Munday vs Muenster

Home of the toughest football in Texas
lsg13

Munday vs Muenster

Postby lsg13 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Nobody talking about this,another blowout for Muenster? or can Mundays speed cause them problems?

Goodknight

Re: Munday vs Muenster

Postby Goodknight » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:22 am

Seems everyone believes this will be a huge blowout. Munday has less than 100 kids in high school, but I believe they will give Muenster a game. Coach Corcoran knows Muenster well.

HORNETdad

Postby HORNETdad » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:53 pm

I don’t think people realize our teams speed.... we don’t have a 4.4 guy we have a lot of very quick kids on the field and I mean even our lineman ... heck one of our lineman from last year is now a rb this year #44 he’s pretty darn fast... so when people say if Mundays speed will hurt us... I don’t think so.... but Mundays coach is a good one ... but I really do think we learned our lesson from last year looking ahead... it won’t happen this year... We are a better team this year and I don’t think Munday is.... I think we win by 30+ ... The senior boys even picked to play at memorial stadium again this year to “Return to the scene of the crime” from last year...

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:33 pm

IMO Muenster's tapestry of work this season is greater than Munday's. The only way this game is close is if Muenster turns the ball 3-4 times like last year. I think Muenster comes into this game with a chip on their shoulder and shows that last year's loss was a fluke - which it was since the teams should have gone to OT.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:17 am

HORNETdad wrote:I don’t think people realize our teams speed.... we don’t have a 4.4 guy we have a lot of very quick kids on the field and I mean even our lineman ... heck one of our lineman from last year is now a rb this year #44 he’s pretty darn fast... so when people say if Mundays speed will hurt us... I don’t think so.... but Mundays coach is a good one ... but I really do think we learned our lesson from last year looking ahead... it won’t happen this year... We are a better team this year and I don’t think Munday is.... I think we win by 30+ ... The senior boys even picked to play at memorial stadium again this year to “Return to the scene of the crime” from last year...

My junior year, we blew a game against Haskell in the 1st or second round, was close like 27-21 or something, but we should have won hands down.

My senior year, both teams returned well over 50% of the starters from the year before, they got put in our district....

They could have pressed charges on all of us for the beating we gave them 66-18. That chip on the shoulder means a lot.

justwingit

Postby justwingit » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:40 am

i think yall will be in for a surprise. Munday will give Muenster all they want. It wont be a blow out.

HORNETdad

Postby HORNETdad » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:44 pm

justwingit wrote:i think yall will be in for a surprise. Munday will give Muenster all they want. It wont be a blow out.

Would like to know your thinking here? Have you seen both play? Or you basing on scores or what?

cowboyz

Postby cowboyz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Based solely on scores, I don't see any way Munday has a shot. They played tight games with Seymour and Windthorst. Muenster would trounce those two and pretty much anyone on Munday's schedule. Where is a quality win from Munday this season?

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:40 pm

justwingit wrote:i think yall will be in for a surprise. Munday will give Muenster all they want. It wont be a blow out.

I have all the respect for Munday , & Coach Cocharan and staff, but this year Muenster is just that good!
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:02 pm

cowboyz wrote:Based solely on scores, I don't see any way Munday has a shot. They played tight games with Seymour and Windthorst. Muenster would trounce those two and pretty much anyone on Munday's schedule. Where is a quality win from Munday this season?

This was my thinking. We weren't very good this year defensively and still found a way to slow down Munday. Perhaps some of that had to do with Munday's style of play. Run the clock and play defense. We somehow forced Munday to punt 7 times. I just don't see how this will be competitive.

Even common opponent shows a stark contrast
Muenster 70 Era 0 (Muenster led 56-0 at the half)
Munday 47 Era 13 (Era led 7-0, before trailing 26-7 was 33-13 at the half)
Muenster wins by 4-5 TDs IMO

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:58 pm

https://ccsportstalk.podbean.com/

both of these coaches are being interviewed about this game on cooke county sports talk tonight 6;15 to 6;45 I think. link above
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Pullin' for the Moguls, but Muenster by 30.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy........than to fumble THIS football",
John Heisman

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 am

Pigksin Prep favors Muenster by 28

justwingit

Postby justwingit » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:18 am

Windthorst fan, yall were huge, Muenster is not even close to being that big. Now yes they are talented but by no means are they big. Munday has the best shot to knock them off.

HORNETdad

Postby HORNETdad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 am

justwingit wrote:Windthorst fan, yall were huge, Muenster is not even close to being that big. Now yes they are talented but by no means are they big. Munday has the best shot to knock them off.

We aren’t small... and Albany,Wellington,Tenaha are MUCH MORE of a threat than Munday...

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:28 am

Muenster destroying 3A teams this year. Of course they would be heavily favored to beat a team with 91 kids in high school. They should have beat them last year! Muenster is 2 deep in every position! This is a David and Goliath match-up, and I hope Munday will give them a game. Munday can be proud of their effort this year, regardless of the outcome. Good luck to coach Corcoran and the Moguls.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:20 pm

According to muenster fans on the app munday wont get a single first down. Ouch.

HORNETdad

Postby HORNETdad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:22 pm

GreezyChef wrote:According to muenster fans on the app munday wont get a single first down. Ouch.

That was said by one person... and it was stupid for him/her to say this of course..

chunkitdeep

Postby chunkitdeep » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Muenster has only given up 48 points all year. Their defense has scored 50!!!

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 pm

chunkitdeep wrote:Muenster has only given up 48 points all year. Their defense has scored 50!!!

Yes, Muenster's defense is stout. I have seen Muenster play firsthand this year and I came away from the game impressed by their offense alright, however, I was amazed by their defense. I believe Muenster's defense is the strength of their team. I will be surprised if Munday scores more than two offensive touchdowns, unless of course, it comes off of turnovers or comes late during a time when the game is out of reach. The only chance I see Munday having in this game is if their defense can keep Muenster under 28, but I do not believe Munday's defense will be able to do that. Last year, Muenster turned the ball over 4 times and still scored 34 on Munday. This year's Muenster offense is much, much, much better. As good as a quarterback that Blayne Jones was, Parker McGrew is better. It is hard to believe, but true.

Of course, I have only see Muenster play once. Who really knows what will happen. I would be willing to be on one thing though. I bet Muenster does not wait until halftime to start playing!
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:58 pm

GreezyChef wrote:According to muenster fans on the app munday wont get a single first down. Ouch.

Pretty arrogant alright. But every town has one... There is always one.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:51 am

Abilene paper picks Muenster by 34,it also says Muenster played a "moderate schedule"

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:49 am

lsg13 wrote:Abilene paper picks Muenster by 34,it also says Muenster played a "moderate schedule"

Muenster vs. Munday will more than likely not be close. I am interested to see yall play tonight to see how Albany stacks up against Muenster. Safe travels.

MuensterBob

Postby MuensterBob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:17 pm

As long as we don't turn the ball over, I feel like Muenster wins by three scores. I do believe that it will be closer initially than most expect, though. Munday has great tradition and their coaching staff knows us well. But I think Muenster has more depth and the Moguls lost Dockins and Mitchell from last year.

Muenster 42-20

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Gee whiz, maybe they were right.

1afootball

Postby 1afootball » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:12 am

Finally after 365 days Muenster gets rid of that bad taste in their mouth left by Munday and a taste of sweet victory. lol Proud of our Moguls for never giving up and scoring a last second touchdown as they did last year. Congrats to Muenster, they're the real deal. All I ask for is for Muenster to continue their world domination and give Albany a 55-13 thumping. :-bd
We are few, but we are the Mighty Moguls

Munday Moguls, we're with you,
FIGHT ON TO VICTORY

Return to “2A Texas Football”