Best $20 you'll ever spend

Home of the toughest football in Texas
PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Best $20 you'll ever spend

Postby PurplePunch » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:56 pm

[quote][/quote] is a donation to keep this site up and running. Best, most knowledge football fans on the inner webs, and the best mods, without the trolling and obscenity. Two articles pinned that tell you more. Just do it!

See 2016 Donations and Ramblings (for 2017) by Iola Fan and Membership Goals by Pigskin Swammy.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Re: Best $20 you'll ever spend

Postby Eagle 1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:12 pm

Thank you.
Defense wins Championships!

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:43 am

PurplePunch wrote:
is a donation to keep this site up and running. Best, most knowledge football fans on the inner webs, and the best mods, without the trolling and obscenity. Two articles pinned that tell you more. Just do it!

See 2016 Donations and Ramblings (for 2017) by Iola Fan and Membership Goals by Pigskin Swammy.

I especially appreciate that the language on this site is family friendly. !
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:51 am

Maybe we could set up County chapters.. I have a few folks from Valley View that visit the site but don't really get involved in it. However there are a few from Lindsay, Collinsville , & Muenster I know.. Maybe we could get a county chapter going & really push this back in our communities.
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Postby PurplePunch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 am

Mason has a cadre, but I've never read even a comment from district 14 teams Junction, Harper, Bracettville, or Sabinal. From our schedule Goldy has voices on here, and Hawley Rocks, but not Iraan, which has plenty of football fanatics.

Districts 15 and 7 have good representation, but I can't remember seeing any District 13 or 16 teams repped. Oh, except Three Rivers.

Anyone have a strategy on how to attact more voices from more places?

Bonecrusher
Donating Member 16/17

Postby Bonecrusher » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:14 am

Pigskin Swammy wrote:
PurplePunch wrote:
is a donation to keep this site up and running. Best, most knowledge football fans on the inner webs, and the best mods, without the trolling and obscenity. Two articles pinned that tell you more. Just do it!

I appreciate the lack of trolling here. There's a football app you can install on your phone (I'm sure you know which one I'm referring to) that seems to be full of trolls. Sometimes it's funny, a lot of times just annoying.
Good way to spend $20 IMO.

Bonecrusher
Donating Member 16/17

Postby Bonecrusher » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 am

PurplePunch wrote:Mason has a cadre, but I've never read even a comment from district 14 teams Junction, Harper, Bracettville, or Sabinal. From our schedule Goldy has voices on here, and Hawley Rocks, but not Iraan, which has plenty of football fanatics.

Districts 15 and 7 have good representation, but I can't remember seeing any District 13 or 16 teams repped. Oh, except Three Rivers.

Wish there were more from Div 1 Reg 2 Dist 8 on here. To the best of my knowledge, just me and a couple guys from Mart that post once in a while. I've mentioned this site at games to other fans/parents from our school but many have never heard of it. Some have said they will only get on it if it's an app - weird if you ask me but maybe more convenient for them? I'd guess an app would be way too cost prohibitive anyway, and there's already one out there from another sports entity. Word of mouth or Facebook is all that comes to mind. Do we have a Twitter or Instagram account? Not sure those would really apply for what we do on here, though.

PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Postby PurplePunch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:20 pm

I just saved/bookmarked the link to my iPhone and it appears as an app on my screen. You don't have to use your browser.

abe froman

Postby abe froman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:31 pm

One reason the traffic could be a little light is that all of Region 3 goes to Smoaky. Another is that realistically only a handful of teams will probably compete for state. Most people have a hard time discussing their team when they feel that it is futile. I believe that Region 1 though is the one region where this isn't true, probably the same for region 3 as well. However, if you team is in region 2 or region 4 and not named Crawford, Mart, Refugio, Mason or Shiner then the chance of getting out of region is slim. Sometime there are some outliers from year to year like Goldwaithe(tradition), Windthorst and De Leon for this year thus the scuttle from those posters.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Bonecrusher wrote:
Pigskin Swammy wrote:
PurplePunch wrote: is a donation to keep this site up and running. Best, most knowledge football fans on the inner webs, and the best mods, without the trolling and obscenity. Two articles pinned that tell you more. Just do it!

I appreciate the lack of trolling here. There's a football app you can install on your phone (I'm sure you know which one I'm referring to) that seems to be full of trolls. Sometimes it's funny, a lot of times just annoying.

Pretty sure the biggest troll over there is banned from this site....

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:37 pm

PurplePunch wrote:Mason has a cadre, but I've never read even a comment from district 14 teams Junction, Harper, Bracettville, or Sabinal. From our schedule Goldy has voices on here, and Hawley Rocks, but not Iraan, which has plenty of football fanatics.

This is a tough question as I have tried word of mouth invites, and adding invites on the before mentioned app on the Hawley games as I know there are Hawley fans on that app. Nothing seems to have worked, at least not with our fans... I have also noticed that when we do have a few of our fans, they drop out as soon as their kid graduates... I also know that we have a lot readers / members that do not participate in conversations or add their opinions... I have noticed this within our district for sure... I have tried to figure out how to create more activity even within just the current membership. As you all know we have great participation from a select few, so how do we draw out some of the others that just come on site and read???

The one thing that brought me to this site was the fact that it is family friendly and we do not allow trolling and it's not just a bunch of kids talking smack... I enjoy learning about other districts and schools and how they operate. I also enjoy the history, statistics, and general information that we get from this site.

The other thing that we all need to remember as well is the fact that there are always two sides to every story and two opinions to every situation... And while we are here to discuss 2A football, we must respect each other and I think we do this well for the most part... The reason I stated this is that I have been wondering if this is why more members do not talk and only read...

Something else I would like to see is the location or the school you support become a mandatory field in each of our profile, that way we would know if there are more members from our school or our district. Then we could ask them questions and hopefully promote more activity...

I appreciated greatly that we have this site and I guess that is why I support it financially for myself and my two sons as well... I probably didn't have to do that for the three of us, but I wanted to to help out... The other thing I like to do to support our site is to post information that I can find about 2A football, especially when it pertains to our district, I have also taken on the surrounding area districts to our district. If I find information for their districts, I will post it as well... I asked myself this question, if not me then who???? Yes, it is a little extra work, but if it generates conversations and activity, then it is a win / win for our site... I know there are others that also help in doing this and it is very much appreciated... I also find it interesting to see these other stories... For example... A few years ago we played Windthorst and they were in our district, but not in our TV viewing range. We had our local TV reports from the pregame as well as from the postgame. I then went to the TV stations out of Wichita Falls and read their take on the same game and found it very interesting, with different view points and highlights....

So back to your question which is a tough one, do we advertise??? Because if we do that, then number one, do we have the bandwidth to withstand it and number two, are we read for the bad element that will come with the good... Only the site owner and administrators can answer this... But I would truly like to promote activity within our current membership as well...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Postby PurplePunch » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:41 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
Bonecrusher wrote:
Pigskin Swammy wrote:

Pretty sure the biggest troll over there is banned from this site....

And isn't that a blessing. I get scores there but forums are open invitation for banality, name calling, trolling, and generally offensive conduct. And Hoo ain't the only guilty party by any means.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:12 am

One way of sharing the site is on Facebook. We have a Facebook page and if people see a link to the site from there they may be more apt to click and read. Several years ago before social media, this was social media when it came to high school football. Trust me we have a lot more readers on here than posters. So share away on Facebook.

One of the reasons we have lasted is because Huey does a good job keeping it clean.
Therefore we can boast that we are the oldest lasting Texas hs football board. 3Adownlow and Smoaky both came along sometime after this one.

All the donations are appreciated and certainly helps to keep things working here.

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:53 pm

I sent $20 via snail mail today

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:21 pm

ComancheAlumni06 wrote:I sent $20 via snail mail today

Thank you

Razorback
Boss

Postby Razorback » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Thank you all for the support, ideas and kind words!! I am going to start posting links to our player of the week and to top tens to any news outlet I can. Maybe if we use Facebook to pull people here we can grow to have posters from all over the state. We do have posters everywhere and I saw a comment about Bracketville and we have a mod from there but since retiring he has been playing too much I guess. =))

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:20 am

Did you get my $20 Razor?

Razorback
Boss

Postby Razorback » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:56 am

Not yet Sir. I will let you know as soon as I see it.

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:35 pm

I mailed it a month ago

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:09 pm

ComancheAlumni06 wrote:I mailed it a month ago

With the Pony Express?!!!!

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:59 pm

lol! The pony express probably was faster than that

ima puncher

Postby ima puncher » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Probably got swindled by the Equifax breach. I'm sending by snail mail for myself plus additional fee in memory of SSORIOLE .

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:48 pm

ima puncher wrote:

Probably got swindled by the Equifax breach. I'm sending by snail mail for myself plus additional fee in memory of SSORIOLE .

Thank you.

Razorback
Boss

Postby Razorback » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:43 pm

ima puncher wrote:

That's Awesome. He was a good'un......

Return to “2A Texas Football”