Helmet visors

Home of the toughest football in Texas
Bonecrusher
Donating Member 16/17

Helmet visors

Postby Bonecrusher » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Heard a rumor through the grapevine that helmet visors will be illegal for TX high school football. I'm having a hard time believing that one. I could see them not allowing tinted or chrome, but doesn't make sense for a clear one.
A quick search through UIL rules didn't reveal anything, but not sure where else to look. Anyone know how/where to confirm this? I know in central TX there's a fair number of teams/players that use them.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Re: Helmet visors

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 am

Don't know anything about a ban, but I know there are teams out there that have used the fingers in the face tactic against our position players, so visors are certainly the way to stop this, but I can also understand if they outlawed tinted or chrome at the high school level...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:26 am

I believe tinted and chrome visors were banned in 2006 by the NCAA which are the rules UIL uses.

WTFM

Postby WTFM » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 am

I haven't heard anything about a visor ban. I do know that we don't allow our players to use. I get tired of having to take them off in the middle of game because they are fogging up.

Return to “2A Texas Football”