HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Re: District 4-2A Division I (2017)

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Week 4

Stamford
Albany
Forsan
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:12 am

Week 4 Scores

Anson 13, Albany 55
Forsan 34, Reagan County 42
Hawley 20, Lubbock Christian 14
Post 34, Idalou 13
Stamford 55, Haskell 0
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey @ Refugio & Scott Akins @ James Bowie Go Bearcats !!! **== **== **== **== **==

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:21 am

2A District 4 Standings

ANSON 2-2, next up Roscoe
FORSAN 2-2, next up Morton
HAWLEY 3-1, next up Mason
POST 3-1, next up Slaton
STAMFORD 3-1, next up Hamlin

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:17 pm

I still think Hawley could make somr noise come playoff time.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Blackshirt wrote:I still think Hawley could make somr noise come playoff time.

I hope your right, but we are still not hitting on all cylinders and have too many penalties and dropped balls... We have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot... I heard that old statement in a college game yesterday, I think it was the Penn State / Iowa game... "More games are lost than won..." We have to get out of our own way and start bringing it together....

This Friday night will be a good dose of humility but it will also be a good learning experience as well... I think you have to play good teams to move your program forward and to the next level...

I bet Bluedawg from Stamford will agree with me on this as they played Brock these last two years...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Week 5 Games

Anson @ Roscoe
Forsan vs Morton
Hawley @ Mason
Post vs Slaton
Stamford @ Hamlin

Okay... Who ya got???

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Week 5 Games

Anson @ Roscoe - Anson gets back in the win column on this one...
Forsan vs Morton - Forsan is going to bring home the win here as Morton is not having a good year so far...
Hawley @ Mason - I learning experience for the Bearcats...
Post vs Slaton - Post will have a good Homecoming on this night...
Stamford @ Hamlin - Stamford continues to roll in this game...

Safe travels for all those traveling on this night... Prayers to have injury free game... Good Luck to all Schools....

PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Postby PurplePunch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 pm

@HawleyRocks, does the cafe you sent us to last year on Friday have catfish on Thursday also? That was good fish. If not, any menu recommendations?

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:48 pm

PurplePunch wrote:@HawleyRocks, does the cafe you sent us to last year on Friday have catfish on Thursday also? That was good fish. If not, any menu recommendations?

They only have the Catfish on Friday nights... But here are some great places to eat in Abilene, and also Buffalo Gap is a little quaint town about ten minutes from Abilene, the fish here is very good...

Catfish - Deutschlander Freshwater Catfish Company, 502 Houston St, Buffalo Gap, TX 79508, (325) 572-3486
Barbecue - Sharon's BBQ & Catering, 849 E Hwy 80, Abilene, TX 79601, (325) 672-3330
Steaks - Lytle Land & Cattle Company, 1150 E South 11th St, Abilene, TX 79602, (325) 677-1925
Fried Chicken / Chicken Fried Steak - Belle's Chicken Dinner House, 2002 N Clack St, Abilene, TX 79603, (325) 677-7100

All of these places are family owned and all are very good...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Hawley takes down Lubbock Christian

Posted: Sep 23, 2017

Highlights from the Bearcats' win.

http://www.ktxs.com/sports/hawley-takes ... /625131131

What's funny about this is, Quay Stokes doesn't play because of his injury, but he still makes the highlights...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 pm

Phergson records three TDs, 205 yards as Post defeats Idalou

Sep 22, 2017

http://lonestarvarsity.com/news/37471/p ... ts-idalou/

POST — The Antelopes first three weeks were more than decent with two shutout wins and a narrow loss to the defending regional champion of Class 2A Division I.

Post added another good week.

The Antelopes capitalized on a errant kickoff return the first play of the game, blocked a field goal and forced a fumble on a second kickoff return as well as two turnovers on downs in a 34-13 non-district win against Idalou at Jimmie Redman Memorial Stadium.

With the win, Post improved to 3-1 overall. Idalou, which scored on two of six possessions and lost two possessions on its errant kickoff returns, dropped to 1-3.

“We’ve got some work to do,” said Phergson, who scored three touchdowns while amassing 205 yards on 26 carries. “We’ve still got to climb the mountain. We’re not even in district yet. We’ve got to keep pushing and get better.”

Post racked up 459 yards on 62 plays, an average of 7.4 yards per attempt. And that’s factoring in two incompleted passes, one interception and a fumble on a bad exchange between the center and quarterback Phergson fell on four yards back, which knocked him down from a net of 209 yards.

If there’s a silver lining for Idalou, it’s that it began trending away from all-star running back Mark Caballero.

The back was 64 percent of the Wildcats’ total offensive production coming into the meeting and was 38 percent of the squad’s 236 total yards. Quarterback Colby Gentry completed his first five passes for 118 yards and walked off the field with a 7-for-10 passing line and 144 yards.

But Caballero was still the run game aside from 10 yards from Xavier Rodriguez. Two players contributed minus-eight yards for Idalou.
Phergson, on the other hand, got a lot of help from the remnants of his backfield before their backups came in to pick up some good averages.

Fullback Brandon Britton recorded 89 yards on eight carries, including a 40-yard touchdown run on what was just supposed to be a blast play to get ahead of the sticks on 1st-and-10. Quarterback Taytem Thetford chipped in 75 yards on 15 carries.

Idalou recovered from muffing the game’s opening kick and a 5-yard score by Pherson to end a four-play drive that began at the Wildcats’ 44 with a 16-play and 59-yard drive finished by Caballero from two yards out. Landon Reeves’ PAT went through and Post’s had not, so the Wildcats led 7-6 with 3:26 remaining in the first quarter.

The Antelopes and Idalou traded empty possessions — just one of two Post’s empty possessions outside owning the ball at the end of the second and fourth quarters — before Thetford got his squad the lead for good. His first pass was a 22-yard play action rollout that connected with Hunter Graves in the front corner of the end zone.

Reeves had a 47-yard field goal attempt blocked by Damian Rodriguez-Garcia and Phergson to end Idalou’s next possession. Rodriguez-Garcia’s recovery at the Wildcats’ 36-yard line turned into a 64-yard scoring drive capped on Phergson’s off-tackle run and a fake reverse to Garcia-Rodriguez at the wideout spot from 43 yards out with 47 seconds left in the half.

Idalou never got back closer than a single possession again.

Jeremiah Lorimer caught a 70-yard screamer from Gentry in the first seconds of the third quarter, but Britton answered with his 40-yard touchdown.

“They’re a good team,” Post coach Michael Pittman said. “I’d look for them to make some noise this year. A little bit of momentum at times, and at times they had a little bit more momentum. I was proud our kids for fighting back when things weren’t going our way. They had some big plays. I think that was the difference in the game. We were able to fight back, overcome it and go from there.”

bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Postby bluedawg » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:27 am

Hawley Rocks is right about playing the great teams, it can be good but also bad if you don't ha e the hosses.

We played Cisco 4 years running, If I remember right, in 2011 and 2012 we beat them and we went on to State Championship games winning one and losing one. 2013 we went in the Graveyard at Cisco and they beat out tails in the ground, which was good for the dawgs because it gave us a wake up call, kids got tougher and went on to win another Ring.
But if you don't have athletes and in a rebuilding year with lots of young kids, playing up can be devastating!

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:53 am

bluedawg wrote:But if you don't have athletes and in a rebuilding year with lots of young kids, playing up can be devastating!

One of the problems of being a "blue blood" program if you will. Teams that know you are going to be strong for at least one of those years won't schedule you. Granted there are not many smaller schools in Munday's area but I have heard they have problems filling their schedule since year in and year out they have high quality teams. Through the grapevine heard we were dropped in favor of Olney by one of our rivals.

Dirtysims
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Dirtysims » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:55 am

Week 5 picks
Anson
Forsan
Mason

bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Postby bluedawg » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:21 am

[quote="Dirtysims"]Week 5 picks
Anson
Forsan
Mason

Going with Dirtysims picks

PurplePunch
Donating Member 16/17

Postby PurplePunch » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:35 pm

HawleyRocks wrote:
PurplePunch wrote:@HawleyRocks, does the cafe you sent us to last year on Friday have catfish on Thursday also? That was good fish. If not, any menu recommendations?

They only have the Catfish on Friday nights... But here are some great places to eat in Abilene, and also Buffalo Gap is a little quaint town about ten minutes from Abilene, the fish here is very good...

Catfish - Deutschlander Freshwater Catfish Company, 502 Houston St, Buffalo Gap, TX 79508, (325) 572-3486
Barbecue - Sharon's BBQ & Catering, 849 E Hwy 80, Abilene, TX 79601, (325) 672-3330
Steaks - Lytle Land & Cattle Company, 1150 E South 11th St, Abilene, TX 79602, (325) 677-1925
Fried Chicken / Chicken Fried Steak - Belle's Chicken Dinner House, 2002 N Clack St, Abilene, TX 79603, (325) 677-7100

Thanks for the great recs! We have a 7th grader (#50) and a JV member (#12) so we want to eat before. Rain chances pretty high...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:01 am

PurplePunch wrote:
HawleyRocks wrote:

Thanks for the great recs! We have a 7th grader (#50) and a JV member (#12) so we want to eat before. Rain chances pretty high...

Yes, we may have to watch this one in rain gear that is for sure... It has rained solid all night and for several days and since we have natural turf Old Grass) :-q , I really hope that the field holds up... My son plays on JV and he is (#54) at home, I say this as we are missing some numbers at the JV level due to jerseys that were damaged...

I hope that you enjoy one of these places, I suggested family owned places as I like to support the little guy... We certainly have most of the chain restaurants as well in Abilene, and Hawley has the place you mentioned that is downtown next to city hall and a subway sandwich shop in Chillerz... The other place on the highway is a smoke fest and I never darken the door as this is a major turnoff for me with my allergies....

retchbh

Postby retchbh » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Hey Hawley Rocks, I noticed in the Reporter News that Abilene has had 4 inches of rain so far. Is it about the same in Hawley? Also, is Joe Allen's still in business and is it still good food?

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:41 pm

retchbh wrote:Hey Hawley Rocks, I noticed in the Reporter News that Abilene has had 4 inches of rain so far. Is it about the same in Hawley? Also, is Joe Allen's still in business and is it still good food?

Yes we have had a ton of rain at Hawley and as I mentioned in an earlier post, I really hope that our field holds up, the problem is that it is still raining and is supposed to until Saturday... We need the rain as we are certainly in need, so I guess you take it when you can...

As for Joe Allen's, it is still in business but not in the same location as the old location was just too small and was not very clean... Personally, I think it has dropped off badly... After he separated from his wife, she opened up two restaurants and they are both very good. I have them both on a list in a previous post to PurplePunch... Check out the barbecue at Sharon Allen's BBQ or the Steaks at Lytle Land and Cattle Company... Neither of these places will disappoint you...

Hope this helps and safe travels...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Well... I was worried about the field at Hawley...

The Jr High and JV games have been cancelled as the field is under water...

I hate this for the kids as they work so hard during the week and not to be rewarded with the game is always a let down...

Best of luck to the younger kids from Mason on the rest of your season...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:11 pm

More to this story than football... Yes, our field is flooded as we have had over seven inches of rain in Hawley and it still continues to rain...

I was told that we looked for another place to play these Jr high and JV games and I am told that nothing was available.... I also know that there are other issues at Hawley as the young man that I ask for prayers for a couple of weeks ago....

His mother has passed away this week, so this may have also played in to this decision, I am not sure at the moment....

This young man is a junior and plays on varsity as a receiver and cornerback....

Visitation was tonight, so I am sure I will know more later... But, I just ask that you pray for this young man as this will be very hard for him moving forward... When his mother was diagnosed with stage four cancer, he and his mom had moved in with his grand parents....

Lord, I pray that you give this young man and his family strength and peace in their hour of need in this loss of their love one...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Big Country Game of the Week: De Leon faces Crawford on the road

Evan Ren, Abilene Reporter-News
Sept. 27, 2017

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 707184001/

STAMFORD (3-1) AT HAMLIN (2-2)

On paper, Stamford has an edge, particularly in the firepower department – despite missing several key players to injuries. But I’m liking the way Hamlin is playing defense.
The Pied Pipers haven’t allowed more than 20 points in a game since Week 1 and they’re at home, so look for HHS to keep this competitive.
If the turnovers break even, the Bulldogs win by one score.
PICK: Stamford by 7

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Big Country Game of the Week: De Leon faces Crawford on the road

Sept. 27, 2017

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 707184001/

Rest of Evan Ren's Picks in 2A

CLASS 2A
Anson at ROSCOE
Baird at ARCHER CITY
Eldorado at CROSS PLAINS
Hamilton at GOLDTHWAITE
HASKELL at Olney
Hawley at MASON
IRION COUNTY at Bronte
Munday at SEYMOUR
Ranger at CHRISTOVAL
Roby vs. ROCKSPRINGS at San Angelo

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 am

Non-district finale's headline week 5 of Wilner's Weekly Watch

Chris Wilner
Sep 27, 2017

http://www.ktxs.com/news/big-country/no ... /627331646

ABILENE, Texas - We're about to turn the calendar to October, which means week 5 of high school football across the Big Country landscape is beginning, or approaching district play. And this week’s Wilner’s Weekly Watch hones in on a couple final non-district treats.

Anson Tigers (2-2) at Roscoe Plowboys (2-1):

Out west in Roscoe, the Plowboys hosting Anson.

Both teams have had difficult non-district slates in 2017 but now with district on the horizon, this one is expected to be competitive between two class 2A area favorites to make deep playoff runs.

Jake Freeman hopes his Plowboys can come off its bye week strong on homecoming night, while Anson hopes to avenge a loss to Albany a week ago.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Big Country Player of the Week: Albany QB Hamilton takes accolade

Evan Ren, By Evan Ren
Oct. 2, 2017
http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 725219001/

6. Drew Hagler, QB/DB, So., Anson — Rushed 19 times for 159 yards and three touchdowns in a 43-40 shootout win at Roscoe.
Hagler, who is just a sophomore, hit 11 of 15 throws for 139 yards and another score. He also collected eight tackles to help push the Tigers to 3-2.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm

WEEK 6

ANSON VS WINDTHORST
FORSAN @ WINK
HAWLEY VS SEYMOUR
POST VS FARWELL
STAMFORD VS OLNEY

Okay, last week before District starts and we start playing for real... So... Who Ya Got ????

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:29 pm

WEEK 6

ANSON
FORSAN
HAWLEY

My Picks \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Dirtysims
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Dirtysims » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:43 pm

Week 6 picks
Anson
Forsan
Hawley

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:43 am

Casey, Stamford Bulldogs battling through injuries

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 734814001/

Stamford's Ronnie Casey speaks about SHS' injury problems Evan Ren

STAMFORD - The year 2017 was expected to be a return to prominence for the Stamford Bulldogs, with 16 of 22 positions filled by returning starters and a whopping 20 lettermen suiting up.

Midway through the season, however, lady luck isn't cooperating. In fact, she's being downright snobbish with Stamford (3-2), which currently has six two-way starters out with injuries.

That equates to 12 spots being occupied by reserves, and at least two of those players — seniors Noah Horn (QB/DB) and Agassi Hernandez (WR/DB) — are gone for the year. The remaining four are out indefinitely.

Oddly enough, the Bulldogs haven't collapsed. If not for an overtime loss at Hamlin last week, they would be 4-1 at the season's midpoint.

"We've been through it before," Stamford coach Ronnie Casey said. "We've been through it (in the past) when we couldn't recover. But this year, with our depth and the number of kids we have, the next one called up and the next one to step in to play have done a tremendous job."

With Horn (broken ankle) gone for the year, the Bulldogs have turned to Peyton Bevel behind center. The junior has responded by hitting 34 of 55 throws for 478 yards and four touchdowns thus far. Munday transfer Trevaul Mitchell adds even more depth at quarterback.

But Horn was also one of the Bulldogs' top defensive players, in addition to being a team captain. This has forced Stamford's players to quickly adapt on multiple fronts.

"Coach Casey is the man who is leading this deal and we've got a great coaching staff," defensive coordinator John Ward said. "We've just got to pick up and go, and we're blessed that we do have enough depth to have other kids step in."

Stamford is hoping to have at least three or four of its missing two-way players back for an Oct. 20 date with Post (4-1). But between now and then, the Bulldogs have a nondistrict game against Olney (0-5) and a district opener against Anson (3-2).

A valuable open date falls on Oct. 27, before league games against Hawley (3-2) and Forsan (3-2) down the stretch.

"We've been fortunate that we could just go to the next man up, because we're two or three deep across the board," offensive coordinator Jeremy West said. "That's a luxury we haven't had in the last two or three years."

Casey, in the meantime, has been burning the candle at both ends to keep the players upbeat while teaching them to deal with the adversity.

"Our coaching staff has done and awesome job, and our kids are resilient and have done a great job with all the expectations," Casey said. "We've not only lost players to injuries, but some of our players have lost family members. These are things you should never experience at their age.

"Any other year than this year or next year, it might not look so great for the Stamford Bulldogs with (all the adversity). But we've got good numbers and it's just a great group of kids."

bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Postby bluedawg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:17 am

Picking a district sweep, but Anson and Hawley could have tough games.

GO BLUE

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:25 am

bluedawg wrote:Picking a district sweep, but Anson and Hawley could have tough games.

GO BLUE

Wow, Anson, Hawley, Post, and Stamford had big games... Forsan had trouble with Wink all night it seems....
Last edited by HawleyRocks on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:02 am

Hawley dominates Seymour in Stokes' return to field

Brandon McAuliffe, Special to the Reporter-News
Oct. 7, 2017
http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... 742117001/

HAWLEY - Quay Stokes had 332 yards of offense and joined the 10,000-yard club for his career in his return from a broken ankle, as the Hawley Bearcats closed out nondistrict with a 28-0 win over Seymour on Friday night.

The senior was 21-of-23 passing for 271 yards with two touchdowns and added another 61 yards and two scores on the ground as he returned to the field one month to the day after having seven screws put in his ankle.

“This was a great team win and I thought we came out firing on all cylinders,” Stokes said. “There was never a doubt in my mind that I was going to come back and get that achievement. That’s a team achievement that I couldn’t have done without my coaches and teammates.”

Hawley (4-2) held Seymour to just 158 yards of offense — 74 of which came on one play.

After a Garrett Hewitt interception on defense to start the game, Hawley struck first on a fourth-and-19 touchdown pass from Stokes to Robert Ybarra from the Seymour 20 for a 6-0 lead with 7:15 left in the first quarter.

Seymour went three and out on its ensuing possession, and Hawley drove down to the Panther 6, but were stopped on downs.

The Bearcats defense then held strong and a bad snap on a field goal attempt ended Seymour’s next drive at the Hawley 6. Hawley used that momentum for a 14-play, 94-yard touchdown drive that ended with a 2-yard run by Stokes for a 12-0 lead 58 seconds before half.

Stokes’ touchdown was set up by a 31-yard catch-and-run by Tanner Schnoor.

Stokes pushed the lead to 20-0 in the third quarter with a 9-yard touchdown run and entered the fourth quarter needing just 25 yards to get to 10,000 for his career.

He got the career milestone on a 20-yard pass to Jayce Hardee on first and 10 with just under nine minutes to play and then threw a 55-yard touchdown pass to Ethan Davis on the next play.

Hawley added a late safety for the final points.

Turning Point: On third and 17 from its own 12, Seymour’s David Watson took a screen pass 74 yards down to the Hawley 14. The Bearcats defense stifled the Panthers from there and a bad snap on a field goal attempt ended the drive.

Player of the Game: Quay Stokes, QB, Hawley — A month after having seven screws inserted to repair a broken ankle, the senior returned to the gridiron Friday night and threw for 271 yards while running for 61 more.

Key Stat: 10,058 — Stokes’ career yardage total after leading the Bearcats to their fourth win of the season.

What this means: Hawley ends an up-and-down nondistrict schedule with a 4-2 record heading into next week’s district opener.

Coach said: “It was a good night and a good team effort and we played really well,” Hawley coach Mitch Ables said. “I felt like we left some on the table, but the effort was really good.”

Up next: The Bearcats open District 4-2A Division I play with a trip to Forsan on Friday.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:44 am

A Great Site For Hawley Fans...
Attachments
Hawley Football - 006.jpg
Hawley Football - 006.jpg (60.29 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Hawley Football - 001.jpg
Hawley Football - 001.jpg (38.59 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Hawley Football - 007.jpg
Hawley Football - 007.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 309 times

bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Postby bluedawg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:46 am

bluedawg wrote:Picking a district sweep, but Anson and Hawley could have tough games.

GO BLUE

If had known Stokes was back full force, would have never thought they would have trouble last night.

Anson big win really surprised me but they have had an up and down non district but that happens sometimes with a Soph QB.

The district may be interesting, except Post, still believe they are the top team.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:57 am

bluedawg wrote:

GO BLUE

If had known Stokes was back full force, would have never thought they would have trouble last night.

Anson big win really surprised me but they have had an up and down non district but that happens sometimes with a Soph QB.

The district may be interesting, except Post, still believe they are the top team.

Yes, your right on our district... Post to me is still the unknown, but I certainly feel better with a healthy Stokes.... As for Anson and their young QB, he is talented and learning and will probably be something special, but as you stated, they play up and down and I can guarantee it will not matter what the records are when we play them, it will be a war... Always is and I guess it always will be... As for you guys, you have the injury bug and that could certainly play a factor... I will be watching closely your game with Anson next week and our game with you should be a good one... I think Forsan is down, but not exactly sure, will know more after Friday night...

But, as you say maybe we are all looking up at Post, but I don't think they are looking past you, or Anson or us for that matter...

BoldGold... Any thoughts???

BOLDGOLD

Postby BOLDGOLD » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:45 am

Hard to say, the injury bug has hit us pretty hard right now. We have a sophomore qb since week 2. Starting rb went out in first qtr last week and did not play last night. Still have a couple of players who will benefit with our bi-week next week. Post is defiantly not looking past any team in district.

Good news on Hawley an Man I can't believe he's back after 4 weeks, he is one tough young man.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:06 am

BOLDGOLD wrote:Hard to say, the injury bug has hit us pretty hard right now. We have a sophomore qb since week 2. Starting rb went out in first qtr last week and did not play last night. Still have a couple of players who will benefit with our bi-week next week. Post is defiantly not looking past any team in district.

Good news on Hawley an Man I can't believe he's back after 4 weeks, he is one tough young man.

Please see my comments under Quay Stokes' Heading for more information....

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Friday Night Five: Hawley’s Quay Stokes is a football cyborg

THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF RESULTS EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT DURING FOOTBALL SEASON, BUT WE'LL SPOTLIGHT FIVE EACH WEEK THAT MADE HEADLINES.

October 7, 2017
Max Thompson

We’re pretty big fans of Hawley QB Quay Stokes at DCTF.

http://www.texasfootball.com/friday-nig ... ll-cyborg/

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4109103/quay-stokes

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/sp ... 106374680/

I text I got from Quay and his Dad...

I got this !!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
Attachments
Quay Stokes - I Got This !.jpg
Quay Stokes - I Got This !.jpg (93.7 KiB) Viewed 287 times

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:07 pm

Stokes' return headlines Game of the Week win over Seymour

Posted: Oct 07, 2017

Quay Stokes passed the 10,000 career yards mark in his first game back since suffering an ankle injury in week 1.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/stokes-return- ... /633227132

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Stamford blanks Olney to end non-district 4-2

Posted: Oct 07, 2017

Highlights of the Bulldogs' 58-0 shut-out of Olney on Friday, Oct. 6

http://www.ktxs.com/news/stamford-blank ... /633207060

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:12 pm

2017 Week 6 BCH Sports Game Balls

By: Mary Johnson
Oct 08, 2017

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/sport ... /830639699

October 8th, 2017 - It's time for our weekly BCH Sports Game Ball giveaway! Here are four guys who stood out to us on the field of play in the 6th week of the football season. We have three high school players and one lucky college guy.

First up we have Sweetwater's Kobe Clark. Kobe had 7 receptions for 216 yards and three touchdowns, and he did it on all sides of the ball too! He recovered a fumble for a TD, had a pick 6, and returned a punt for a touchdown in the Mustangs' 69-7 beat down over Lamesa on Friday night.

Up next, Hawley's QB Quay Stokes made his return to the Friday night lights in a big way! Quay threw for 271 yards with two TDs and ran for 61 yards with another two TDs on the ground. Quay also made history on Friday night when he broke 10,000 career yards.

Anson's Drew Hagler gets a game ball this week! The QB had 284 yards passing, 125 yards rushing with 3 passing and 2 rushing TDs in Anson's 41-8 win over Windthorst in the 6th week of the high school football season.

Onto college now, McMurry's QB Kevin Hurley Jr. gets our final Game Ball tonight. He took over at quarterback in the second half and led the War Hawks to a 42-30 comeback win over Belhaven. Kevin threw for 245 yards and four touchdowns in McMurry's first homecoming win since 2012.

So congrats to our BCH Sports Game Ball winners, keep showing out on the field guys!

:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Non-District Standings:

Post 5-1
Anson 4-2
Hawley 4-2
Stamford 4-2
Forsan 3-3

New Season and Back to 0-0 for everyone, a clean slate and games that count...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Week 7

Anson vs Stamford
Forsan vs Hawley
Post gets a Bye...

Okay boys and girls, these are for real, who ya got???

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Week 7

I got Anson & Hawley starting 1-0...

I took Anson as Stamford has too many walking wounded right now
and I took Hawley, well, I took Hawley.... LOL :))

Good luck to all schools...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Second season starts with huge district openers

Wilner's Weekly Watch

Chris Wilner
Oct 11, 2017
http://www.ktxs.com/news/big-country/se ... /636370438

Wilner's Weekly Watch - Week 7
ABILENE, Texas - It's go time for high school football this week, as district play engulfs the entire state for 11-man teams. Cooper and Wylie both opening up league play joining AHS who’s already in progress, but how about some Big County marquee match-ups?

Stamford (4-2) vs. Anson (4-2):

The battle for Jones County kicks-off district 4-2A DI, as Stamford travels to Anson.

The Bulldogs, after a slow start, are red-hot with Lonnie Applin and company finding its grove with a 4-2 record, and playing some of its best football of the season following a shut-out of Olney.

But Anson is ready to contend for another district title, and comes in motivated after back-to-back losses to Albany and Jim Ned before rebounding against Roscoe.

Keep this one in mind folks, in what could possibly be the deciding factor in a district title run between these two neighboring rivals.

retchbh

Postby retchbh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm

I like the Dogs and the Bearcats. A loss at this point for Hawley could have them fighting to stay out of the cellar. They don't want that to happen. The dogs have injuries, but they also have tradition on their side.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:32 pm

retchbh wrote:I like the Dogs and the Bearcats. A loss at this point for Hawley could have them fighting to stay out of the cellar. They don't want that to happen. The dogs have injuries, but they also have tradition on their side.

I certainly don't think that any team in this district will be looking past anyone as this district will be hard fought for... There are going to be some great games to see in this district in the next few weeks...

bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Postby bluedawg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:27 am

Hawley wins this week, Forsan lost a lot of talent from graduation and being 3-3 dont think they can handle the Bearcats and Mr Stokes.

Have to stay with my Dawgs over the Tigers. Stamford is banged up but have a lot of depth and some kids have stepped up to fill in. And the factor will be Stamford's speed, they are loaded with it. Key to this game will be mistakes. Stamford should be 5-1, The Hamlin game in 2 OT's, the dawgs lost 3 fumbles and a int and too many penalties.

Go Blue

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 am

bluedawg wrote:Hawley wins this week, Forsan lost a lot of talent from graduation and being 3-3 dont think they can handle the Bearcats and Mr Stokes.

Have to stay with my Dawgs over the Tigers. Stamford is banged up but have a lot of depth and some kids have stepped up to fill in. And the factor will be Stamford's speed, they are loaded with it. Key to this game will be mistakes. Stamford should be 5-1, The Hamlin game in 2 OT's, the dawgs lost 3 fumbles and a int and too many penalties.

Go Blue

I think this whole district is going to come down to who makes plays on Friday night, who takes care of the ball, and as always... Who stays healthy... I just got back to town after driving twenty-one hours home from Jacksonville Florida... I made it to may son's JV game last night and it was awesome to watch him play... Tonight, I am headed to watch the Bearcats play in Forsan... If it was our bye week, I would certainly be in Anson for this one... It should be a great game... Good luck to you all and safe travels as well as stay healthy...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 17/18

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 am

Stamford defeats Anson 35 to 28

Looked like this was a great game to see, understand a kid was hurt for Anson, I hope that he is doing okay and to hear more information.

Hawley defeats Forsan 40 to 21

A hard fought game by both teams, great game to watch...

Post had a Bye week....

New Season Standings:

Stamford 1 - 0
Hawley 1 - 0
Anson 0 - 1
Forsan 0 -1
Post 0 - 0

Return to “2A Texas Football”