Casey Henderson - Refugio

Home of the toughest football in Texas
MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Casey Henderson - Refugio

Postby MrBob » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:47 am

If you have not heard, Casey Henderson was injured in Friday's night game between Refugio and Edna. He was halo flighted to San Antonio. Saturday morning, he underwent surgery for two fractured vertebrae in his neck. He is in ICU recovering. What makes this particularly tough is the Henderson's house was a total loss from Hurricane Harvey. If you would like to donate to Casey, you can on PayPal.me/caseystrong or via PayPal at caseyhendersonstrong@gmail.com

Thanks
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

4Gata

Re: Casey Henderson - Refugio

Postby 4Gata » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:00 am

Thank you MrBob. I am planning on visiting Casey on Tuesday. I'll be sure to pass on all of the well-wishes from this site, and I hope to provide us with a great report afterwards.

You can do it 8. We believe in you!

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:53 am

Prayers of health, healing, and recovery for Casey Henderson as well continued prayers of strength for his parents (Charlie & Nichole) and the rest of his family... Continued prayers for this school and this community... Lord, bless and heal Casey and give us faith and strength in this time of great need...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Postby bluedawg » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 am

Prayers going up from Stamford for this young man and his family. Such a scary injury, on top of loss of his home. This family will need all the help and support it can get.

PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Postby PurplePunch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Anguish upon devastation - may this turn into a story of triumph over both, and may this young man, his family, friends, and teammates find strength in his recovery.

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 pm

God bless Refugio and this young man, Casey Henderson. May he have a speedy recovery and the healing of the Lord.

Falcons4life

Postby Falcons4life » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 am

Prayers from Wolfe City.

rhsbobcat93

Postby rhsbobcat93 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:46 am

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:38 am

It is with great joy and pleasure that I am able to provide you all with an update on Casey. I visited him on Tuesday, and was able to spend about an hour with Casey and his parents, Nichole and Charlie. He was happy to see me, as I was with him. We visited and talked about various things. From the time I arrived until the time I left, Casey continuously was in great spirits and kept a smile on his face (Typical Casey.) I asked him "How's it going, how is your progress?"
He was proud to show me that he could turn both of his legs about 3 inches left, right and inward. He told me that his doctors described his right arm to be his weaker arm at the moment, as he lifted it up about 6 inches off the bed. And was excited as he lifted his left arm above his head. (I fought back tears of joy)
His parents told me that a physical therapist had begun visiting him daily as of Sunday. Last evening Nichole had also updated me that Casey was now able to swallow his pills on his own.
His room was decorated with several posters and well-wishes from his teammates, classmates, teachers and others. The hour I spent with him went by quickly, as I could have easily stayed longer talking football with Casey. I told the Henderson's about all of the support and prayers that were being sent up and named the communities on this board that have posted support for him. Nichole told me they could feel it, and they were thankful for everyone's prayers.
During my time there, both parents were taking calls and answering messages as they continued to deal with the repair of their home. It was overwhelming thinking about how much they are dealing with. This prompted me to ask Charlie "How are you holding up bud?" He answered "I'm okay. Casey keeps me going. I haven't seen him get down yet. How can I?" Quite emotional to say the least.

It is important to note that the doctors have told the Henderson's that it will be a long road to recovery. It will takes weeks and/or months before we will know to what extent of use Casey will have in all of his extremities. In other words, we will not know if there will be any partial/full/or impeded use of arms/legs for quite some time. The therapy will be of extreme benefit, but this journey will be incremental.

Please Continue to uplift Casey. Each of your prayers are providing the family with strength.
Thank you all that have contributed to the Paypal account. A special thank you to HawleyRocks. I passed on your message to the Henderson's.

Before I left the room, I was able to hold Casey's hand and pray with him. And as I opened my eyes, I saw Casey still in prayer, with a smile on his face.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:32 am

Brings tears to my eyes. Prayers from Windthorst for continued healings and blessings.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Thank you 4Gata for the much anticipated update from your visit...

Continued prayers for strength and healing for this young man's recovery...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Casey you mean so much to this team. And casey was surely were missed tonite. I bet a long TD would have went your way. Get better young man. Thanks Navarro for all your efforts for hurricane relief and the 2000 raised tonite from navarros fans. That was classy.

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:53 pm

This is an update on Casey, per his mom, as of today Oct. 3rd:

In the past couple of days Casey can now, with assistance, be seated into a wheelchair and is able to move around a bit. This was nice to get out of the bed and room as well.
He is receiving physical therapy frequently, and is gaining strength in all of his extremities. When Casey is in his bed, he can now sit up, with assistance.
Casey continues to be in great spirits, smiling and joking quite a bit. He has set some goals for himself in terms of this recovery, but throughout it all continues to be thankful, appreciative and most importantly faithful.

These were updates that I received via text message. And I look forward to receiving more updates soon. I will be sure to pass them on. Thank you all for your words of encouragement, thoughts, support and continued prayers.

Keep it up 8!

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Thank you for the update.

PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Postby PurplePunch » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:58 pm

That’s all very positive news! You know he will battle, and beat this thing. Go 8!

CanadianFan

Postby CanadianFan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Continued Prayers from Canadian for healing for this young man and for all of Refugio during their time of need.
Canadian Wildcats
2007,2008, 2014, 2015 State Football Champions
2015, 2016 State Basketball Champions
First School in Texas UIL History to win Back to Back Football and Basketball Championships in Consecutive years

PunchFan

Postby PunchFan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 am

Anymore updates on this young man? Prayers from Puncher Nation!

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 am

Here is a positive update from Casey's mom: Casey is now able to sit up on the side of the bed by himself!

He is seeing a PT more frequently and making strides. Little by little, but certainly glad to hear. Keep it up 8! Lots of people thinking and praying for you.

PunchFan

Postby PunchFan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Great news! Continued prayers!

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Yes Sir... Great news.... Continued prayers for this young man... Keep fighting and working...

tackleewe

Postby tackleewe » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:25 pm

4gata its obvious you play a big part in this community. THANK YOU!!! For your Casey updates plus dialog. The things u comment on mean so much more. GGod bless Refugio!!!

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Awesome progress. Prayers for continued healing for Casey and the people of Refugio!

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Casey is making huge strides. He is no longer is an ICU room, and was placed into a normal visiting room a couple days ago. I'm trying my best to provide a photograph, but I'm not the most computer-savy. Every time I try to attach it it keeps telling me my file is too big. I'll find someone that can help me figure it out and post the pic asap. Just wanted to let everyone know that Casey is doing well and received a very encouraging report from doctors today.

From Nichole: "Doctors are telling us that Casey keeps amazing them. They think he will have very minimal, IF ANY, limitations in his extremities. If he keeps this up, they are hoping for a full recovery"

Praise God

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Praise the Lord, so glad to hear this news... Totally awesome... Continued prayers...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:07 pm

On behalf of Casey Henderson, his family, and 4Gata... Here is a great picture of Casey sitting up in his room.... Praise the Lord and I know we all wish continued strides of improvement for this young man...
Attachments
Casey Henderson - 2017.jpg
Casey Henderson - 2017.jpg (124.62 KiB) Viewed 410 times

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:59 pm

Wow very encouraging.

tackleewe

Postby tackleewe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:20 am

Cool pic!!! Thanks. Its good to put a face with a miracle, i think!! Pulli ' for him and his family!!#

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Any new updates on casey??

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:44 am

Yesterday, Casey's mom sent me a message indicating that Casey was starting to move his right hand fairly well and with increased control. That's great to hear, because his right arm has been the one with the least mobility since the injury.
He's chugging along and getting better a little bit at a time. Continued prayers.

abe froman

Postby abe froman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:05 am

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Wow, what a great article and update on everything that is going on with Casey and the Henderson Family... Thank everyone for continuing to share and keep us all up to date... May the Lord continue to bless and help Casey daily in his road to recovery... God bless the entire family and the community and all the workers that are working to rebuild their home... Bless you all and Coach Herring...

Return to “2A Texas Football”