District 2 Div II

Home of the toughest football in Texas
ds8503

District 2 Div II

Postby ds8503 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:51 am

Man guys, it's almost August and I once again have got some football fever! Can't wait to get games going once again! It looks like District 2 Div II will be another tough district this year. I know Memphis lost quite a bit off of last year's teams but seems to be reloaded and always puts out tough big strong kids it will probably be between them and Crosbyton fighting for 2nd in the district this year. Clarendon had a surprising season a year ago, and have some good size coming back for this year. Crosbyton was young and inexperienced last year and played terribly on defense, they return around 11 juniors and 10 seniors off of their area round team with a year of experience under their belt. and should be much improved on the defensive side of the ball to top off a returning 1st team all-state running back in Tim Childers this team should be much improved from the 6-6 team a year ago, hoping for not too many growing pains with the new Coach Huseman, but he seems to be on the same page as far as their typical mind set of run the ball, run the ball, run the ball! :)) :))

And of course then there's Wellington, who could possibly be playing for a state title come December. They lost some solid talent from a year ago but return a great core of Seniors, they are reloaded and ready to beat up everyone in Region 1. Here are my predictions for 2-2A Div II

1. Wellington Skyrockets 10-0 (5-0)
2. Crosbyton Chiefs 8-2 (4-1)
3. Memphis Cyclones 7-3 (3-2)
4. Clarendon Broncos 6-4 (2-3)
5. Lockney Longhorns 4-6 (1-4)
6. Ralls Jackrabbits 2-8 (0-5)

:-bd :-bd :-bd

Return to “2A Texas Football”