2016 SEMIFINALS: Wellington-vs-Iraan.

Home of the toughest football in Texas

who gonna WIN and ADVANCE to the State Championships ??

Rockets
19%
Braves
81%

Total votes: 31

Bearcat77

2016 SEMIFINALS: Wellington-vs-Iraan.

Postby Bearcat77 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:09 am

CLASS 2A DIVISON II SEMIFINALS

Region I (13-1) Wellington-vs-Iraan (14-0) Region II

greenmogulfan2

Re: 2016 SEMIFINALS: Wellington-vs-Iraan.

Postby greenmogulfan2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:39 am

Any word on time/location for this on yet?

SLUGOM

Postby SLUGOM » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:03 pm

greenmogulfan2 wrote:Any word on time/location for this on yet?

According to KTXS, Friday 7:00 pm at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene
Just 1

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:58 pm

This game is in my back yard, so this is where the boys and I will be next Friday night... And no disrespect intended, we will be on Iraan's side to support them all the way...
Lord bless this school in their hour of need... Continued Prayers for their community and families...

By the way, it was mentioned at the Abernathy / Anson game and on behalf of these two schools and Synder, there were prayers sent out during that game as well... It's times like these that bring us together as Texans and as Americans....
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey Henderson & Scott Akins Go Bearcats, Congratulations on 50 Years !!! **== **== **== **== **==

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 pm

Normally I'd say Iraan by cpl scores but focus will be difficult and understandably so. Still going with the Braves of turning a horrible tragedy into something positive. God bless Iraan and their families

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Rockets=3..23%.
Braves=10..77%.
Total votes: 13

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

acesfull wrote:Normally I'd say Iraan by cpl scores but focus will be difficult and understandably so. Still going with the Braves of turning a horrible tragedy into something positive. God bless Iraan and their families

Amen
Defense wins Championships!

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 am

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football- ... R_wFjw.htm

Rankings & Records

...........National...TX..Section..State Div...Overall..District..Home..Away..Neutral..Win %..District %....PF-PA.
Iraan.........1,151..121....29...........1..........14-0......4-0......5-0....5-0......4-0...1.000%.....1.000%..623-175.
Wellington..1,968..217....65...........2..........13-1......4-1......4-1....5-0......4-0......929%.......800%..578-152.

ScoutTeamHero

Postby ScoutTeamHero » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:38 am

Agree that focus will be difficult this week, but it will be impossible for Wellington to match the desire and effort that Iraan will be playing with as they use this game to honor and heal their community. Prayers to Iraan.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 am

Will the game be online?

SANTODAD

Postby SANTODAD » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:14 pm

Though heavy-hearted, I believe the Braves and their entire community will rally together and advance one step closer to their goal. Best of luck to all teams playing this weekend and pray for safe travels and injury free games. PS ... Please use extra caution when traveling, as the weather this time of year can switch in a minute.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:11 pm

ScoutTeamHero wrote:Agree that focus will be difficult this week, but it will be impossible for Wellington to match the desire and effort that Iraan will be playing with as they use this game to honor and heal their community. Prayers to Iraan.

Can go either way, as I've seen it affect games both ways.

ima puncher

Postby ima puncher » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Mason radio khlb 102.5 working out details with Iraan to broadcast this game.

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 pm

kinda feel sorry for wellington,all the neutrals and emotion will be with iraan if they win(i dont think they will) they will be the bad guys who beat poor iraan

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:12 pm

lsg13 wrote:kinda feel sorry for wellington,all the neutrals and emotion will be with iraan if they win(i dont think they will) they will be the bad guys who beat poor iraan

Yes, I have been thinking the very same thing... That is why I have stated "No Disrespect to Wellington".... All Wellington can do is, play a hard clean game with great sportsmanship... Kids helping each other up, back slaps on good plays... Play hard and with emotion on both sides and have a good clean game... That's all either team can do and this way they both come out with their heads held high...

Good Luck and safe travels for both schools and communities...
Continued Prayers of Recovery For Casey Henderson & Scott Akins Go Bearcats, Congratulations on 50 Years !!! **== **== **== **== **==

WellingtonSkyrocket

Postby WellingtonSkyrocket » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:08 pm

I'll be moving to Austin that weekend so I can't make it. Can't imagine what Iraan is going through. All of us know how the loss of someone in a small town, especially something so sudden and tragic, can shake the community. Wellington has to the play the villain so I know a lot of people will be rooting against them. I just pray that for 4 quarters of football the boys and fans can experience a good game and take their mind off things even for just a bit before trying to move forward with the healing process.

Iraan just know the community of Wellington has been praying for you and sharing news articles. I'm so, so sorry for your tragedy. Hopefully the boys can rally together and play a good game and the best team walks away the winner with a trip to the big game. I remember, as a kid, reading about Wellington playing Iraan. Nice to see these 2 teams get a chance to play each other again. Best of luck to all the players and safe travels to everyone who goes to the game.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:51 pm

WellingtonSkyrocket wrote:I'll be moving to Austin that weekend so I can't make it. Can't imagine what Iraan is going through. All of us know how the loss of someone in a small town, especially something so sudden and tragic, can shake the community. Wellington has to the play the villain so I know a lot of people will be rooting against them. I just pray that for 4 quarters of football the boys and fans can experience a good game and take their mind off things even for just a bit before trying to move forward with the healing process.

Iraan just know the community of Wellington has been praying for you and sharing news articles. I'm so, so sorry for your tragedy. Hopefully the boys can rally together and play a good game and the best team walks away the winner with a trip to the big game. I remember, as a kid, reading about Wellington playing Iraan. Nice to see these 2 teams get a chance to play each other again. Best of luck to all the players and safe travels to everyone who goes to the game.

Very well said... Very Well.... Just know this... All that go to the game on Friday in support of Iraan is more for the support and uplifting of a community that is hurting and needs our support. If we can bring even a little comfort for their community in these horrific times, then going has certainly done what we have set out to do...

But also know this, this has nothing to do with your great school, your very talented football team or community... Your kids deserve every accolade for what they have accomplished and deserve our love and support as well as we all come together for this game... I hope to see two teams play to their best abilities and play hard until the final whistle... Then to see two communities come together as one, regardless of the outcome...

Just know that we as the football community and all across this great State, care about your kids as well...

Thank you for your words of wisdom and your support as I am very sure the community of Iraan is very appreciative...

God Bless both of the communities and teams in this game....

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:38 pm

http://www.kcbd.com/story/33918845/iraa ... final-game

Iraan Braves get ready for State semi-final game
By Victor Lopez, Sports Anchor/Reporter

Braves-vs-Wellington in State semi-final. (Source: KWES)

IRAAN, TX (KWES) -"High school football playoff hopes have been dashed for most of our West Texas teams. Two teams are already headed to their, respective state games. The Iraan Braves, despite recent tragedy, are one game away from theirs.

It is business as usual for the Iraan Braves, this week. The team is preparing for their state, semifinal game against Wellington and they are trying to move one step closer to their first state title since 1996.

It was also the first time Iraan took the field since Friday's deadly bus crash. The Braves know that wining, this week and beyond, would mean a lot for the healing town.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure it would mean everything, for the community, since everything that happened and it would just mean a whole lot to everybody and it would just be a good day in Iraan," said running back, Daryl Lozoya.

"The community really supports us, a lot, and it would, just mean so much to everyone, just everyone in the community, for us to make it there,” added QB Clayton Kent.

Coming off a dominant win against Munday, the team is confident, going into the Friday's semifinal match-up with Wellington. But, they know they'll have to play mistake-free football to advance.

"If your gonna advance, your gonna have to beat them. They’re not gonna beat themselves. They’re not gonna put themselves in that situation, and you know your play-makers are gonna have to make plays," commented Head Coach Mark Kirchhoff.

This is a special team, literally 20 years in the making. So, what separates them from the rest?

According to Coach Kirchhoff, "They like to go out and play, whether it's practice, whether it's game time, and that's the thing with them. They're hard-nosed and they just love the game more than anything else."

On Friday night, the Braves will look to deliver a much, needed win to their school and their community."

Bumpy

Postby Bumpy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Eagle 1 wrote:Will the game be online?

Yes. The feed from KCTX Radio FM 96.1 who carries all the Wellington games will also be streamed live on the stations website. Go to http://www.kctxradio.net. Larry Haddock and Drew Taylor will do the play by play with pregame show starting at 6:15.
Last edited by Bumpy on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Bumpy wrote:
Eagle 1 wrote:Will the game be online?

Yes. The feed from KCTX Radio FM 96.1 who carries all the Wellington games will also be streamed live on the stations website. Go to http://www.kctxradio.net. Larry Haddock and Drew Taylor will do the play by play with pregame show starting at 6:45.

Thanks.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:01 am

Area cheerleaders rally for Iraan game Friday
Brian Bethel

Cheerleading squads from around Texas are pledging to help honor the memory of Elizabeth Pope, an Iraan-Sheffield Independent School District teacher killed in a bus accident on U.S. Interstate 20 near Big Spring.

The BRAVE Strong Cheerleaders Facebook page was created by Starla Warren, a 2000 graduate of Iraan High School and Brave varsity cheer co-coach.

Its goal is to ”reach out to all the surrounding cheer coaches in hopes to pack the stands with cheerleaders at the Iraan playoff game Friday,” Warren wrote Sunday. Iraan plays Wellington Friday at 7 p.m. at Shotwell Stadium.

Seven others were hospitalized following the accident, caused when a semi-trailer lost control to avoid hitting a vehicle that had slammed on its brakes. A coach and two cheerleaders remained hospitalized on Sunday. School officials said the crash happened so fast the person driving the bus was unable to react to the oncoming semi-trailer.

By Monday afternoon plans had been made for a Friday evening meal for cheerleading squads at the Display Building of the Taylor County Expo Center, with cheerleaders and sponsors admitted free to the game.

With numerous cheer squads pledging their support and presence, Warren wrote she was “honored and humbled” to see so much interest. Orders for T-shirts were being taken on the Facebook page, with a limited number to be sold at the game Friday.

Lauren Peacock, cheer sponsor in Albany, said that her school’s mascot, junior varsity and varsity cheerleaders plan to attend Friday.

“We played (Iraan) the week before last, and we saw all those girls cheer and we saw their community, and it just hit home to us,” she said Monday. “We just want to be there for them and support them and be there for their community as much as possible.”

A group of seven junior varsity and varsity cheerleaders plans to come from Brady ISD, said Kellie Medrano, cheer sponsor.

“Cheerleaders, they’re all one team even though they’re supporting other teams, they’re still one team,” she said. “They’re there to support spirit (whether) it’s their team or somebody else’s team.”

Chelsea Sims from Jim Ned ISD, said that she expects to bring a dozen cheerleaders to support Iraan to “encourage them and be positive for them.”

“That’s what’s being a cheerleader is all about – showing up to support your team,” she said. “In this case, our team is Iraan.”

Free admission requires either a uniform or some other identification proving ties to cheerleading. Family members will need pay regular admission, $8 for adults, $4 for students.

Those participating should park on the west parking lot and enter through the middle gate on the west side of the stadium, not through the usual corner gates.

An account has been set up at Brave National Bank to help support those impacted by the bus accident. The account information is:

Pray for Iraan Benefit Fund-Fund #230173
Brave National Bank
P.O. Box 577
Iraan, Texas 79744

http://www.reporternews.com/story/news/ ... /95019294/

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:13 am

Ren: Iraan bus crash puts things in perspective
Evan Ren

While sending out the final tweets from Friday night’s postgame wrap-up in Midland, I received a message asking me if I knew anything about an accident involving one of the buses from Iraan.

At that stage, I knew nothing of it and hoped it was an Internet rumor. But a quick search on social media revealed the horrible truth: A small bus, carrying six Iraan cheerleaders and their two sponsors had collided with a tractor trailer on Interstate 20 near Big Spring.
One of the sponsors died from the injuries she sustained. Seven others were injured.

I packed my gear and began the drive home through the rain. The game I had just witnessed — a 38-14 regional final win by Sweetwater over Seminole, had for the better part of two hours dominated my thoughts since its conclusion.

It was huge, I thought.

Sweetwater going to the state semifinals? What a story.

Suddenly, it meant nothing.

Despite all the importance we place on football, it can be exposed for the mirage it is in an instant.

Somewhere out there, ahead of me on I-20, a group of people were hurting — most of them kids, still at that age where many of us felt immortal.

In good spirits, following Iraan’s regional final win over Munday in Colorado City, the group was looking forward to this week’s state semifinal with Wellington.

Fate, however, intervened.

I couldn’t escape thinking about that sudden reversal of emotions as I slowly drove along on that rain-slick highway. And a terrible reality began to set in.

Even at our most joyous moment, everything we have, everything we are, everything we were or ever could be can be taken away in an instant.

There’s no comfort in chaos.

I find comfort in attaching a purpose or a plan to virtually everything. That may seem silly in the view of some, but the alternative is just too unpleasant.

Chaos scares me.

The thought of me being random scares me even more.

What is the meaning to all of this? What is the purpose? What positives can be taken from a tragedy of this kind?

I don’t profess to have all the answers, or even a fraction of them. But I can say that positives are already forming in the wake of Friday’s horrific accident.

Cheerleaders from all over the area have answered the call to support Iraan on Friday when it faces Wellington in a Class 2A Division II state semifinal in Abilene.

The outpouring, particularly on social media, has been enormous. The gathering of support this week at Shotwell Stadium, which is still growing, could be mind-blowing by the time the game gets underway at 7 p.m.

Positives. Do I dare take note of them?

Am I rationalizing to see a purpose behind them?

Is it wishful thinking to believe that chaos doesn’t govern?

I hope not.

I’d like to accept the warmth of the human spirit as evidence of something eternal — something that doesn’t simply exist by accident.

Maybe I’m wrong.

But for the time being, a large group of young people reaching out to comfort a handful of others is enough to comfort me.

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... /95024016/

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Rockets=6..22%.
Braves=21..78%.
Total votes: 27..

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:44 pm

...so no UPSET here ? :-? ? [-x

Roadrocket

Postby Roadrocket » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Should be a close one average points for the playoffs Wellington 45.3 vs 4.8 Iraan 43.5 vs 13.25

PurplePunch
Donating Member 17/18

Postby PurplePunch » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Quick story I heard today. The Mason radio station, KHLB Lone Star 102.5, made arrangements with Iraan to broadcast the game: http://khlb1025.com or the TuneIn Radio app - Lone Star 102.5. When they called to set up the broadcast with the Abilene AD's office they were suspicious - why would Mason want to broadcast the Iraan game? The response was, well, given the cheerleader bus tragedy we want to help people who can't come to the game and we have everything to do it online. Also we played them earlier in the year, and their coach is from Mason, so there are a lot of people from Mason who want to hear the game.
The AD was a bit incredulous, but they worked it out. From the radio website -

Well folks, football season may be over for the Punchers, but the Iraan Braves are still going strong! Our prayers have been going out to the folks at Iraan this week regarding the recent tragic accident on their way home from the game on Friday. As the Braves do not have a hometown station airing their events, KHLB stands in support of Iraan and will be broadcasting the game on Friday from Abilene. Tune in on our website http://www.khlb1025.com, or via the Tune In App at KHLB. Help us cheer on the fine folks of Iraan! GO BRAVES!

2A Texas Football! Nothing like it!

Bumpy

Postby Bumpy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Wellington's hometown station is KCTX FM 96.1 -- which will also be streaming the game on the station's website at http://www.kctxradio.net. KCTX is actually out of Childress (28 miles away from Wellington) but has been broadcasting Skyrocket football since 2010. Join Larry Haddock and Drew Taylor for the pregame show (including interviews with coaches) beginning at 6:15 p.m.

bluedawg

Postby bluedawg » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 am

Going with Iraan. I know that the tragedy last week will be tough on the Braves, and how they respond could go either way. But my money is gonna be with Iraan, they have a very good team that executes well and makes few mistakes and as mention before, they have a lot of SR leadership. Safe travels for both teams tonight and my GOD be watching over them.

SLUGOM

Postby SLUGOM » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Iraan by 20

Safe travels to those attending the game and good luck to both teams.
Just 1

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:20 am

Iraan beats Wellington for berth in 2A DII state final
Brandon McAuliffe

Sports has long had a way of starting the healing process after tragedies, and Friday night was no different at Shotwell Stadium.

After seeing their cheerleader sponsor die in a car wreck last week, the Iraan Braves got back on the football field and clinched a spot in the Class 2A Division II state championship game with a 42-21 win over the Wellington Skyrockets.

The win was especially special for Iraan senior Steven Garlock whose aunt was killed in the wreck and his mom is still in a Lubbock hospital and has undergone multiple surgeries this week.

“Adversity is nothing that we haven’t had to go through,” Garlock said. “This week was tougher than it has been, but we powered through it and it is never going to stop us. (Aunt Liz Pope) loved this football team and loved each and every one of us more than anything. She was with us and up there watching us.”

Garlock added that his mom, Christina, made sure to stress to him that he didn’t need to worry and that football needed to be a priority.

Daryel Lozoya and Kyle O’Bannon each dominated one half of play to set Iraan (15-0) up with a 10 a.m. championship game appearance against Burton on Thursday. Burton defeated Bremond 50-31 in the other semifinal Friday night.

It’s Iraan’s first trip to the state championship game in 20 years.

Lozoya ran for 184 yards and three scores on just 13 carries, while O’Bannon had six carries for 83 yards and a touchdown while adding a score on the opening kickoff of the second half.

“Once we came out and scored to start the second half, we stuck the pole in the top of the hill and made our mark,” O’Bannon said. “We made sure that they were not going to catch up and beat us.”

Iraan outgained Wellington 357-345, despite the Skyrockets holding a 75-30 advantage in offensive plays.

After Iraan’s defense forced a three-and-out to start the game, Canon Andrews had a 43-yard touchdown catch on the Braves’ third offensive play for a 7-0 lead with 8:11 left in the opening quarter.

“We play physical football with a lot of heart and belief in each other,” Iraan coach Mark Kirchhoff said. “Our defense did a good job in getting the three-and-out and we had Canon over the middle. We don’t throw the ball a whole lot, but we can.”

After Wellington tied the game on a 13-yard catch by Andrew Rueda, Lozoya broke free for a 68-yard scoring run to put Iraan back on top at 14-7 with 3:02 left in the first quarter.

Camden Chaney broke up a fourth-down pass attempt in the end zone for the Braves, Lozoya capped a six-play drive with a four-yard scoring plunge for a 14-point lead with 6:00 left in the half.

Wellington closed to within a touchdown with 56 seconds left in the half when quarterback Luke Williams scrambled through the middle of the field for a 26-yard score.

The Braves wasted no time extending the lead as O’Bannon returned the opening kickoff of the second half 78 yards for a touchdown and a 28-14 lead.

After Kevin Benavides recovered a fumble at the Iraan 17, the Braves needed just five plays to score with O’Bannon racing down the right sideline for a 66-yard touchdown and a 35-14 lead with 4:17 left in the quarter.

After James Kilgore scored with 9:58 left, Lozoya scored with 1:35 to play to ice the game.

“We executed well in the veer game,” Kirchhoff said. “Wellington gave us a little bit of a problem with their six-man front, but it was a matter of time before we popped a couple and grinded it out.

“For us to come here and have the support that we did, the human spirit is alive and well. The win is great, but win or lose it was going to help our community.”

CLASS 2A DIVISION II SEMIFINALS

IRAAN 42
WELLINGTON 21

WELLINGTON 7 7 0 7 — 21
Iraan 14 7 14 7 — 42

FIRST QUARTER
IRA — Carson Andrews 43 pass from Clayton Kent (Daryel Lozoya kick), 8:11
WEL – Andrew Rueda 13 pass from Luke Williams (Mauricio Herrera kick), 3:48
IRA – Lozoya 68 run (Lozoya kick), 3:02

SECOND QUARTER
IRA – Lozoya 4 run (Lozoya kick), 6:00
WEL – Williams 26 run (Herrera kick), :56

THIRD QUARTER
IRA – Kyle O’Bannon 78 kickoff return (Lozoya kick), 11:46
IRA – O’Bannon 66 run (Lozoya kick), 4:17

FOURTH QUARTER
WEL – James Kilgore 1 run (Herrera kick), 9:58
IRA – Lozoya 45 run (Lozoya kick), 1:35

WEL IRA
First downs 21 12
Rushes-Yards 69-315 24-274
Passing 30 83
Comp-Att-Int 3-6-0 3-6-1
Punts 1-21 1-39
Fumbles-Lost 2-1 0-0
Penalties-Yards 3-15 2-15

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING: Wellington: Jose Tellez 40-183, Luke Williams 16-91, James Kilgore 7-31, Arturo Tellez 5-5, Andrwe Rueda 1-5. Iraan: Daryel Lozoya 13-184, Kyle O’Bannon 6-83, Clayton Kent 5-7.

PASSING: Wellington: Williams 3-6-0-30 yards. Iraan: Kent 3-6-1-83 yards.

RECEIVING: Wellington: Rueda 2-27, John Holcomb 1-3. Iraan: Canon Andrews 2-74, O’Bannon 1-9..

RECORDS: Wellington 13-2, Iraan 15-0.

http://www.reporternews.com/story/sport ... /95183372/

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:57 pm

All I can say is WOW what a game... Seeing this game sure helped to put things is perspective, both of these teams were amazing and truly great football teams... It was very entertaining to see these two great programs going at each other. Both teams fought hard and for most of the game it was a slug-fest of two grind it out offenses with the big plays coming to Iraan as their running game seem to break a lot of tackles. Iraan's passing game is also very effective when they use it and provided several lethal blows to Wellington...

The killer was that Iraan opened the 2nd half with a kickoff return that scored in seconds. That hurt Wellington for sure...

This was a real punch you in the stomach game from both teams, with plenty of very hard hits to go around by both squads...

Then, if you have ever played Wellington, you know about #53... This was a man among boys !!! This kid is listed as 6' 11" and weighs 335 lbs... And he is not a fat kid that is slow, this kid is a BEAST.. He looked to be a foot and half taller than anyone on the field !!! Good Lord!!!

I told everyone around us he would make JJ Watt look little and after I checked his stats I am totally right... JJ Watt is 6' 5" and weighs 289 lbs...

And here is the kicker folks... This kid is ONLY a Sophomore... My Gracious... He also plays both ways on the offensive and defensive lines and is a force now....

What are they feeding these boys in Wellington ????

The other great thing about this game is that from all over the State of Texas and even some from New Mexico sent their cheerleaders and Mascots... Not sure if you know a lot about Shotwell stadium, but they reserved all of sections W5 and W6 for them and they had it full from the field level to the very top, I would guess somewhere between 700 to 1000 kids all cheering and hollering for the Braves of Iraan... It was certainly heart healing for sure... Then you add in all the people that went in support of Iraan that sat on the home side, which was completely full... it looked like an Abilene High game on the home side and even on the visitor's side (Wellington) had a good showing as well... But I am here to tell you, I would wager a bet that there were more cheerleaders on the home side than all of Wellington... I could be wrong, but you just had to see it to believe it... I posted several stories from the two differnt TV stations that were covering the game and they even had airial shots from the air... This was truly amazing to see that is for sure...

Then at half time, the Wellington Cheerleaders presented the Iraan Cheerleaders with a check for $3000 dollars to help the community of Iraan... Wellington's Band also did a special tribute song to "Liv Pope" the Iraan Cheerleading sponsor that passed away, it was very thoughtful, touching, and very moving...

My hats off to Wellington, they showed such grace and I am sure that this also helped Iraan to continue to heal...

If you missed this one, you missed a great one... Truly a game that had no losers, only winners in ever stage of the word...

Yes, Wellington has to go home, but they can hold their heads high as they played their hearts out and showed true Texas Football Spirit... Both schools are a Class act and I wish them both all the best...

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 18/19

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:58 pm

I look forward to Iraan's game at AT&T Stadium as the boys and I continue to support the Braves...

Return to “2A Texas Football”