has a very talented team and stars all over the field but superstars win the games this deep in the playoffs.

User avatar
Theophileous
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Theophileous » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:14 pm

No doubt! Those two are really special. And, just Juniors! Falls City gave up 20 points on Milano. I just don't see them stopping Burton's powerful offense. At least, not for four quarters. The crowd needs to keep Burton's defense pumped up and into the game. Some of those players who go both ways tend to rest for a quarter. You never know when quarter that will be. I noticed Burton Defense really respond to the crowd when crowd gets loud! I suspect the crowd on both sides to be very vocal!

User avatar
Theophileous
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Theophileous » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Theophileous wrote:No doubt! :-bd Those two are really special. And, just Juniors! \:D/ Falls City gave up 20 points on Milano. I just don't see them stopping Burton's powerful offense. At least, not for four quarters.

The crowd needs to keep Burton's defense in the game. Some of those players who go both ways tend to rest for a quarter. You never know which quarter that will be. I noticed Burton defense really responds to the crowd. Crowd needs to stay loud! :lol: I suspect the crowd on both sides will be very vocal!

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Theophileous wrote:No doubt! Those two are really special. And, just Juniors! Falls City gave up 20 points on Milano. I just don't see them stopping Burton's powerful offense. At least, not for four quarters. The crowd needs to keep Burton's defense pumped up and into the game. Some of those players who go both ways tend to rest for a quarter. You never know when quarter that will be. I noticed Burton Defense really respond to the crowd when crowd gets loud! I suspect the crowd on both sides to be very vocal!


That Burton offense is special. I don't care who they play, they can score on anybody. Endless amount of weapons. The scariest part is the whole offense is back next year. They're only losing one starting linemen and that's it. Defensively I think throughout the year the Burton defense hasn't gone all out for 4 quarters. Burton doesn't have many players that go both ways but I think since the offense scores so fast the defense is out there a lot. I think up to this point Burton knew they were better than every team they've played so they tend to let up. I guarantee against a rival like falls city and in the quarterfinals the Burton D will really bring it all 4 quarters. Cause this defense has the pontential to shut anybody down, very very fast defense. Will be interesting.

Driftwood
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Driftwood » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Burton's speed will be the issue in this game no question. And FC will certainly take advantage of that fact. Dem Beavers are going to make that defense work. Let say try to keep y'all off balance and out of cinch.

User avatar
Windthorstfan
Moderator
Posts: 12780
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Location: Windthorst, TX
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm

PantherPro wrote:Cause this defense has the potential to shut anybody down, very very fast defense. Will be interesting.

But yet they gave up 31 to Milano? Falls City only gave up 20...I expect a hard fought battle.

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
PantherPro wrote:Cause this defense has the potential to shut anybody down, very very fast defense. Will be interesting.

But yet they gave up 31 to Milano? Falls City only gave up 20...I expect a hard fought battle.


The milano that played Burton was a different team than the one that played falls city. The milano that played Burton was more aggressive, bigger, and faster. Some milano players must have been injured for falls city or something cause that milano team that played falls city was timid, no explosive players, didn't run anything special, didn't play as hard. Plus when Burton and milano first played, Burton refused to throw the ball (partial cause of the wind but mostly coaches desicion, no idea why) that's our greatest weapon so obviously we didn't score as much and had to punt more. If we would have played milano last week it would have been 50-14 burton.

Driftwood
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Driftwood » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:08 pm

FC has decent size up front and our guys are taller in the skilled positions. We have some deceptive speed so Milano would not look fast against a team that equals them. Our team size is bigger than you think. They cover pretty good.

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 pm

Driftwood wrote:FC has decent size up front and our guys are taller in the skilled positions. We have some deceptive speed so Milano would not look fast against a team that equals them. Our team size is bigger than you think. They cover pretty good.


Yeah I think Burton and falls city are about the same size. Burton has a some size on the offensive line and the skilled guys are tall. We got some smaller guys too but they're very fast and quick.

Driftwood
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Driftwood » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Really expecting a great game here between these two. Beavers GO GO GO!!!!GATA!!!!

User avatar
ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 17/18
Posts: 4479
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 am
Location: Shiner, Tx
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:36 pm

I’ll take dem Beavers any day!

User avatar
Windthorstfan
Moderator
Posts: 12780
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Location: Windthorst, TX
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:17 pm

PantherPro wrote:The milano that played Burton was a different team than the one that played falls city. The milano that played Burton was more aggressive, bigger, and faster. Some milano players must have been injured for falls city or something cause that milano team that played falls city was timid, no explosive players, didn't run anything special, didn't play as hard. Plus when Burton and milano first played, Burton refused to throw the ball (partial cause of the wind but mostly coaches desicion, no idea why) that's our greatest weapon so obviously we didn't score as much and had to punt more. If we would have played milano last week it would have been 50-14 burton.


Welcome to the board

User avatar
Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18
Posts: 1526
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Huntsville, Walls Unit
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Gray Ghost » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Burton by 3
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy........than to fumble THIS football",
John Heisman

User avatar
iola fan
Donating Member 16/17
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:07 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby iola fan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:34 pm

We played Burton the last two years. This team is really good. I don't know much about Falls City but the Winters kid will get his regardless and the qb for Burton is really good. I don't have a score prediction but I would pick Burton to win. Well coached team as well. They move the Winters kid all around to where it's hard to key on him. Good luck to both teams.

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am

iola fan wrote:We played Burton the last two years. This team is really good. I don't know much about Falls City but the Winters kid will get his regardless and the qb for Burton is really good. I don't have a score prediction but I would pick Burton to win. Well coached team as well. They move the Winters kid all around to where it's hard to key on him. Good luck to both teams.


#2 winters is flat out just a special football player. He could dominate in any divison but players like him don't come around in 2A very often. He's kind of burton Swiss Army knife. He can play wide receiver, running back, and wildcat quarterback. He's just as good on defense too. It's not surprising that he's got quite a few D1 schools after him. Burtons qb #21 is about the same level of player winters is, he's a flat out stud. Can do whatever you want run, pass, and makes smart decisions. The scary thing is both these kids are just juniors and they are great kids off the field. I'm sure falls city will put in some kind of plan for them. Falls city is extremely well coached and they don't make too many mental mistakes. They got some talent for sure and they will play hard for 48 minutes. It's gonna be a great game. Lotta history and respect between these teams.

Driftwood
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Driftwood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:14 am

Burton's skilled positions they get the checkmark. The question will be if Burton's line can block FC's D-line. And the Beaver secondary can cover but can they cover #2? He might get frustrated again. Go BIG BLUE. GATA!!!!!

User avatar
ganado
Donating Member 16/17
Posts: 2466
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:34 pm
Location: Ganado, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby ganado » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 am

With a low around 40 Friday night I wonder how that might affect the Burton offense and others similar to it?

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 am

Driftwood wrote:Burton's skilled positions they get the checkmark. The question will be if Burton's line can block FC's D-line. And the Beaver secondary can cover but can they cover #2? He might get frustrated again. Go BIG BLUE. GATA!!!!!


I like Burtons lines on both sides of the. ball. Burtons offensive line is young (only one senior) but those boys can block. They're the best Burton O line in a few years. They won't back down from the challenge. As for the beaver secondary, Burton is really going to test them. #2 is our stud but #11 is just as dangerous, he is jet fast and has been our best reciever in the playoffs. #1, #23, #7, #5 can all catch and are fast. The Beaver secondary is gonna be challenged. This is the best burton passing team and offense we've ever had. Hopefully they can just keep doing what they've been doing.

Driftwood
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Driftwood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Yes FC will have to play above their heads against the Panthers. This is y'all best passing team this year I get that but when have really been a passing team in the past? Y'all have aways been a good run team. Last year against FC y'all blamed the passing game as the reason FC was beating y'all in the first half. I guess this year is different.

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Driftwood wrote:Yes FC will have to play above their heads against the Panthers. This is y'all best passing team this year I get that but when have really been a passing team in the past? Y'all have aways been a good run team. Last year against FC y'all blamed the passing game as the reason FC was beating y'all in the first half. I guess this year is different.


We've almost always been a run first team cause we've always had fast running backs. Now Burton loves to go to the air cause we have 4-5 receivers who can flat out play. Last year Burton just had #2 to catch and it was a lot of just throw it up to him but this year Burton has weapons everywhere. The younger guys just got a lot better. Last year when we played falls city it was just a strange offensive game for us almost half of our quarterbacks incomplete passes for the year came in that game. He was just off and y'all were playing good defense. But last year Burton relied on one player to catch everything, this year theirs several guys. Also our quarterback has just gotten a lot better. That kid can make any throw you want, I wouldn't take any another quarterback in 2A over him.

Driftwood
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Driftwood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm

This game could be a shoot out.

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Prediction: Close game in the first half but Burton pulls away in the second half for a 49-28 win. The Burton offense will be too much to handle. Burton plays inspired defense, forces some turnovers, and gets off the field at key times.

User avatar
Theophileous
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Theophileous » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Game day! Good luck in traveling to the game and home. Best of luck to both teams and prayers for no injuries on either side!

User avatar
Theophileous
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby Theophileous » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Congratulations Burton! 69-45 :-bd

User avatar
beaver gal
Moderator
Posts: 8267
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:33 pm
Location: Hobson
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby beaver gal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Congratulations! If #2 would have missed the bus, it'd been a lot closer! Hope you guys make it to State!

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:27 pm

beaver gal wrote:Congratulations! If #2 would have missed the bus, it'd been a lot closer! Hope you guys make it to State!


Thank you very much, I hope we make it also. The boys want it so badly and it'd right there. #2 took the spotlight tonight, he's an outstanding player. Our qb, who might be the best player in 2A had a quiet night, that's how good this offense is lol But well fought by y'all, y'all made us work for it, and I know we will see y'all again sooner or later. Also a pleasure and honor to play with y'all, lots of respect.

User avatar
beaver gal
Moderator
Posts: 8267
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:33 pm
Location: Hobson
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby beaver gal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 pm

You're welcome! I meant what I said! Bring that trophy back to Region IV!!!!! Best team I've seen Burton have, but I did miss the game last year. Lots of weapons and ways to score. Just when you think you're stopped here comes a different one running the ball! Beat Tenaha! I know it was sweet when we beat them in order to make it to state!

PantherPro
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Burton
Status: Offline

Re: Burton vs Falls City

Postby PantherPro » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:10 am

beaver gal wrote:You're welcome! I meant what I said! Bring that trophy back to Region IV!!!!! Best team I've seen Burton have, but I did miss the game last year. Lots of weapons and ways to score. Just when you think you're stopped here comes a different one running the ball! Beat Tenaha! I know it was sweet when we beat them in order to make it to state!


We'll try our absolute best to bring it home. Yeah I think this is the best burton team ever, definelty the best offense. This Burton team is better than last years for sure, this team is loaded with playmakers and speed. The scary part is I think next years Burton team will be even better because they bring back everybody including #2 and #21 and the younger classes are loaded with talent. I don't see anybody beating Burton next year. But as for this year yeah it'd be sweet to beat Tenaha. We've played them one time (2011) and they beat us pretty good then but we still owe them. It's gonna be a great one next week.


Return to “2A Texas Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests