Refugio vs Mason

Home of the toughest football in Texas
Mahir

Refugio vs Mason

Postby Mahir » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Ok its first quarter in both games but lets face it Punchers and Bobcats round 4!!

MrBob

Re: Refugio vs Mason

Postby MrBob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Anybody heard where the game will be?
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 pm

MrBob wrote:Anybody heard where the game will be?

???
Defense wins Championships!

Ryan34

Postby Ryan34 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Hearing Ferris Stadium in San Antonio

PurplePunch
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PurplePunch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 pm

We’re told will be determined tomorrow- one of 4 stadiums in San Antonio.

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:56 am

Congratulations Mason. This is the match-up that people have been talking about. It’s finally going to happen. It should be a real tough contest. Good Luck.
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

PurplePunch
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PurplePunch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Mason - Refugio Friday 7:30 Alamodome.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Mason 24
Refugio 21
O.T.

ganado

Postby ganado » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:27 pm

This game should be really good. I will go with the Bobcats by 7.

ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 18/19

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 am

Bobcats 35-14

BIG C FAN

Postby BIG C FAN » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 am

Refugio will win by 2 to 3 TDs ,Mason will have a hard time trying to move the ball. Should be a good game for both if mason can cover the pass it could be closer!

GO BIG C !

JWats44

Postby JWats44 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:49 am

I thought you were a fan of the Punchers Big C. The matchup with us verses Refugio is a little different than the matchup with you. Our defense will keep us close and our offense will be able at times to run the ball on the big aggresive Bobcat defense. I think this one could turn out simular to the game verses Shiner. This will be a very low scoring game but I think the Punchers pull this one off.
Mason 14
Refugio 7

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:29 am

Well, it looks like the Shiner fans, who have seen both teams recently, are picking Refugio. I agree, I think it will be a low scoring affair, but I believe Refugio will be able to hit some big passes. This is the best group of receivers that Coach Herring has had since he has been at Refugio, IMO. No big standouts, just 6 or 7 guys that are really, really good. Good size and really fast. Jared Kelley, the Sophomore QB is throwing the ball real well, and now has a full season under his belt. I don’t know how much we will run against Mason, but we do have the ability to break a long one every now and then. It’s gonna be fun. The kind of match-up a person wants at this point in the season. Refugio 17-14.

ScoutTeamHero

Postby ScoutTeamHero » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:17 am

I agree with the others that this game will be low scoring. Mason's defense will allow them to hang around, but this is the most balanced offense they have seen and the best talent they have seen. Both offenses will have to be patient and take advantage of field position. I think Refugio has to many weapons and pulls away late. Mason will need big plays in the passing game and I don't know that they can protect the QB well enough to get them. Best of luck to both teams and rooting for a good game. Refugio by 14.

Puncher Pride

Postby Puncher Pride » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:47 pm

MrBob wrote:Well, it looks like the Shiner fans, who have seen both teams recently, are picking Refugio. I agree, I think it will be a low scoring affair, but I believe Refugio will be able to hit some big passes. This is the best group of receivers that Coach Herring has had since he has been at Refugio, IMO. No big standouts, just 6 or 7 guys that are really, really good. Good size and really fast. Jared Kelley, the Sophomore QB is throwing the ball real well, and now has a full season under his belt. I don’t know how much we will run against Mason, but we do have the ability to break a long one every now and then. It’s gonna be fun. The kind of match-up a person wants at this point in the season. Refugio 17-14.

MrBob, you are level headed Refugio fan, wish there were folks like you on the Foxsports app instead of the idiots who trash up that site and make it unreadable. People predicting Refugio to score 45-47 points and I just don't see Mason imploding like that. I enjoy your posts and look forward to your thoughts. I do think its interesting that you say that about Refugio's WR group, because they don't worry me near as much as they have in the past from what I have seen. Ross is very good, but the rest of the group seems inconsistent, just felt like I see a lot more dropped balls than the past 3 years? I like the QB, but he does get a little high at times when he feels pressure. Mason's defense has been great this year, but the one area that I think they could be better at is forcing turnovers. We have missed a lot of opportunities for INT's this year, and if we get the chance Friday we better take advantage. I'd say our score prediction will be very close, I could see a 21-20 type game, but I do think Refugio has the overall talent advantage and has to be the favorite. Mason has to stay away from the offensive penalties that have hurt them the last two weeks and they probably will need a turnover or two to pull this one out. I do think we match up far better than we have in the past two seasons.

santafecomanche

Postby santafecomanche » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:28 pm

JWats44 wrote:I thought you were a fan of the Punchers Big C. The matchup with us verses Refugio is a little different than the matchup with you. Our defense will keep us close and our offense will be able at times to run the ball on the big aggresive Bobcat defense. I think this one could turn out simular to the game verses Shiner. This will be a very low scoring game but I think the Punchers pull this one off.
Mason 14
Refugio 7

If Shiner defense couldn't hold the Bobcats to less then 30 points what makes you think Mason's can hold them to 7. I don't think Mason scores on the Cats defense. 28-0 cats.

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:25 pm

Puncher Pride wrote:
MrBob wrote:Well, it looks like the Shiner fans, who have seen both teams recently, are picking Refugio. I agree, I think it will be a low scoring affair, but I believe Refugio will be able to hit some big passes. This is the best group of receivers that Coach Herring has had since he has been at Refugio, IMO. No big standouts, just 6 or 7 guys that are really, really good. Good size and really fast. Jared Kelley, the Sophomore QB is throwing the ball real well, and now has a full season under his belt. I don’t know how much we will run against Mason, but we do have the ability to break a long one every now and then. It’s gonna be fun. The kind of match-up a person wants at this point in the season. Refugio 17-14.

MrBob, you are level headed Refugio fan, wish there were folks like you on the Foxsports app instead of the idiots who trash up that site and make it unreadable. People predicting Refugio to score 45-47 points and I just don't see Mason imploding like that. I enjoy your posts and look forward to your thoughts. I do think its interesting that you say that about Refugio's WR group, because they don't worry me near as much as they have in the past from what I have seen. Ross is very good, but the rest of the group seems inconsistent, just felt like I see a lot more dropped balls than the past 3 years? I like the QB, but he does get a little high at times when he feels pressure. Mason's defense has been great this year, but the one area that I think they could be better at is forcing turnovers. We have missed a lot of opportunities for INT's this year, and if we get the chance Friday we better take advantage. I'd say our score prediction will be very close, I could see a 21-20 type game, but I do think Refugio has the overall talent advantage and has to be the favorite. Mason has to stay away from the offensive penalties that have hurt them the last two weeks and they probably will need a turnover or two to pull this one out. I do think we match up far better than we have in the past two seasons.

The Fox Sports App is trash. No one wants to talk football, just talk trash. I don’t get on there much, but when I do, I just take it for what it’s worth, just a bunch of trash. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to those guys, I don’t recognize many names, so I’m not too sure they are from Refugio. It’s interesting that you talked about dropped passes with this group of receivers, because in the games that I have seen,I have seen just the opposite. When Mascorro was the QB, we had a lot of dropped passes, but I haven’t seen it with Kelley throwing the ball. I guess we will see on Friday. You are right about Kelley being high on some passes, especially in the pocket. I think he throws much better on the move. The only way the score would get high is for either team to get some big plays in the passing game. Patience will be a big key for the team that is successful, and of course turnovers will be a deciding factor in the game. Good Luck.

ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 18/19

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:27 pm

I’ve read on here time and again about how we need to recruit members, yet the #1 place to get new recruits is from the app that you call trash! You do realize that most of the members you rarely see on here anymore spend most of their time on that app now. Lots of Shiner fans that used to come on here are over there now because it’s easier to access and there are just more people to talk to. You might want to take a little different approach if more membership is what we want.

ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 18/19

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

And I really do believe Refugio will put up 35 points on Mason. It will be close in the first half, but Refugio will pull away in the second. That’s why I’m at 35-14 Refugio as a final.

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:51 pm

ComancheAlumni06 wrote:I’ve read on here time and again about how we need to recruit members, yet the #1 place to get new recruits is from the app that you call trash! You do realize that most of the members you rarely see on here anymore spend most of their time on that app now. Lots of Shiner fans that used to come on here are over there now because it’s easier to access and there are just more people to talk to. You might want to take a little different approach if more membership is what we want.

I’m just talking about my opinion on it, and I am not going to change that. I don’t go for all the profanity and sexual innuendos on it. I have that right.

PunchU
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PunchU » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 pm

That app ain't for everyone and this site isn't really for the children on that app. I'm actually surprised by the way some of our members here, talk on that site. Yes, that's coming from me. I hope to see "fire" come on in soon. He won't last long but it might be fun for a post or two.

PunchU
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PunchU » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 pm

MrBob, surely you made a typing error on the pick'em thread?

Puncher Pride

Postby Puncher Pride » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:48 pm

I wouldn’t call what goes on on the app talking. It’s a bunch of grown men acting like 16 year old boys on a play ground, whose insult is the best! I bet most 13 year old girl text messages don’t have as many “lol” as that site. I like to talk football -and read about football, not exchange insults. Oldpunch and others tried to give thoughts on why Mason isn’t just going to get steamrolled in this game with some actual thoughts and people just pile on like a bunch of children. Hell, he didn’t even pick Mason to win and got slammed. That dude has forgot more football than 99% people on that app.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:05 pm

ComancheAlumni06 wrote:I’ve read on here time and again about how we need to recruit members, yet the #1 place to get new recruits is from the app that you call trash! You do realize that most of the members you rarely see on here anymore spend most of their time on that app now. Lots of Shiner fans that used to come on here are over there now because it’s easier to access and there are just more people to talk to. You might want to take a little different approach if more membership is what we want.

The only Shiner poster I miss is Tomahawk Chop.
If he’s over there tell him hello.
I believe we are doing fine here.
I do use the app for updated scores.

ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 18/19

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 pm

Well y’all I was just giving my insight on it as well. As far as you being surprised by what some members of this site say on that app. This is a very filtered environment and in this day and age people don’t like to be filtered all that much. Either way, I like posting on both sites. I’m not on this one as much anymore but I still like chatting with y’all. Been on this site 12 years now.

ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 18/19

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:14 pm

Eagle 1 wrote:

I know him personally. If I see him I’ll tell him. I don’t know if he uses that app or not. Some of the posters over there use different sign in names than they used here. So I don’t know who all of them are.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:37 pm

ComancheAlumni06 wrote:
Eagle 1 wrote:

I know him personally. If I see him I’ll tell him. I don’t know if he uses that app or not. Some of the posters over there use different sign in names than they used here. So I don’t know who all of them are.

Ya I have met him personally a few times.

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:07 am

PunchU wrote:MrBob, surely you made a typing error on the pick'em thread?

No, I’m just behind and I have to take some chances to catch up. I’ve used this tactic before. If Refugio loses, well at least I will gain some points on the pick em contest. If Refugio wins, we’ll that Would be wonderful. Anyway, my pick will not affect the outcome of the game. I will say this, it was sure hard typing Mason in there. 8-)
Last edited by MrBob on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:15 am

ComancheAlumni06 wrote:Well y’all I was just giving my insight on it as well. As far as you being surprised by what some members of this site say on that app. This is a very filtered environment and in this day and age people don’t like to be filtered all that much. Either way, I like posting on both sites. I’m not on this one as much anymore but I still like chatting with y’all. Been on this site 12 years now.

I don’t feel like I’m being filtered on here. But I can talk about high school football all day and never say a damn or hell or anything worse. That’s just the way I am and I’m glad there are options for me and people who want to express themselves with stronger language.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:39 am

MrBob wrote:
ComancheAlumni06 wrote:Well y’all I was just giving my insight on it as well. As far as you being surprised by what some members of this site say on that app. This is a very filtered environment and in this day and age people don’t like to be filtered all that much. Either way, I like posting on both sites. I’m not on this one as much anymore but I still like chatting with y’all. Been on this site 12 years now.

I don’t feel like I’m being filtered on here. But I can talk about high school football all day and never say a damn or hell or anything worse. That’s just the way I am and I’m glad there are options for me and people who want to express themselves with stronger language.

Thank you MrBob.
Now back to the game. This is one of those games that will basically come down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. Any team that is still playing this week deserves to be here. All of the give me teams have been weaded out by now. I suspect that both Mason and Refugio will have a game plan that the other team has not seen before and will execute plays that they haven’t ran all year. That’s what winning programs do.
I won’t be at this one, but I will be tuned in on the radio. Mason has some announcers that are easy to listen to.

PurplePunch
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PurplePunch » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am

I’m on both apps, but the pre- and post-seasons are brutal over there. All the serious posters leave and the idiots and trolls take over - no serious football discussion at all.
That said, I’m concerned about one matchup more than others - Refugio’s passing game vs Mason’s pass defense. During 7v7 Mason’s DB proved they can stick with and defend pretty much anyone, but we haven’t seen a quality passing attack all season. We would have been much better served if Quay Stokes had played for Hawley, in that regard. When Kelly is in rhythm he’s deadly accurate, his receivers run good patterns and establish position well, and the timing is good. The linemen do a good job of keeping a clean pocket, and will run outside rushers past the QB. Very effective.
In others areas I feel that Mason matches up better than the last two years. After watching Mason and Refugio play Shiner and Yorktown on film, and assuming both teams are healthy, I expect a game more like 2014.

ScoutTeamHero

Postby ScoutTeamHero » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 am

I'm going to respectfully disagree with eagle 1. I don't think there are any secrets between these two teams. I think both teams will go out and do what they do best with a few wrinkles but not many this time of year. I think the matchup with Mason's secondary is a valid point. Mason has not been on the field with athletes of this caliber all year. The biggest concern in my mind is Mason has been and still is(despite what many say)a run first team. They make their money being able to run the ball. If they can't move the ball on the ground, which they struggled to do against Shiner, Refugio's defense will dominate and it may get ugly in the second half.

ima puncher

Postby ima puncher » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 am

part of Masons problem against Shiner was to many new wrinkles on offense, 3 straight passes on first possession, if memory correct leading rusher against Yorktown never had a carry against Shiner. In Yorktown game we went back to basic plays and against a team Shiner struggled against we had no problem moving the ball.

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:51 am

Some of the most important factors in this game will be penalties, turnovers and field position. This year's Refugio team has been really good on limiting penalties, and in my opinion, has a lot to do with being more patient at the LOS and not a hurry-up pace that has lead to false starts in previous seasons. Additionally, the Bobcats have taken care of the ball while forcing turnovers pretty much in every game. The field position component will be interesting, because both teams will have to punt at some point on Friday. Jacobe Avery has been punting for the majority of the season, and while it does not have the best hang time he does a great job of getting the ball down the field about 40-50 yards consistently. Maybe a Mason fan provide some insight on how Mason's punter has been this year. Have you guys even had to punt this year, other than the Shiner game? Playing in the Dome, you would think the turf should provide a good bounce and additional yardage on the punts.
I have seen Mason in person this year, and in my opinion, this looks to be the smallest offensive line we have faced in these past 3 years. But, I will point out they are feisty and quick. Refugio's front four will be the biggest, fastest, and strongest line they have faced, for the most part. I would expect Armonie Brown, #51, to get a double team much like he has most of this season. Our linebackers have been very solid, with Sly Henderson reading the run very well, and our stud sophomore, Sido, bringing big hits, speed and last week had a pick 6.
I do think Mason will have to, and be ready to, pass the ball to finish off drives. I thought their QB, Wofford, has made tremendous strides at the position and throws a very accurate ball, and is an equally dual threat running the ball. I do think Wofford is a very under rated passer, and in many ways this offense has probably been working at this phase for this specific game and opponent. The question in this phase will be, can the Mason O-Line hold up all night, and can Wofford deliver those throws accurately with Brown and company pressuring him.
The Refugio secondary has not been our strong point for years now, and there's no secret there. But, they are fast, athletic and have made some picks and break ups all season (but have also been burned being in the proper position.) I do like the change we made in recent weeks by playing Tinsman both ways and at CB. He in my opinion, is the best overall WR we have, and conversely provides more size, speed, and reads and reacts to the ball more naturally than our other CBs. I would expect to see him play more defense this week, especially against the taller, bigger TE and WRs that Mason has.
On special teams, the Refugio kicker sure has been impressive. He made two FGs last week from 31 and 35 yards out, and cleared the crossbar very easily and over it impressively. If need be, I would feel good with a 40 yarder before the half, or in a clutch moment. I think he's made a FG or two in a clutch moment before. But, going back to a previous point about field position- what our kicker provides consistently for us is very deep kickoffs that typically result in touch backs, or being pinned inside the 20. Can a Mason fan tell us about the Puncher kicker this year? I know a couple years ago the kicker they had was very good, and had tremendous distance. But, I'm pretty sure he has graduated.
Last season, I went to the playoff game between Shiner and Mason, a game in which Mason dominated for the vast majority of the game. I also was at the Refugio and Mason game. I felt like both times I saw them last year, Mason's best players were #22 at RB, #67 and #71 on the lines, and #33 at LB. At least those were the players they relied upon the most heavily. Each of those players graduated. After seeing Mason this year, I feel like their offensive key runs through #14 QB Wofford. And additionally, #41 the sophomore RB/LB has gotten better and is well utilized. RB #2 is a dangerous, solid athlete, and between him #41 and #10 the RB stable is very deep.
Having said all of that- I personally feel like the 2014 match-up suited Mason against a very young Refugio team and resulted in a 24-20 Puncher victory (the only victory ever against Refugio.) In 2015, the Refugio team was filled with sophs and juniors, and Mason was depleted with injuries resulting in a 42-7 blowout with Mason scoring on the final possession of the game. Last season, Refugio was filled with juniors and a very talented senior class, but Mason had closed the gap to 28-7 and again scored on the final possession of the game. This year, both Refugio and Mason have many seniors on the field, but the biggest difference is that Mason has a legit passing threat. I do believe the gap closes even more this season. But, I think Refugio holds the advantage in size, speed, strength, and experience. On top of that, the Refugio coaching staff seldom gets the credit they deserve. But, systematically what they do, and what we run is very hard to defend. This year we are more of a passing team, but that speaks to the coaching. This staff doesn't just run the same system every year and try and fit square pegs into circle holes. Instead, they will adjust to what the team strength is and run a system that is most efficient and compliments the strengths of the team.
The window closes in a bit more this year, but I feel like the Champs will hold on and win a low scoring, defensive game somewhere around 27-20.
If a Mason fan is willing to share, I'd like to know about the Mason 1) punter and 2) kicker. But most importantly, I heard the QB left the game last week in the 2nd quarter and didn't return. Can anyone from Mason provide us with an injury update on Wofford?

Can't wait for Friday! GO CATS GO

Puncher Pride

Postby Puncher Pride » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Mason is solid at kicker and punter. #41 is our punter and has very strong leg, maybe not the prettiest form in the world but he is a very powerful kid. Our kicker didn't start out the year as the #1 but moved into that position when our #1 kicker quit. He has never played football, a soccer player, but he has been outstanding. I doubt he has missed more than 2-3 PATs and has made several FGs, I believe a long of 39-40. Burns has attempted several with him over the season from 45+ just to give him a shot and has narrowly missed on two or three occasions. His kick offs are deep and he can directional kick as well. Mason's special teams are very good.

ima puncher

Postby ima puncher » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 pm

4Gata I maybe reading more into than there is but on Purple Punch last post he says" assuming both teams are healthy" I do know last week 2 very key players for Mason did not play. Purple Punch is kinda in the know of all this he may wish to share, I'm curious myself.

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:39 pm

I can tell you that #10 for Refugio Jacobe Avery RB/QB/LB/P did not play last week either against Holland. He could have played if needed and had pads on, but coaches discretion kept him out to provide an additional week of healing for a gimpy ankle. A couple of other guys have some normal wear and tear for week 14 of the season, but I do believe everyone will be suited up and playing come Friday. Additionally, no one else was pulled from last week's game as a precaution. The starters all played until about midway through the third quarter when the reserves then came in.

I am quite intrigued about the Mason QB, however. What I was told was that he came out of the game due to an injury in the 2nd quarter and did not return. Does anyone know the extent of the injury or what body part it was?

Puncher Pride

Postby Puncher Pride » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 pm

He has an injured coccyx and can still throw a football over a mountain.

ScoutTeamHero

Postby ScoutTeamHero » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Puncher Pride wrote:He has an injured coccyx and can still throw a football over a mountain.

The radio guys from Mason need an anatomy lesson then because they reported it as an elbow injury!!! :)) :)) :))

tlbredemeyer

Postby tlbredemeyer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 pm

ScoutTeamHero wrote:The radio guys from Mason need an anatomy lesson then because they reported it as an elbow injury!!! :)) :)) :))

Guess they don't know their elbow from their ....... nahhhhh ... too easy.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:37 pm

tlbredemeyer wrote:
ScoutTeamHero wrote:The radio guys from Mason need an anatomy lesson then because they reported it as an elbow injury!!! :)) :)) :))

Guess they don't know their elbow from their ....... nahhhhh ... too easy.

:)) :)) :))

ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 18/19

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Dang, y’all drowned me out fast. Yalls opinions are yalls and mine are mine. Guess we just disagree. For the record, I never said that any of y’all felt filtered. I’m talking about many that left.
Last edited by ComancheAlumni06 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ComancheAlumni06
Donating Member 18/19

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Anyways, I have a lot of respect for both of these teams. So I won’t be taking a side. I just see it as Refugio being the stronger team this year. Bobcats 35-14

ScoutTeamHero

Postby ScoutTeamHero » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 am

Well I just got the Harris ratings in this week and I guess all those Mason people got what they wanted they get to be the underdog. After weeks of being ranked below Mason Refugio is now #2 and a 3 point favorite.

PurplePunch
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PurplePunch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:19 am

As has been said, it’s late in the season, and there are sore hammies and ankles, back pain, a slightly torn labrum, and other dings galore. We aren’t the biggest guys, but move fast and hit hard, so there are a number of guys that are hurt, not injured. This is the game they’ve been pointing for, so no one will sit this week.
4 pointed out the size discrepancy up front. That would be a classic size v speed matchup, except the Bobcats are big AND fast. A real challenge.
No question that Refugio is the smart pick - but the seniors have been playing together with a lot of success since third grade, and they really want this.
There are times when losing in these watered-down playoffs is almost a disgrace, but these are exceptional teams, and there will be a winner and a loser. Lots of state championship matchups aren’t this good, so everyone needs to savor this game and appreciate the effort and trials the kids and coaches have gone through to get here. Texas High School Football at its best.

ScoutTeamHero

Postby ScoutTeamHero » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am

Punch well said about the kids. Both teams will play hard. These are proud programs and both communities take great pride in them.

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:19 pm

I sure am glad the game is going to be indoors.

Mahir

Postby Mahir » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Refugio really wants this for their community that was devastated by the hurricane and for injured player Casey Henderson and Mason really wants this well because Refugio has destroyed and eliminated them the past 2 years so something has to give but what will it be?

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Well it’s finally game day. Refugio has a lot of respect and gratitude for the Mason people. Good luck tonight and safe travels to the game and back home for both Mason and Refugio. I pray for a great, injury free game for both teams.

PurplePunch
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PurplePunch » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 pm

6:04 pm - kickoff is getting close!

Return to “2A Texas Football”