The way I see Dist 8 ending up:
1. Mart - Not much I can say that would add to what they're already doing on the field.
2. Italy - I think they step it up a level this year. Physical O/D lines and enough skill experience to make a difference and move up a spot.
3. Riesel - Possibly the least hard-hit (of 3, 4 & 5) with graduation and kids got a taste of the playoffs last year. Good coaching and the varsity kids step it up.
4. Bosqueville - Mostly new skill guys going through the learning curve but solid O/D line helps limit the difficulties, to a point. Only 5 seniors this year.
5. Axtell - Probably the hardest hit with low numbers and having to use younger players. The handful of experienced guys are legit, and a few of the newbs are playing well, but if injuries happen they could again be looking at a lot of true JV-level kids playing varsity. Only 4 seniors this year (I'm told).
6. Itasca - Pretty much the same since we've been playing them. Always look like they have decent size on the O/D lines and a handful of athletic kids, but just can't get the W's for some reason.
This is my best GUESS. 1, 2 & 6 are pretty obvious IMO. 3, 4 & 5 are almost too close to call and not enough games yet to get good info. Maybe come district time a hierarchy will reveal itself. Overall besides Mart, not one of the strongest districts on paper. But you never know, maybe a few teams will kick it up come playoff time.