bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Re: Albany vs Lindsay

Postby bluedawg » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:36 am

This game will end up not very pretty.

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:45 pm

bluedawg wrote:This game will end up not very pretty.

Albany will be a heavy favorite. Lindsay has faced them in the playoffs numerous times, with not much success. I think there is one playoff win in there somewhere, maybe 10-15 years ago. We're proud of the Knights for making it this far. Either way, they've had a successful season. Let's hope it doesn't get too ugly.

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:03 pm

I think last time we played Lindsay beat Albany maybe 10 to 12 years ago

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:24 am

I'm going with Albany... They are hitting on all cylinders and every facet of the game... Not to mention that they have dodged the injury bug as well...

So, I say Albany Lions by at least 14...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:46 am

Goodknight wrote: Lindsay has faced them in the playoffs numerous times, with not much success. I think there is one playoff win in there somewhere, maybe 10-15 years ago.

2005 Lindsay beat Albany 31-14 in the 3rd round

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
Goodknight wrote: Lindsay has faced them in the playoffs numerous times, with not much success. I think there is one playoff win in there somewhere, maybe 10-15 years ago.

Thanks WF. I knew the stat man would come through. Good grief, the years fly by. I attended that game and was impressed by the class of Albany's team, coach and fans. I believe Lindsay faced them once, maybe twice, in the playoffs, since 2005 and Albany really put a beating on Lindsay. I believe it was the same year Albany had that big bruising running back. This will be a huge challenge for the Knights and they will need to play a perfect game to be competitive.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:10 pm

GOOD LUCK KNIGHTS. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE & YOUR PLAYING PRETTY GOOD NOW
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Goodknight wrote:Thanks WF. I knew the stat man would come through. Good grief, the years fly by. I attended that game and was impressed by the class of Albany's team, coach and fans. I believe Lindsay faced them once, maybe twice, in the playoffs, since 2005 and Albany really put a beating on Lindsay. I believe it was the same year Albany had that big bruising running back. This will be a huge challenge for the Knights and they will need to play a perfect game to be competitive.

Pigskin and I were talking about 2005 Friday night before their game, so it was fairly fresh in my mind!!!

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
Goodknight wrote:Thanks WF. I knew the stat man would come through. Good grief, the years fly by. I attended that game and was impressed by the class of Albany's team, coach and fans. I believe Lindsay faced them once, maybe twice, in the playoffs, since 2005 and Albany really put a beating on Lindsay. I believe it was the same year Albany had that big bruising running back. This will be a huge challenge for the Knights and they will need to play a perfect game to be competitive.

Pigskin and I were talking about 2005 Friday night before their game, so it was fairly fresh in my mind!!!

Would that be the same year Windthorst knocked Lindsay out of the playoffs? Seems Albany and Windthorst were always stumbling blocks for Lindsay. Thanks for the encouragement, Swammy. You guys had a great year. Listened to your game against Crawford. That Epperson kid is fast and he'll be back next year. Lindsay will likely join Collinsville and VV in Div 1 next year.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:29 pm

2005 was the last "united" State Championship, only two teams advanced to the playoffs. Windthorst beat VV that year 28-20 in the second round. Lindsay beat Albany 31-14 in the 3rd round. Windthorst then knocked off Lindsay 31-14 in the region finals. If memory serves me correctly it seemed like the game was going to be tied at halftime but we threw a hail mary pass. It fell incomplete but Lindsay was called for roughing the passer and we booted a 30-40 yard Field goal to take 17-14 halftime lead.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 pm

I posted this on the old yuku board in 2011

2003 WK14 Windthorst 21 Albany 14 Region Finals
2004 WK12 Windthorst 35 Lindsay 6 @Boswell
2004 WK13 Windthorst 28 Albany 19 @WF Memorial Stadium since prev year @Shotwell

2005 WK13 Lindsay 31 Albany 14
2005 WK14 Windthorst 31 Lindsay 14 @Decatur Region Finals
2006 WK13 Electra 41 Albany 20
2006 WK14 Windthorst 41 Electra 7
2007 WK11 Gorman 52 Lindsay 10
2007 WK12 Windthorst 14 Gorman 0
2007 WK12 Goldthwaite 27 Albany 15
2007 WK13 Windthorst 39 Goldthwaite 15
2008 WK12 Albany 20 Windthorst 16
2008 WK13 Archer City 26 Lindsay 9
2008 WK14 Albany 14 Archer 7 Region Finals State Semi-finalist

2009 WK14 Albany 52 Lindsay 13 Region Finals State Runner-up

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Yep, that 2009 Albany Lindsay game was the blowout I was referring to. Coach Carney from Muenster was Lindsay's OC at the time. That's when Albany had that big running back. I believe he went on to play college ball. I had forgot all about that Gorman game! Good years for Windthorst, Albany and Archer City.

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:55 pm

The running back was Elijah Hudson he went on and played college football 99% certain it was Mary Hardin Baylor

Toomb

Postby Toomb » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Yes Elijah Hudson played at MHBU. Made Varsity his freshman year. He had amazing vision of the field, Barry Sanders moves (just didnt have Barry Sanders speed), and had a viscious stiff arm. Was 5' 9" 178 in HS and seen him put some big lineman on their back sides. He got up to 215 in college. Great young man. He would go out of his way to come say thank you to all of us that would be at his college games. He stayed on and coached at MHBU and has moved on coaching at a HS but can not remember where he went to. He got a chance to go coach under a really good coach and cant remember who the coach is either lol.

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Toomb, is he at Central Texas Christian School? I googled him and could not find much, but his name did come up with that school. If you remember where he is at, then please let us know. He was a warrior, and he has a good Biblical name. It would be nice to keep up with him.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:16 pm

bluedawg wrote:This game will end up not very pretty.

As much as I hate to say it, I am afraid you are right. I am afraid our boys are way overmatched in this one. It may be another shellacking like we took in 2009. I just hope our kids can give Albany a game for a while. Regardless, I am proud of these kids. If you would have told me that this team would do better than the team last year (with all the talent and speed that we had last year), I would have laughed at you. But, yet they did. They have overachieved this year. I am proud of them.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:

This is going to sound crazy because I was at this game, but can someone please tell me where this game was played? I have thought about this game a lot lately, and I cannot for the life of me remember where it was played. Lindsay led 10-0 at halftime, and then Albany, on their first possession of the third quarter, threw a pass over the middle, and the safety for Lindsay made an acrobatic interception. I remember the game well, but I cannot remember where it was played. And for all of you who are thinking about making some "under the influence" jokes, I promise you I was completely sober and in my right mind. :D

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 am

I think Burleson not 100% it was metroplex for sure

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 am

Black Magic wrote:
Windthorstfan wrote:

This is going to sound crazy because I was at this game, but can someone please tell me where this game was played? I have thought about this game a lot lately, and I cannot for the life of me remember where it was played. Lindsay led 10-0 at halftime, and then Albany, on their first possession of the third quarter, threw a pass over the middle, and the safety for Lindsay made an acrobatic interception. I remember the game well, but I cannot remember where it was played. And for all of you who are thinking about making some "under the influence" jokes, I promise you I was completely sober and in my right mind. :D

I attended the game as well. The 2005 Albany vs Lindsay playoff game was in Burleson. Windthorst knocked out Lindsay the following week in Decatur.

Toomb

Postby Toomb » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Black Magic wrote:Toomb, is he at Central Texas Christian School? I googled him and could not find much, but his name did come up with that school. If you remember where he is at, then please let us know. He was a warrior, and he has a good Biblical name. It would be nice to keep up with him.

I talked to the Albany football historian (my dad class of 63 lol). Yes that is where he is. And it is Coach Bob Shipely he left Mary Hardin to go coach under at Belton High School. Shipely retired from HS coaching and now works for UT. Not sure how long Hudson has been at Central. As to his name. His twin sister has a name very similar to it (dont remember how it is spelled). Elijah was big into church and that was one of his options he was looking at when he went to college.

There is 12 students of Faith that are coaching.

Flash

Postby Flash » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 am

hey tomb who are the 12, I can think of about 7ish off the top of my head

Toomb

Postby Toomb » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 pm

Flash wrote:hey tomb who are the 12, I can think of about 7ish off the top of my head

Damon Gavin, Elijah Hudson, Leaf and Zane Johnston, Aaron Faith, Rob and Tom Launderhom (sure I did not spell last name right). Rob is at Wall. Got to visit with him when we went to watch this against Iowa Park. Jordan Morales, and there is another one at Mason as well but can not remember who. Some guy named Bobby Smith at Eastland :D Keven Hill does not coach anymore. And Matt Stepp at Breckenridge.

Toomb

Postby Toomb » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Ok after talking to the old man, Trey Underwood is the other one at Mason.

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 am

Trey Underwood does not coach anymore

Flash

Postby Flash » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:37 am

Garvin is at Yoakum, its quite possible that Garvin and Rob face each other for the 3A D1 Title game and another one that I was thinking about not on your list is Ronald Holson Sundown.

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Radio stations broadcasting the game?

Toomb

Postby Toomb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Flash wrote:Garvin is at Yoakum, its quite possible that Garvin and Rob face each other for the 3A D1 Title game and another one that I was thinking about not on your list is Ronald Holson Sundown.

Yes I forgot to put Holson on the list. I thought there were 12 active in coaching and the 13th with Hill not coaching. And I did not know Underwood was not coaching. So back to 11 active and 2 not active. Still pretty good list.

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:22 pm

Toomb wrote:I talked to the Albany football historian (my dad class of 63 lol). Yes that is where he is. And it is Coach Bob Shipely he left Mary Hardin to go coach under at Belton High School. Shipely retired from HS coaching and now works for UT. Not sure how long Hudson has been at Central. As to his name. His twin sister has a name very similar to it (dont remember how it is spelled). Elijah was big into church and that was one of his options he was looking at when he went to college.

That is neat. Sounds like Coach Faith has really made an impact on the lives of several young men. When this life is over, the most important thing will be the lives that we impact, especially those we impact for our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope Coach Elijah continues in his convictions. This world is getting very wicked. It seems to be spiraling downward. It is important to stay tethered to God's Word and His Church.

Thanks for your reply.

Goodknight wrote:
Black Magic wrote:
Windthorstfan wrote:2005 Lindsay beat Albany 31-14 in the 3rd round

I attended the game as well. The 2005 Albany vs Lindsay playoff game was in Burleson. Windthorst knocked out Lindsay the following week in Decatur.

lsg13 wrote:I think Burleson not 100% it was metroplex for sure

I stand deeply humbled. I think I am starting to understand what so many oldtimers have been telling me, because I know I was at the 2005 Albany-Linday game, but I cannot in all honesty ever recall going to Burleson to watch a football game. Before yall mentioned Burleson, I was thinking the game was out west. I knew it wasn't Mineral Wells, and Springtown did not sound right, but I was thinking maybe Breckenridge. My wife went with me and she could not remember the location either (been to so many playoff games), but after I told her about yall saying the game was in Burleson, she said that she remembered and apparently there is a good barbeque restaurant over on the east side of the interstate, because according to my wife, we had a fantastic meal before the game, and she claims that we did some shopping at some mall/shopping center before that. I do not remember any of that happening. Then, after talking to her, I called my brother and he said that Muenster played Albany in Burleson in 2003. I was at that game too. So, apparently I have been to two playoff games in Burleson, and I have no recollection of having ever been there. I can find Burleson alright, but I could not you where the stadium is at. Thank yall for answering my question. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to call Red River and see if I can get a room. I hear Wichita Falls is really nice. :-??
Last edited by Black Magic on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:25 pm

I accidently posted twice.
Last edited by Black Magic on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Black Magic wrote:
Black Magic wrote:
Toomb wrote:I talked to the Albany football historian (my dad class of 63 lol). Yes that is where he is. And it is Coach Bob Shipely he left Mary Hardin to go coach under at Belton High School. Shipely retired from HS coaching and now works for UT. Not sure how long Hudson has been at Central. As to his name. His twin sister has a name very similar to it (dont remember how it is spelled). Elijah was big into church and that was one of his options he was looking at when he went to college.

That is neat. Sounds like Coach Faith has really made an impact on the lives of several young men. When this life is over, the most important thing will be the lives that we impact, especially those we impact for our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope Coach Elijah continues in his convictions. This world is getting very wicked. It seems to be spiraling downward. It is important to stay tethered to God's Word and His Church.

Thanks for your reply.

After posting that, I reread it and realized that I was a little soft on that. I should have said, "the only thing" rather than "the most important thing."

Toomb

Postby Toomb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Black Magic wrote:Now, if you will excuse me, I need to call Red River and see if I can get a room. I hear Wichita Falls is really nice. :-??

What I find funny is my dad and his old high school buddy ride with me to all the games and they talk about Albany games going back to 1958. Yet my dad forgets other stuff all the time. :)) I remember a few years ago there were a lot of games played on Thursday and Saturdays. There were weekends we would watch 4 games. We ended up going to 54 games and that is not counting the state games. I put 6700 miles on my pickup just going to games that year.

Toomb

Postby Toomb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Toomb wrote:
Black Magic wrote:Now, if you will excuse me, I need to call Red River and see if I can get a room. I hear Wichita Falls is really nice. :-??

What I find funny is my dad and his old high school buddy ride with me to all the games and they talk about Albany games going back to 1954. Yet my dad forgets other stuff all the time. :)) I remember a few years ago there were a lot of games played on Thursday and Saturdays. There were weekends we would watch 4 games. We ended up going to 54 games and that is not counting the state games. I put 6700 miles on my pickup just going to games that year.

Razorback
Boss

Postby Razorback » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:I posted this on the old yuku board in 2011

2004 WK13 Windthorst 28 Albany 19 @WF Memorial Stadium since prev year @Shotwell

If my memory isn’t failing me wasn’t it 07 when Windy beat Goldy on a cold misty night? I think that was the one I said I would wear the hat of the team in the lead and after a while even Santa wanted to throw me off the back of the stands. Lol

NEM2.0

Postby NEM2.0 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Do not forget Teagan Brown has been coaching at Baird for the last two years. Another former player of Coach Faith’s!

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Goodknight wrote:I attended the game as well. The 2005 Albany vs Lindsay playoff game was in Burleson. Windthorst knocked out Lindsay the following week in Decatur.

Goodknight, this game was played in Decatur, right? The game in Saginaw was the year before when Windthorst beat us so bad. I am right, aren't I?

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Razorback wrote:

If my memory isn’t failing me wasn’t it 07 when Windy beat Goldy on a cold misty night? I think that was the one I said I would wear the hat of the team in the lead and after a while even Santa wanted to throw me off the back of the stands. Lol

It sounds like you had a blast. Lol

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:20 pm

Toomb wrote:

What I find funny is my dad and his old high school buddy ride with me to all the games and they talk about Albany games going back to 1958. Yet my dad forgets other stuff all the time. :)) I remember a few years ago there were a lot of games played on Thursday and Saturdays. There were weekends we would watch 4 games. We ended up going to 54 games and that is not counting the state games. I put 6700 miles on my pickup just going to games that year.

6700 miles... wow... that sounds like my kind of playoff season! I bet you enjoyed every single mile too.

I went to three playoff games last week. You know, I have never seen Odessa Permian play. I read Friday Night Lights, and listened to Permian play on the radio, but I never saw them in person. Last week, they were playing 5 miles from me, so I took one of my boys and went (big disappointment - Permian looked awful). Anyway, we went to that game, then went down to Fort Worth and watched Holliday play Edgewood. Then we went the next day and watched Lindsay play Menard. I was sad for Menard. They had such an amazing story, and their whole town was really excited about their team. I hated that it ended and that we were the ones that ended it. It was great to go and watch the games though. Fun stuff.

In case I do not get back on here tomorrow (assuming that you are going to the game tomorrow night), be safe driving over there. We may be standing on opposite sides tomorrow night, but when it is all said and done we are on the same team.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

Razorback wrote:If my memory isn’t failing me wasn’t it 07 when Windy beat Goldy on a cold misty night? I think that was the one I said I would wear the hat of the team in the lead and after a while even Santa wanted to throw me off the back of the stands. Lol

Yes sir!!!

Found this on the "old board"

Razorback wrote:I just wanted to say it was awesome to see you guys last night. Man it sure was nasty when we got there and heck I sure took the scenic rouute. I wish I could have met more posters! WIndthorstfan it was nice to see you again and finally got to meet the man behind te awesome pictures. My wife was worried about he being the only wife there so I was glad to see Eagle1's boss there also. MAN I got some hatefull looks when I was wearing that White and blue hat on the Goldy side. I started out wearing it until Goldthwaite tied it up so I switched for a few until Big Blue trotted in for a big score. I kept on the white until it was 28-8 and I started getting looks and even heard someone explaining why I had the white hat on. The whole time Jenn was trying to get me to change because she was worried someone might get mad at me. Well after I explained it to one lady she was ok with it, but I still changed because one guy was so pissed the mist was steaming off his head. Well I will say the Eagles did seem to get a flag every time the momentum started to turn in their favor, and that killed them. I did see a play where one ref on the side of the field as me waited until the goldy guy was clear and then threw the flag. But it didn't help when people in the stands were heckling the refs because that just makes them look harder. One thing I was gonna talk to Eagle about but never did was there was a guy a couple of rows down and to our right that everytime the kids drew a flag or was on the sideline close to us he was yelling "YOU ARE TERRIBLE" "YOU ARE NO GOOD"
I hope he was talking about anyone but the kids, if he thought that of the team he needs to stay home. He might have been taslking to the refs but he did it when refs were on other side of field also.

You have to give it up to the Trojans, they never gave up and even when they were well ahead the leaders of the team didn't throw it in anyones face. They seemed like at the first of the game they started to gel as a team and after they took the lead there was no stopping them. Congrats to Windthorst!

Black Magic

Postby Black Magic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 am

Last night I went and looked it up and found my confusion. Then I noticed that you posted the Windthorst-Lindsay sites. I didnt see sites for the other games so I missed that. lol Anyway, I was thinking that the game in Saginaw was worse than what it was. I think I was getting it confused with a regular season game. Too many games - starting to run together.

Pulling for a good game tonight.

Toomb

Postby Toomb » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Black Magic wrote:
Toomb wrote:

6700 miles... wow... that sounds like my kind of playoff season! I bet you enjoyed every single mile too.

I went to three playoff games last week. You know, I have never seen Odessa Permian play. I read Friday Night Lights, and listened to Permian play on the radio, but I never saw them in person. Last week, they were playing 5 miles from me, so I took one of my boys and went (big disappointment - Permian looked awful). Anyway, we went to that game, then went down to Fort Worth and watched Holliday play Edgewood. Then we went the next day and watched Lindsay play Menard. I was sad for Menard. They had such an amazing story, and their whole town was really excited about their team. I hated that it ended and that we were the ones that ended it. It was great to go and watch the games though. Fun stuff.

In case I do not get back on here tomorrow (assuming that you are going to the game tomorrow night), be safe driving over there. We may be standing on opposite sides tomorrow night, but when it is all said and done we are on the same team.

Grats on a good season to Lindsay. I hope everyone had safe travels. As to watching playoff games. Permian was a beast in the day. I was young back then but man I remember those teams. Sorry to hear it was a let down, but still got the enjoyment of being at a game with your kid. I am taking my old man and a friend to watch Trinity and Lee tomorrow. They said they wanted to go see the Lee band and the Trinity people do their traditional dance. lol

Return to “2A Texas Football”