Tenaha Tigers Football 2017.

Home of the toughest football in Texas
GreezyChef

Re: Tenaha Tigers Football 2017.

Postby GreezyChef » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 am

Gray Ghost wrote:Greezy, actually my wife and I are going to take the motorhome on a shake down trip to the game. Had a problem with the ECM, engine would lose signal from throttle position indicator, on last trip and I need to see if Cummins fixed the problem before we take off on a long trip. Look for me, I'll be with no. 60s folks. Be safe.

Oh ok cool.

We look like a totally different team on offense. Looking at the stats we had 10 more rushes than last years average and around 11 less pass attempts. Still very effecient at 10 yards per ATTEMPT in the passing game, thats an elite statistic. In the passing game we only had 13 attempts with 10 completions. Not bad. One of the incompletions he threw away, one was intercepted and the other Trai let bounce off his helmet because he was exhausted and injured. The interception he was just a half second too late with the ball. Imho that was pretty gritty playcalling by our staff. In the redzone I think we only had 2 pass attempts. Pretty obvious whats going on. We are forming a new identity.

For those that think our offense struggled, go look at the stats. Then come back and talk to me.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 pm

You figure we pull the old serbian jew double bluff on Kerens this week and come out throwing it downfield about 25 times?

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:37 am

#9 for Kerens has a huge heart and played his guts out. Great game by him on defense. Made something outta nothing on the td for sure. Gritty kid.

Its coming together. All the pieces are falling into place. Schedule gets easier from here on out till playoffs. Our kids looked less energetic last night for some reason not sure if tired from hard practices or what. Definitely dont have their heads down just seemed low energy. Except for #60, #52, and #4. #4 never came off the field and made some tough runs. We got to get healed up.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:31 pm

GreezyChef wrote:#9 for Kerens has a huge heart and played his guts out. Great game by him on defense. Made something outta nothing on the td for sure. Gritty kid.

Its coming together. All the pieces are falling into place. Schedule gets easier from here on out till playoffs. Our kids looked less energetic last night for some reason not sure if tired from hard practices or what. Definitely dont have their heads down just seemed low energy. Except for #60, #52, and #4. #4 never came off the field and made some tough runs. We got to get healed up.

Agree with you on no 9, he came to play. I was beginning to get frustrated in first half with offense, but they started to settled down after the half when both the defense and running backs started to make statements.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy........than to fumble THIS football",
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Gray Ghost wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:#9 for Kerens has a huge heart and played his guts out. Great game by him on defense. Made something outta nothing on the td for sure. Gritty kid.

Agree with you on no 9, he came to play. I was beginning to get frustrated in first half with offense, but they started to settled down after the half when both the defense and running backs started to make statements.

Got to look at it through the coaches eyes. We were without #11 on offense. Hes about 40% of our yardage and a big play threat. And in the first half we were working on our biggest weakness at this point which is the right side of the offensive line. On top of that we lose #27 about 3 snaps into the game. I think he was going to be a big part of the game plan last night. So all is not how it may seem. I like us right now. We are gritty as a piece of #40 sandpaper. We found out some answers last night especially at right guard. He was opening up those long runs and is a going to be a great trap blocker. Its coming together. Just got to get healthy.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:36 pm

I will say this as a negative against the playcalling last night, I thought with #11 out and after 27 went down that #1 shoulda gotten used more on offense. He was a huge component last year and had 2 touches last night. We have got a stable of running backs. If one goes down let the next man step up. #1 coulda been that guy imho.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Gray Ghost wrote:Greezy, actually my wife and I are going to take the motorhome on a shake down trip to the game. Had a problem with the ECM, engine would lose signal from throttle position indicator, on last trip and I need to see if Cummins fixed the problem before we take off on a long trip. Look for me, I'll be with no. 60s folks. Be safe.

I guess the RV did ok? I froze my butt off on the bike on my trip home. Around Jacksonville it dropped to 62 degrees. At least i had plenty to think about after the game though. I really like that kind of win. Before we beat em, Kerens was ranked in the top 20 on Maxpreps. And if you really look at maxpreps rankings they are as fair and accurate as you can find imho.

According to the maxpreps current rankings for 2ad2 we set behind #1 Muenster at #2 and ahead of #3 Bremond. Muenster handily beat valley view as well as 3ad1 Pilot Point. Beat em both badly. Held pilot point to less than 200 yards i believe. I really feel like thats 2 teams we'll have to see if we can run the gauntlet to state. With the winner of Falls City and Burton in between. So the last 2 teams to put Horn out of the playoffs stand between him and the rings. Sweet redemption?

We got 1-1 GCA at home this week and Im not too sure about what they bring to the table. I expect more of the same from Tenaha. Strong defense and pounding the rock. Teams are giving us 1 on 1 match ups outside and if Foshee and Trai are back on offense I expect we'll start shooting some downfield. That drop by #21 last week hurt my heart but he sure did redeem himself with that interception. Athletic play. #80 has had 2 big penalties that hurt us but thats just a matter of maturity. Hes only a sophomore. Both them guys are doing a good job filling in while we get healthy. Just stop dropping td passes and killing drives with penalties :lol:

Week 3 is the telltale week in my book. Lets see what we got.

Edit: actually they have Albany at #3 now, Bremond slipped to #4.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:51 pm

GreezyChef wrote:

I guess the RV did ok? I froze my butt off on the bike on my trip home. Around Jacksonville it dropped to 62 degrees. At least i had plenty to think about after the game though. I really like that kind of win. Before we beat em, Kerens was ranked in the top 20 on Maxpreps. And if you really look at maxpreps rankings they are as fair and accurate as you can find imho.

According to the maxpreps current rankings for 2ad2 we set behind #1 Muenster at #2 and ahead of #3 Bremond. Muenster handily beat valley view as well as 3ad1 Pilot Point. Beat em both badly. Held pilot point to less than 200 yards i believe. I really feel like thats 2 teams we'll have to see if we can run the gauntlet to state. With the winner of Falls City and Burton in between. So the last 2 teams to put Horn out of the playoffs stand between him and the rings. Sweet redemption?

We got 1-1 GCA at home this week and Im not too sure about what they bring to the table. I expect more of the same from Tenaha. Strong defense and pounding the rock. Teams are giving us 1 on 1 match ups outside and if Foshee and Trai are back on offense I expect we'll start shooting some downfield. That drop by #21 last week hurt my heart but he sure did redeem himself with that interception. Athletic play. #80 has had 2 big penalties that hurt us but thats just a matter of maturity. Hes only a sophomore. Both them guys are doing a good job filling in while we get healthy. Just stop dropping td passes and killing drives with penalties :lol:

Week 3 is the telltale week in my book. Lets see what we got.

Made the trip by myself, no RV sites available in a 50 mile radius. Looked like the love bugs did a number on both you and the bike.

It appeared Jordan Thompson got his bell rung early. I hear he is a 4A school transfer, and a starter there. GCA would have to have improved an awful lot from last year to be a serious threat. However, you never know about these private schools, some do a pretty good job of recruiting. We need to rest Trai, Cody, Jordan, Christian and the other walking wounded. Nagging injuries can be problematic down the stretch, especially knees and ankles.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy........than to fumble THIS football",
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Im not sure whats going on this week with the jv. I think they have a game, im just not sure of the when, where and who. If anybody knows let me know please.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Jv looked impressive in 34-0 win vs Henderson.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:03 am

GreezyChef wrote:Im not sure whats going on this week with the jv. I think they have a game, im just not sure of the when, where and who. If anybody knows let me know please.

Greezy, the JV AND JH schedules are on www.shelbycountytoday.com
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Gray Ghost wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:Im not sure whats going on this week with the jv. I think they have a game, im just not sure of the when, where and who. If anybody knows let me know please.

Greezy, the JV AND JH schedules are on http://www.shelbycountytoday.com

You going tonight? I heard we have some serious injuries. Gonna be interesting to see how we look. We need to get healthy.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 pm

GCA brought 2 fans. T-w-o.

Check that, up to 3 now.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:54 pm

53-0 final
GCA probably had negative yards for the game.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:20 pm

GreezyChef wrote:GCA brought 2 fans. T-w-o.

Check that, up to 3 now.

That is just sad

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:31 am

GreezyChef wrote:
Gray Ghost wrote:

Greezy, the JV AND JH schedules are on http://www.shelbycountytoday.com

You going tonight? I heard we have some serious injuries. Gonna be interesting to see how we look. We need to get healthy.

Jordan Thompson (27) was in street clothes, didn't notice anyone else with obvious problems. The penalty demon reared it's ugly head tonight combined with a poor officiating crew, and the kicker lost his focus. He needs to get his confidence back.
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:44 pm

From 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter till about 7:50 left in the second, their was probably a penalty on every single play.

What most people dont realize is when a ref has a new flag its mandatory to use it no less than five times a game to get it broken in properly. So considering that, about 3 of those refs had brand new shiny flags that sorely needed to get broke in properly.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Hey Gray, knocked out 812 miles today in 12 hours. Think thats a personal record. My hams are already sore. :lol:

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:33 pm

GreezyChef wrote:Hey Gray, knocked out 812 miles today in 12 hours. Think thats a personal record. My hams are already sore. :lol:

812 miles in 12 hrs on what, rocket bike? I'll bet those love bugs sting and hard to get off your teeth!! :-t
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Gray Ghost wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:Hey Gray, knocked out 812 miles today in 12 hours. Think thats a personal record. My hams are already sore. :lol:

812 miles in 12 hrs on what, rocket bike? I'll bet those love bugs sting and hard to get off your teeth!! :-t

Yeah the big bike. I averaged 285 miles per tank of gas and only stopped 3 times. Twice to fill up and once to eat. Ate standing up then got back on the bike. Im exhausted. Left from Fellowship and I'm in Louisville, Ky. Ill be at Niagara Falls tomorrow.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:34 pm

After scoring 53 and 29 in first 2 weeks Mildred was held to just 7 by Kerens in week 3. I definitely think that was a quality win after the long bus ride and being without Trai and Foshee on offense.

Setxtrash

Postby Setxtrash » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 pm

GreezyChef wrote:
Gray Ghost wrote:Greezy, looks like you're still being ostracized. What have you done this time? Not part of the "click" I guess!!

On smoaky? Lifetime ban. b-(

Saw Mathias said you could get back on. I think you're missed over there.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. Theodore Roosevelt

Setxtrash

Postby Setxtrash » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Gray Ghost wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:Im not a guru or a football savant or anything clever like that. To be honest I probably got about 2 brain cells left and they stay mad at each other about half the time.

That being said, I watched my first football game on Tenaha's field back in 1982, I was 5 years old. I instantly fell in love with the game. It has been such a huge part of my life from that point on.

I would not even try to guess the number of games Ive been to in my 40 years on this earth. And as time has marched on, it isnt the game but rather the game within the game that I have grown to love the most. The chess match.

Tonight I can honestly say that was the BEST game I have ever seen. Both teams left everything on the field. The absolute effort and will to win displayed by both teams was amazing.

To everyone involved, players and coaches on both sides, I just want to say thank you. Unreal effort and determination by all those young men tonight. Both programs have a lot to be proud of.

Greezy, I've see many, many games in my 74 years and can also say that was one of the best high school games I've ever seen. A real slobber knocker. I'm back at my lake house on Rayburn and I can't go to sleep for thinking about I just witnessed. Damn.

From what I read, it was a ring tail tooter. Joaquin has more speed than is allowed in 2A football, but the Tigers pulled it out. Just joined here under new name (answered your post on setx about Tenaha). Posted something I thot innocuous & 1 of the coaches said something to G'son, so now I'm incognito lol.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. Theodore Roosevelt

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 am

Setxtrash wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:
Gray Ghost wrote:Greezy, looks like you're still being ostracized. What have you done this time? Not part of the "click" I guess!!

How yall looking? I think Iola is the team to beat down there.

We got Clarksville this week. Its all on you Gray, ill be listening from Savannah Georgia. :-bd

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:19 pm

GreezyChef wrote:
Setxtrash wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:

We got Clarksville this week. Its all on you Gray, ill be listening from Savannah Georgia. :-bd

Greezy, you need to slow down and smell the roses. What kind of mission are you on? Be careful, people don't watch out for low flying bikes. I'll be in "The Pit" in seat C15 Friday night.
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Gray Ghost wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:
Setxtrash wrote:

Greezy, you need to slow down and smell the roses. What kind of mission are you on? Be careful, people don't watch out for low flying bikes. I'll be in "The Pit" in seat C15 Friday night.

Logged 545 today. Made Niagara Falls by 5. Took it easy today. Doin the "smell the roses" tomorrow. Got into NY and took 5 up the coast of lake Erie. It was awesome.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm

GreezyChef wrote:
Gray Ghost wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:

Logged 545 today. Made Niagara Falls by 5. Took it easy today. Doin the "smell the roses" tomorrow. Got into NY and took 5 up the coast of lake Erie. It was awesome.

I ruined an $1800.00 Nokia digital camera at The Falls several yrs ago. Got into the heavy mist and 35 deg F., deadly on controls.
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:38 am

I had forgotten how highly intelligent our brothers to the northeast are.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:31 am

GreezyChef wrote:I had forgotten how highly intelligent our brothers to the northeast are.

The election of Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren, John Conyers, Charles Rangel & many others are living proof of their intelligence. But we're not off the hook with our own Shelia-Jackson Lee, Al Green, Henry Cuellar, etc.
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:01 pm

Gray Ghost wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:I had forgotten how highly intelligent our brothers to the northeast are.

The election of Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren, John Conyers, Charles Rangel & many others are living proof of their intelligence. But we're not off the hook with our own Shelia-Jackson Lee, Al Green, Henry Cuellar, etc.

Staying in Harrisburg tonight. Going to Gettysburg tomorrow. While riding, especially on the interstate, the mind tends to wander. Trying not to think about politics but....I have been. Not going to get into it all now though.

Id much rather discuss how great #60, 52, 4, 10, and 15 have been playing. Or discuss how weve gone from having an average o-line to possibly the best O-line we've had in the last 6 years. Great group of kids we got right now.

Any tips on Harrisburg, Gettysburg, or DC?

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:10 pm

GreezyChef wrote:
Gray Ghost wrote:

Staying in Harrisburg tonight. Going to Gettysburg tomorrow. While riding, especially on the interstate, the mind tends to wander. Trying not to think about politics but....I have been. Not going to get into it all now though.

Id much rather discuss how great #60, 52, 4, 10, and 15 have been playing. Or discuss how weve gone from having an average o-line to possibly the best O-line we've had in the last 6 years. Great group of kids we got right now.

Any tips on Harrisburg, Gettysburg, or DC?

Yep, all these guys have been improving each week. 60 & 52 going both ways on occasion, the left side is solid. 4 starting to use his legs with success and hitting on the long ball. Improving all around each week. 18's knee injury has improved and is a vacuum cleaner, just chunk it close and he will suck it up. Has the speed to seal the deal. The aggressive defense is starting to return, but susceptible to the occasional long ball as a result.

Don't know about Harrisburg. Gettysburg is awesome. Check in at the National Park Visitor's Center which is really nice. You can eat there. Take the Self Guided Tour, by renting the cassette player, which will direct you from site to site all over the county where the battles took place. Over, 1,400 monuments. The Texas monument is unremarkable compared to the others.

DC is one of our favorite places. We always stay at Cherry Hill RV Park in College Park, MD. It's an awesome place and has cabins for rent. You can make your reservations on line at www.cherryhillpark.com. Actually Gettsburg is a day trip for there, which what we do. Cherry Hill has a bus stop with scheduled bus service. You can take the bus to a local subway station. They have a 5:00 pm meeting everyday in the Clubhouse, that explains everything about the tours and transportation options

They also have bus tours, day and night, for all areas of DC. They also have hop on and off tours at all the popular spots. The Holocaust Museum, Vietnam Wall, Arlington National Cemetery are a must see along with hundreds of other thing. The Vietnam Wall contains the name of Ray Chatelain and Arlington Nat'l Cemetery is the final resting place of Rear Admiral Wayne Smith, both good friends of mine, heroes and Tiger Teammates.
of mine. Be safe and take are my friend.
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:46 am

Harrisburg is the state capitol and is very old. They have an area of the city the locals refer to as "old town". Its Victorian gothic. The capitol building is very Gothic and probably one of the best ive ever scene. Also the national civil war museum is here. Its just an old historic city.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Tenaha 62 Clarksville 6
It was a beat down from the 1st play. Tenaha had numerous 1 play drives. Running clock in 2nd half
John Heisman

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:25 am

Scoring summary vs Clarksville

First quarter

CJ Horn touchdown run, PAT Good 7-0

Jay Lloyd 40-yard punt return, PAT good, 14-0

CJ Horn 9-yard touchdown run, PAT good 21-0

Second quarter

Jay Lloyd 29-yard touchdown from CJ Horn, PAT good 28-0

Clarksville 16-yard touchdwon pass, PAT no good 28-6

Onterio Thompson 47-yard touchdown run, PAT no good 34-0

Third quarter

Erik Smith touchdown from CJ Horn, PAT good 41-6

Onterio Thompson 33-yard touchdown run, PAT good 48-6

LaDarrius Garrett 77-yard touchdown run, PAT good 55-6

Onterio Thompson 66-yard touchdown run, PAT good 62-6
John Heisman

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:11 am

Tenaha is having a great year. I do believe yall can beat Bremond now without R. Paul but idk about beating Muenster they are on a mission kinda like the Mason Punchers this year.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Blackshirt wrote:Tenaha is having a great year. I do believe yall can beat Bremond now without R. Paul but idk about beating Muenster they are on a mission kinda like the Mason Punchers this year.

That's pretty much how we see it. We're not looking past Bremond but Muenster is the team to beat.
Last edited by Gray Ghost on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Heisman

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:56 pm

What region is muenster in. Could that be the state final??

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:34 pm

Blackshirt wrote:What region is muenster in. Could that be the state final??

Muenster is in region 4, Tenaha is in region 3, and it would be the state final!
John Heisman

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

Gray Ghost wrote:

Muenster is in region 4, Tenaha is in region 3, and it would be the state final!

Region I has Wellington. Muenster is in Region 2 with Albany, Iraan, and Munday. Region IV is Burton, Falls City and Milano.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:44 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
Gray Ghost wrote:

Region I has Wellington. Muenster is in Region 2 with Albany, Iraan, and Munday. Region IV is Burton, Falls City and Milano.

You are so right, I knew that but my index finger has a mind of its own occasionally. Thanks for pointing out my error. You might think about monitoring be closer the older I get. Like I previously stated, "getting old is not for sissies"!
John Heisman

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:25 pm

It's all good - sometimes my synapses aren't all there either!!! I'm not one to judge...

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Tenaha jv tied spring hill 28-28. I havent heard how they did last week against brook hill.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:17 am

GreezyChef wrote:Tenaha jv tied spring hill 28-28. I havent heard how they did last week against brook hill.

Lost to brook hill but it was close.

Got West Sabine this week. Should be a good game. I hope we got people healthy with the week off.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:43 pm

GreezyChef wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:Tenaha jv tied spring hill 28-28. I havent heard how they did last week against brook hill.

Got West Sabine this week. Should be a good game. I hope we got people healthy with the week off.

#60 is fishing Sam Rayburn with me this weekend.
John Heisman

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Greezy, I thought #27 was out with a concussion. No so, he was hit in a pre-existing stomach hernia early the Kerens game. He will be back for the district games and forward. #60 says he has blazing speed and can be a real game changer if he stay's healthy.
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Gray Ghost wrote:
GreezyChef wrote:

#60 is fishing Sam Rayburn with me this weekend.

Im really loving #60's approach to the season. Hes really leaving it all on the field every game. This senior class is such a different group than what we had just a few years ago. Strong work ethic with this group. Nothing flashy, nothing over hyped just hard workers. Im loving it. This is the type of season ive been waiting for.

They say everything happens for a reason and that might be the case when dealing with some of our injuries. It certainly led to the discovery of #21 on defense who has filled in big time in others absence. Last week he led the team in tackles and is currently 3rd in total tackles on the season.

In my old age i guess im becoming a snowflake like the rest of em cause these injuries have me concerned about our kids. I was worried about 27 but good to know hes gonna be ok. Just hope he eases back into the flow and doesn't over do it.

Lambo

Postby Lambo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:07 am

I have walked across deserts and swam across oceans. Climbed mountains and wandered in to valleys. Waded through swamps and figured out the puzzle that is the piney woods of east texas. All to find my ole buddy GreezyChef.
RamBall

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:34 am

Lambo wrote:I have walked across deserts and swam across oceans. Climbed mountains and wandered in to valleys. Waded through swamps and figured out the puzzle that is the piney woods of east texas. All to find my ole buddy GreezyChef.

Gonna be a long 2 weeks for yall in Joaquin.
Went to the first half of the homecoming game. It was looking good till after the onside kick. Those 3 personal fouls were just silly. Then that fumble by trey. Had me a little concerned. I really hope they can get it figured out. The maturity level has to be there if yall are serious about making a run. I think yall can. But yalls biggest enemy is gonna be how yall handle everything from the maturity aspect. I realize that yall gotta lot of great athletic young guys but for the senior 3 year starting quarterback to get that penalty, in that situation...i was worried. Like maybe they cant handle the success. Youre already up like 28 to 0 at that point the game was practice. And here comes the silly penalties. Sorry about the rant.

Wade has totally changed my perspective about what yall got going on especially with the offense. Just a totally different team than last year. Second half of the Tenaha GCA game all we talked about in the stands was how good yall looked. True storie. Just hope yall can stay healthy, the young guys can stay focused, and the veterans can mature enough to lead the team.

I saw a few Tenaha players at yalls game. Some were wearing blue. I started in on em about wearing it but they said "naw, we got to support em." I guess the rivalry has changed a bit. If we get there I truly hope yall are there with us. Region 3 is gonna come down to yalls district. I truly believe district 11 will represent region 3 in both divisions. At this point Joaquins worst enemy is probably Joaquin. Just clean up those penalties and turnovers. If they really really want it, tell em to grow up quickly Lambo. Yall got this.

Lambo

Postby Lambo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 am

I agree with everything you said man! I honestly think the only thing stopping us is us. Most athletic we've ever been.
RamBall

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Friday cant get here soon enough. Going 3 weeks without seeing them tigers is tough. Weve had 2 weeks to get mended up and prepare for WS. Sucks to be them. Although WS always plays us tough so you never know, they might make a game of it. I hope they do so we can play a full 4 quarter game. I think Timpson and Grapeland can make it into good games with us so at least we can get pushed to play strong 4 quarters. We've developed a power run game and filled the holes on defense. Now my only concern is staying focused, staying intense and keeping conditioned. In the final game last year we looked gassed in the 4th quarter but we didn't have to play hard for 4 quarters after Joaquin last year. Lets git it Tigers.

Return to “2A Texas Football”