2017 Dist 6 Div I (Bells, Blue Ridge, Celeste, Collinsville, Tom Bean, Trenton, Valley View)

Home of the toughest football in Texas
Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Re: 2017 Dist 6 Div I (Bells, Blue Ridge, Celeste, Collinsville, Tom Bean, Trenton, Valley View)

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:10 pm

:-bd
Black Magic wrote:I am pulling for a Valley View/Collinsville rematch as well! Swammy, I do not know how my day will go tomorrow, but I do know that I will be in Fort Worth for a big part it. If I am still there tomorrow evening, I may head down to Burleson and help you pull for the Eagles.
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Goodknight

Re: 2017 Dist 6 Div I (Bells, Blue Ridge, Celeste, Collinsville, Tom Bean, Trenton, Valley View)

Postby Goodknight » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:38 pm

This is the best VV team we've seen in awhile. I know Crawford has a good program, but I'm going out on a limb to predict a VV upset of Crawford. Cheering for the Cooke and Grayson County teams. Good luck to all.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:05 pm

I don't think if VV wins it can be considered an upset. Most projections models have Crawford a 1 point favorite. Winning a game that is a pick em is not an upset

BigTweet

Postby BigTweet » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:I don't think if VV wins it can be considered an upset. Most projections models have Crawford a 1 point favorite. Winning a game that is a pick em is not an upset

Windthorstfan...are you the stats guy for Windthorst?
And fight goes with that......

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:37 pm

BigTweet wrote:
Windthorstfan wrote:I don't think if VV wins it can be considered an upset. Most projections models have Crawford a 1 point favorite. Winning a game that is a pick em is not an upset

WF can give you the stats for any team in 2A! I think I know where you are going with this.

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 pm

I knew I shouldn't have gone out on the limb! VV had 3 turnovers in the first half.

Crawford 30
Valley View 6 at half.

Collinsville 14
Bosqueville 13 at half

BigTweet

Postby BigTweet » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Goodknight wrote:
BigTweet wrote:

WF can give you the stats for any team in 2A! I think I know where you are going with this.

I ran the chains for the game tonight...was talking to the Wt stats guy...was just wondering if it was him

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:23 pm

BigTweet wrote:

Yes sir!!!

BigTweet

Postby BigTweet » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:54 am

Haha...i was the down marker guy for the game...nice to meet you

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 am

Nice to meet you too! Best wishes and safe travels

cowboyz

Postby cowboyz » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:43 am

So, now that our district is eliminated from the playoffs how does everyone feel about their future going forward? I'm optimistic that with another year under their belt in coach West's system Collinsville can move forward next year. We get alot of our offensive production back, DB and linebackers are returning. We lose alot of big O and D linemen but we keep a few too. Everything is going to hinge on replacing those linemen. Our numbers playing football are up and hopefully a playoff win (and almost another) has got everyone bought in. Hit those weights hard and get stronger in the offseason and we just may surprise a few people in 2018.

Also, any guesses on realignment? I know Bells is gone, hopefully adding Lindsay. Interested to see who coach West is aiming to get in predistrict.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Blue Ridge is going up too. They turned in 231
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Heck of year for Collinsville and VV. Both teams with good coaches and they improved every game. New coach at Collinsville did some good things. Lindsay will likely join their old rivals in the District next year.

chunkitdeep

Postby chunkitdeep » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 am

cowboyz wrote:So, now that our district is eliminated from the playoffs how does everyone feel about their future going forward? I'm optimistic that with another year under their belt in coach West's system Collinsville can move forward next year. We get alot of our offensive production back, DB and linebackers are returning. We lose alot of big O and D linemen but we keep a few too. Everything is going to hinge on replacing those linemen. Our numbers playing football are up and hopefully a playoff win (and almost another) has got everyone bought in. Hit those weights hard and get stronger in the offseason and we just may surprise a few people in 2018.

Also, any guesses on realignment? I know Bells is gone, hopefully adding Lindsay. Interested to see who coach West is aiming to get in predistrict.

You make it sound like Collinsville was down?? The went 3 rounds deep the year before I believe. They seem to always have competitive teams

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 pm

chunkitdeep wrote:You make it sound like Collinsville was down?? The went 3 rounds deep the year before I believe.

Negative, lost in the second round to Crawford 41-21. Granted outside of Mart and Refugio it was Crawford closest game amongst 2A teams. Then again Collinsville did finish 2nd in district last year and finished 4th this year.

Return to “2A Texas Football”