Ganado's

Home of the toughest football in Texas
ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Ganado's

Postby ganado » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 am

Head coach, Keith Wright resigned yesterday.

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Re: Ganado's

Postby MrBob » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:40 pm

Wow, effective when?
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:53 pm

I believe effective immediately. I'm not sure why an accomplished coach would come to Ganado when there hasn't been talent in the last few years and we are a few more years away. Wright was here in Ganado in 2001-2003. During that stint he was very effective on the field. His daughter passed away in a car accident in Victoria.

The only reason I can think of that he came back last year was to heal the wounds that he felt in Ganado. Recently with his father passing and the state of the Ganado program combined with the past I believe that may have been the reason for him leaving.

This post is not to air dirty laundry but to shed some light on the current situation and let people know Coach Wright is a good man and had good intentions when he came back to Ganado. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that he found the closure that he was seeking here in Ganado.

God bless Coach Wright and his wife.

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:56 pm

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2 ... h-resigns/

GANADO - Ganado head football coach/athletic director Keith Wright resigned from the program Monday. Wright declined to comment about his resignation.

Johnny Lesak has been named interim coach for the Indians.

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:56 pm

He officially resigned today but the word was out Sunday.

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

In his first tenure in Ganado from 2001-2003. His daughter passed away in an accident. One of the teacher elementary son's passed away on the way to Ganado's state semi final matchup against Garrison in an accident. One of the star players mom's passed away also during those few years.

I was in school during those times and I can tell you they were extremely trying times despite the success we had during that 3 year span.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:01 pm

Ganado is serms like you either know the coach personally or speculating ALOT

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 am

Blackshirt wrote:Ganado is serms like you either know the coach personally or speculating ALOT

Part of it is what I have heard and the other part is knowledge. I don't know the exact reason why he left, I didn't personally ask him. Putting myself in his shoes to the best of my ability plus what information I have received that is what I think is the most plausible.

I wish he stayed another 8-10 years to win with the talent coming around the corner. I am bummed out he isn't staying but I understand there are bigger issues here than winning games.

Return to “2A Texas Football”