2017 Refugio Bobcats

Home of the toughest football in Texas
4Gata

2017 Refugio Bobcats

Postby 4Gata » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:41 am

I’m happy to report that Monday, Sept. 18th was the first day of school at RISD. There is still a lot of work to be done in the town, and even within the school facilities. But, the kids are finally in an academic setting. Once again, I’d like to thank everyone that has helped, and continues to help, the people of Refugio. I can assure you that the communities of Refugio, Woodsboro, Rockport, Aransas Pass, Bayside, Austwell, Tivoli and Port Aransas (to specifically name a few that I’m aware of) will continue to need assistance in various capacities. If you are able to, please lend them a helping hand.

4Gata

Re: 2017 Refugio Bobcats

Postby 4Gata » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:42 am

Gladly, I’m anxious to talk Refugio football. I’ve had the opportunity to visit with most of the coaching staff in recent days. This is a brief summarization of where the team stands:
• Coming into the start of two-a-days the team featured about 7/7 returning starters on both sides of the ball.
• Over the summer one of the two-way starting lineman, Ivan Tagle, moved to Houston.
• Also over the summer, 2 transfers that are brothers moved in from Corpus. Both of which are immediate impact players. One of them replaces the hole on the line.
• During the first scrimmage, a 3-way scrimmage versus Mathis and San Diego the Champs looked salty allowing one first down total, and scoring 4 times in 20 plays – twice against each opponent. Refugio also totaled 5 sacks and 4 interceptions in those 20 defensive plays.
• After the second scrimmage and week 1 game was cancelled due to the storm, the Champs took the field versus Goliad in week 2. At that point, about 25 football players were still displaced. That number was JV & V combined. Within that number, about 8 of them were impact players for the Varsity & 5 of which were starters.
• Furthermore, Goliad will be a very good team this year. This was a very solid test to open the season, especially given the circumstances for both teams at that point.
• Last week’s BYE week has provided the Champs additional time to condition, and get quality reps in preparation for another solid opponent in Edna.
• At this point, most of the games are being scheduled as away games, with the hopes of playing 1-2 home games at the end of district. Significant damage was done to the visitor side stands during the storm.
• According to the last report I received from Coach Cox, all but one of the starters were back in Refugio. However, I am assuming he may be back now that school is back in effect.
• Contrary to speculation, I have not heard of any students or families that will be leaving Refugio due to the storm. Instead, those with damaged and lost homes are rebuilding and staying in temporary accommodations in the meantime. Some of them were sleeping in the weight room for days after the storm until they found a solution. FEMA trailers will be arriving for families to stay in until their homes are repaired. There are however, many kids that have not returned or did not enroll as of yesterday. Hopefully, they will all return when able to. But, according to the Victoria paper about 90 kids fewer than expected began class yesterday (K-12).
• I have had a chance to watch film on both the scrimmage and the Goliad game. These are my takeaways:
• Refugio still has a very big OL. Size-wise they may be bigger than last year’s line! All-State Center Trey Upton (6’0” -235) has moved to tackle, and junior Armonie Brown (6’3” 235) has already received an offer from D1 – Syracuse. At TE, Senior Matt Castillo moves very well for a 6’4” 295 pounder. Because of the talent of Herring and Mascorro in the previous four years, seniors like Alfredo Villarreal (6’0” 230) are now starting with tremendous playing experience under their belts.
• One of Refugio’s greatest strengths in previous years has been their advantage on the line of scrimmage. I feel pretty good that by the time the playoffs come around this group of lineman will be very good again.
• The Champs have 3 stud RBs to choose from. Senior Jacobe Avery, last year’s QB, moves back to his natural position. Senior Daryon Ramirez and sophomore Ysidro Mascorro roughly accounted for 1000 yards each last season. All three of those guys are similar in size (5’8” and 185-200)
• Sophomore QB Jared Kelly takes over at the helm, and has already committed to D1 – TCU for baseball, having been clocked at 93 mph over the summer. Kelly (6’2” 200) throws a good ball and also has no problem tucking the ball and lowering his head. In my opinion, he’s more accurate that Quintanilla was in his sophomore season (in which we won the championship.)
• The receiving corps does not have the one mega-stud WR that we have had in the recent seasons in terms of physical size. But, Trent Ross (6’0 165) and Jamel Lafond (5’9 160) are two seniors that lead a group that is about 5 deep at the position which includes junior speedster Casey Henderson.
• Defensively, we will certainly miss Trace Mascorro at NG, Kobie Herring at LB, and D’Mond Lafond at FS. Upton has moved to NG, Ysidro and Senior Sylvester Henderson (5’7” 200) take over at LBs, and D1 talented DE Armonie Brown is wreaking havoc on the DL. Our CB’s are better than last year’s CBs, which was an area that was an off-season focus of the coaching staff. This defensive group is fast, aggressive and swarming. Again, by playoff time I expect them to be very good.
• Junior Kicker Diego Gonzales returns after having booted the state championship winning FG. He’s a little guy with a big foot. And another strength that Refugio will have is a kicker that kickoffs into the end zone consistently. Making opponents drive 75-80 yards of the field regularly.
• The Coaching staff added Coach Spiegelman from East Bernard which adds tremendous knowledge in and of the Slot-T offense, and defending run based offenses.
• This three game stretch of playing at Goliad, at Edna, and at Navarro will be a stout opening to the season for the Cats. I like the fact we will be battle-tested early.
• And lastly, one member of the team that will be ever present and ever-motivating this season is Harvey (Category 4). The champs are donning helmet stickers that read REFUGIO STRONG with the O on Refugio depicted as a hurricane. Trust me when I tell you that the team is playing for something greater than themselves. They were already going to be a very good team as it was, but they now have a new mission and focus. By the time playoffs come around, you can be certain this Refugio team will be very hard to beat.
Have a great season Champs!
B.B.O.B.

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

aRe: 2017 Refugio Bobcats

Postby MrBob » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Thanks for the update 4Gata. I was at the scrimmage in Mathis and yes, the Bobcats were very dominant, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I'm glad to finally get to talk about football again, but I know it will still be a long road back for the residents of Refugio.
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Wow great stuff there. Glad to see the school and town recovering.

ManInBlack

Postby ManInBlack » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Really good Bleacher Report article on Refugio, Harvey, & the game against Goliad

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2734453-football-hurricane-harvey-refugio-texas

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:18 pm

So sorry to hear about the injured young man. Prayers he has a full recovery.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Prayers are nice but why do so many people only say prayers for this or that. Many people say ill pray
for you but thats it. Soooo knowing this family lost their home and now this horrible tragedy instead of prayers if your able why not take the good fortunes you have and actually help this family. A nice gesture perhaps pay for mothers nite at a hotel or her meals while in san Antonio. Im sure prayers are appreciated by this family BUT a quick prayer and then forget about it solves nothing. Step out of the comfort zone and actually help someone. Look at it this way God gave you the fortune and blessing to help maybe action is what he wants from you.

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm

This is a certainly a very tough time in Refugio. For me, this injury is particularly difficult. I absolutely love Casey. He's a great kid, and part of a great family. Casey's a lot of fun to watch play football. He's what I would describe as "lightning in a bottle." One of many reasons why is he so likable. For a smaller guy, he plays so big and has a huge impact on the field. He's difficult to defend because of his quickness and precise route running. Defensively, he's so athletic that he can hold his own marking an opposing receiver. And on special teams, the crowd holds their breath when he touches the ball because it feels like he can break a big play at anytime.
As much as I would like to provide an update, out of respect for Charlie and Nichole I think it's best at this time that I do not post anything other than what I know to be a fact. I do know that Casey came out of surgery this morning and that procedure went well. This meaning that there were no complications in that surgery. Everyone is eagerly awaiting more news and reports, but the truth of the matter is that the entire seriousness of this injury will not be known for quite some time. There will be a very long road to recovery, and in the meantime we will all continue to pray for God's healing. Any, and every, bit of progress will be welcomed - no matter how long that may take.
In addition to prayers for Casey, and his family, I will also echo the sentiment that financial assistance is a valuable means of assistance for the Henderson's at this time. There will be a bank account set up for the family very soon, and as soon as I get the details I will share it as well. In the meantime, there is no such thing as too many prayers in my opinion.

I am trying to give careful thought to what I type or talk about these days. At times it feels like we are taking one step forward, jumping a hurdle, and then taking two steps back. But, as I mentioned we will be grateful for any bit of progress during this rough spell. This was like a major punch to the stomach for me.
If only, it could just all go away....

Uplifted prayers, and God's healing-
Stay Strong 8
We love you

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Yes this is what i mean. Too many JUST say ill say a prayer for you. God might just want more than a prayer out of us. If fortunate enough to have extra time or money help someone. By all means say a prayer but if you do this only because it doesnt hurt you in time spendt or your pocketbook then you just might need to reevaluate what god wants from you. And yes i type this also treading very cautiously too.

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Blackshirt wrote:Yes this is what i mean. Too many JUST say ill say a prayer for you. God might just want more than a prayer out of us. If fortunate enough to have extra time or money help someone. By all means say a prayer but if you do this only because it doesnt hurt you in time spendt or your pocketbook then you just might need to reevaluate what god wants from you. And yes i type this also treading very cautiously too.

I don't know if this is the right place to do this, but I'm going to do it anyway. Blackshirt, what I hear you saying is prayer is nice, but money is more important. It's the other way around, money is nice, but prayer is the most important thing. Money will help temporarily, prayer is forever lasting.

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Continued Prayers for Healing for Casey and continued prayers for his family (Charlie and Nichole)... Lord help this young man and this family in their hour of need...

Thank you Mr. Bob...

Continued Blessings for this community....
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

retchbh

Postby retchbh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Thank you Mr. Bob and continued prayers for Casey and his family. May God hold Casey in His hands.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Well if prayers were enuff then 7 million people didnt pray hard enuff before Harvey hit and Refugio didnt pray hard enuff that all players would go injury free and fans returning to their homes would be safe? God gave us minds to go thru life he gave intelligence to surgeon s etc to take care of his people etc. Im just saying prayers are fine but didnt keep people safe from Harvey or a fine young man from refugio from being hurt. Im just saying at this time more than everyone saying ill say a prayer for you is needed. God wants us to help one another. He hears your prayers but actions are on us to do his work. These natural disasters and injuries cant be avoided or prayed upon but god has given us abilities to think and wants us to help each other. Maybe thats more of his lessons in life for us to overcome and see how we react to helping one another. And if you half to ask im fully christian here.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:26 pm

Im sure many have faith but whatever you ask in prayer you will receive if you have faith. Yes but you are taking this too literal you cant ask for just anything and if you have faith it will come true. If Thats the case then we should have prayed harder for an injury free game. Its just unrealistic and many at that game im sure had plenty of faith. God gives us minds to think. You are taking one verse and simplify it too much.

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:57 pm

We don't always get what we ask for. I lost my wife of 45 years in April. I prayed a bunch for her to be healed, but it did not happen. God has a plan for all of us, and that was his plan for her. But I will tell you, no amount of money would have kept her from passing. I would give everything I have to get her back. But I still pray. I thank God for putting her in my life. I thank God for the 45 years we had together. I thank God for the two children we had together, and for their families. I pray for God to comfort me and my family during a difficult time. You can't buy those things. In Casey's situation, we thank God that the surgery went well. We pray for a complete recovery. We pray for comfort for Casey, his family, his friends, and team mates. We pray that God ease his pain. These are things money cannot buy. Look, money can definitely be helpful to the family and I will definitely donate some. But in my opinion, I think prayer is much more powerful than money.
Last edited by MrBob on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Razorback
Boss

Postby Razorback » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:02 pm

I bet there are a lot of people that have donated or wish they could donate to help with hurricane repairs, but a lot that cannot. Everyone agrees that financial help is a good thing but you really shouldn't discount prayers. You really are not doing much other than seem crass and abrasive. If you truly believe then you know God has a plan and it is not always in our favor but it is all a part of it. There has been so much good that has come from the hurricane already. Look how people have come together and shown how people should work together. But you do what makes you feel better about yourself and don't try to discredit those whe feel praying is the best that they can do.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 pm

MrBob, that was an incredible post, but I totally understand why you deleted it. Brought a tear to my eye.
Defense wins Championships!

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Eagle 1 wrote:MrBob, that was an incredible post, but I totally understand why you deleted it. Brought a tear to my eye.

Well, I thought about it and decided that it needed to be said. So I put it back.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:33 pm

MrBob wrote:
Eagle 1 wrote:MrBob, that was an incredible post, but I totally understand why you deleted it. Brought a tear to my eye.

Well, I thought about it and decided that it needed to be said. So I put it back.

Thanks for sharing.
Defense wins Championships!

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 pm

I didnt say those who are praying only is baf if its all they can do is bad. But soooo MANY throw around the Ill pray for you too much and do nothing more when they can. When so many have so much and live in wealth while their fellow man is hurting and without is very sinful. And yes i know god and have a great relationship. Im just saying those who can need to help those who cant. Living in excess is a sin.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Mr. Bob yes i do like your post. Yes god has a plan for all of us. We can pray for injury free games etc. But when this doesnt happen it doesnt mean god has betrayed us. We agree he has a plan. Yes prayers are good. God wants us to help each other more than prayers. We should give and not just when its comfortable. Time is also a way to give. I can tell you have a good heart. Im not talking about you. You said you pray and GIVE this is all im saying. People need to do more is all im saying. God hears our prayers and says i hear you now go help your fellow man. You say you do this I believe you but many dont. I will continue to pray and give and yes im christian and a sinner and need to do even more than i do im not perfect.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Ok well enuff about this. How fo you think refugio can go about winning against Navarro? Navarro doesnt seem as strong but still a 4 and 0 Class 4A school.

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Yes, it's time to get back to talking about football.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Sooo mr bob how in ur opinion do u think refugio can get a win against Navarro??

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:51 am

I would love to say they have a chance to win, but I don't give them much of a chance. At this point in time, they are quite a bit behind last year's Refugio team. I do not think this year's Navarro team is as good as last year's team, although they are pretty darned good. I think Refugio will have to play a pretty good game to keep it at 14 points or under. JMO. But, then again, I didn't expect last year's game to be as close as it was.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:04 am

Yes i agree. One hooe though Navarro struggled to beat Marion and Goliad whipped Marion. I kno in football you cant go by comparison scores its about matchups but fun stat to look at.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am

Ok ill make a prediction although im usually way off. Refugio 33 navarro 31.

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:32 am

Navarro beat up on LaGrange pretty good last Friday, but, like I said before, they are not the team they were last year. Much will depend on how good Jared Kelley, Sophomore QB, plays. He has not faced as good of a defensive backfield as he will be facing on Friday, plus Navarro will pressure him. The other question will be how well Refugio's front plays the run. An optimistic score, imo, would be 28-21 Navarro.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:10 pm

I know neither team wanted to schedule this game but last year i think it helped both teams tremendously. I dont know if Lagrange is a good measuring stick tho. I believe they lost 70 to 0 in week 1. But that was to Argyle which i think has a great chance to win state. Fact check me if im wrong. But its about matchups still.

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:15 am

A welcomed re-addition to the Bobcat roster returned on Monday. Senior, Ivan Tagle, whom is a 3 year returning two-way starter (OL/DL) moved back to Refugio. He began practice this week, and I believe by rule will be eligible to play beginning next week.
We were big on the line already, but this beef and experience is only going to strengthen it.

I really like what I've see through two games. The passing game has been efficient. Our defense looks really good. Especially Armonie Brown, who has been disruptive at will. The biggest drawbacks so far have been continuity. We haven't played a game yet with all of our starters in place. But, by the time late district rolls around, this Bobcat team is going to be salty.

endguardtackle

Postby endguardtackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:57 am

4Gata wrote:A welcomed re-addition to the Bobcat roster returned on Monday. Senior, Ivan Tagle, whom is a 3 year returning two-way starter (OL/DL) moved back to Refugio. He began practice this week, and I believe by rule will be eligible to play beginning next week.
We were big on the line already, but this beef and experience is only going to strengthen it.

I really like what I've see through two games. The passing game has been efficient. Our defense looks really good. Especially Armonie Brown, who has been disruptive at will. The biggest drawbacks so far have been continuity. We haven't played a game yet with all of our starters in place. But, by the time late district rolls around, this Bobcat team is going to be salty.

The tradition continues!!! Only in Refugio!!! The Herring/ Slanina/Sonora tradition continues!! Haha!! Does anyone want to gamble me that there WILL be another? Bet...

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:57 am

The kid that just came back was displaced by Hurricane Harvey I believe.

endguardtackle

Postby endguardtackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:11 am

No sir!!!! They left way before. June or early July before storm. Its good to know my Harvey donation time/dollars are goin to good use!!! Ive donated my last!!!
Last edited by endguardtackle on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:37 am

endguardtackle wrote:No sir!!!! They left way before. June or early July before storm.

oh ok. Well then, this is still good news for Refugio.

ManInBlack

Postby ManInBlack » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:49 am

endguardtackle wrote:No sir!!!! They left way before. June or early July before storm. Its good to know my Harvey donation time/dollars are goin to good use!!! Ive donated my last!!!

You need to quit being an ass since you don’t know the kid or his family. Moved to Houston this summer, forced to move back because they lost their home in Houston due to flooding and have nowhere else to go. You should feel like a complete jackass for insinuating they are recruiting or paying for people to move back.

ManInBlack

Postby ManInBlack » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 am

It’s also funny how you want to throw stones and accuse Refugio of shady stuff because it sure seems like your Punchers have suddenly had an influx of players from Wimberley. Two of your best players moved in from there the last two years, yet you didn’t hear anybody say anything about that. Also, don’t forget about the player that moved in from Christoval

endguardtackle

Postby endguardtackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Thats amazing!! You assume im from Mason.... Im actually from a smaller school in Central Tx. Dont 'pull' for them but do for anyone vs herring. The greatest 'self-promoter' in small town football. I was in Sonora back then.... I know him. Riddle me this, where was the camera when herring was doing ALL of his Harvey speeches? On him . Kids never said a word. Refugio cheats!! God bless Tagle! But convince me, show me a pic of Tagle house before he left refugio, a pic of house in houston, a pic of home NOW back in harvey ravaged refugio. Cant do it....cuz u cheat!!!

ima puncher

Postby ima puncher » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:20 pm

I might move to if I inherited my Dads ranch and new house as is such the case, also one move back left originally for parents career opportunity which abruptly ended and now has returned to Mason his old hometown.

endguardtackle

Postby endguardtackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Tell me about a rich dad 4gata, mr bob...the difference is that you never hear of these issues ANYWHERE else except around jason herring. Explain that. You winder why people hate yall? Watch donations stop now

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:46 pm

endguardtackle wrote:
4Gata wrote:A welcomed re-addition to the Bobcat roster returned on Monday. Senior, Ivan Tagle, whom is a 3 year returning two-way starter (OL/DL) moved back to Refugio. He began practice this week, and I believe by rule will be eligible to play beginning next week.

The tradition continues!!! Only in Refugio!!! The Herring/ Slanina/Sonora tradition continues!! Haha!! Does anyone want to gamble me that there WILL be another? Bet...

What is the Herring/Slanina/Sonora tradition? I've never heard of this before. Oh, and by the way, I've seen plenty of interviews with Refugio players since the storm.

endguardtackle

Postby endguardtackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:22 pm

A REMINDER OF OUR RULES.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11

DO NOT BASH PLAYERS OR COACHES.

:-t :-t :-t

Edited by Eagle 1.

ManInBlack

Postby ManInBlack » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:52 pm

ima puncher wrote:I might move to if I inherited my Dads ranch and new house as is such the case, also one move back left originally for parents career opportunity which abruptly ended and now has returned to Mason his old hometown.

I was not insinuating that there was anything shady going on there, just pointing out that Refugio kids move and then come back to Refugio “because Refugio cheats” - yet nobody says anything at all about it when y’alls tremendous program gets move-ins or “move-backs”

Mowdy Ag

Postby Mowdy Ag » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:12 pm

It appears that this site is being infected with the same type of poster that ruined the other one.

Unfortunate.

endguardtackle

Postby endguardtackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:31 pm

You've been warned about bashing coaches above....

edited by Windthorstfan

endguardtackle

Postby endguardtackle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Mowdy Ag wrote:It appears that this site is being infected with the same type of poster that ruined the other one.

Unfortunate.

Probably, im the only one who will say something. Wheres blackshirt when u need him.hes an idiot but not gonna lie!!!

Mowdy Ag

Postby Mowdy Ag » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:07 pm

endguardtackle wrote:
Mowdy Ag wrote:It appears that this site is being infected with the same type of poster that ruined the other one.

Unfortunate.

Probably, im the only one who will say something. Wheres blackshirt when u need him.hes an idiot but not gonna lie!!!

Point proven.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Hey blackshirt is HERE. Lol i am an idiot sometimes i agree. Tagle moved back so what he was from Refugio anyways. Big part of last 2 teams that played at state. Good for him. Im sure outside of football he wanted to graduate with his friends. Seems to me someone feelings get hurt that Refugio whipped his team or PURE jealousy of their success. Lol im sorry if i come across as an idiot sometimes. Im really nice actually. Ha im no Hoodini troll you know.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:26 pm

endguardtackle has been banned by me. That is enough of that bull excrement!

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Saw the game Refugio still pretty darn impressive.

4Gata

Postby 4Gata » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Three solid opponents to start the season for the Champs. I saw the film on the Navarro game, and Refugio made some costly mistakes. Namely, the first half fumble and the missed FG. But, a lot of that can be attributed to a very good Navarro team as well. Refugio looks to still be a bit out of a consistent sync, but considering the factors they still look really good. That's certainly a benefit of playing good opponents, they will show you what does (and doesn't) work. What a war all night between Armonie Brown and #76 (6'6" 300) That really showed just how talented Armonie is!
Thankfully, Refugio as a team and town, is beginning to find a sense of regularity in their daily schedules. I would expect the Bobcats to start looking sharper each week, especially with some upcoming opponents where we can most likely polish some areas.
I'm also looking forward to seeing Tagle back in the lineup.

Return to “2A Texas Football”